Tips from the community
booksandbao 2 years ago
tuliefm 2 years ago
seeker 7 months ago
seeker 2 years ago
seeker 6 months ago
seeker 1 year ago
netanyas 2 years ago
seeker 2 years ago
seeker 2 years ago
seeker 6 months ago
nicolejordan 3 years ago
pdxtravelgal 3 years ago
- jajajames (James Knowlton) Let's get buzzed on bean juice in the PNW! While the coffee quality is absolutely considered, this list is really about ambiance. Coffee experts don't come at me, feel free to make a list of your own. Who doesn't love a good cafe to work in, get cozy, and / or have an awkward first date at. Hopefully these places will make all those experiences a little more enjoyable. Hey, even if the date doesn't work out, at least you'll have your new go to chill spot.
- jajajames (James Knowlton) Hello my fellow plant eaters! If you don't eat meat and/or dairy and/or simply love what a vegetable can do...this list is for you!
- rileyroberson (Riley Roberson) Quick math. Three meals a day is the norm - four if it's about 11:00 and you had a small dinner and you're still a little hungry and you're good at not feeling guilty about it. That means it would take you three days to get to these 10 restaurants in Portland with a few breaks for naps. This city bounces around on the list of top foodie cities in the US, and there is good reason why. Whether it's #2, #1, or anywhere else in the top 5, these restaurants keep it there.
- harrisonappah8 (Harrison Appah) If there's one thing that natives of Portland, Oregon can boast about, it is the city's abundance of natural spots, greenery, and parks. Portland has several parks with various attractions to cater to the outdoor desires of anyone who cares to visit. In this list, we will be exploring the top five of these parks.
- harrisonappah8 (Harrison Appah) It is no secret that Portland has a large selection of breweries for beer lovers everywhere. The city has no shortage of and all sorts of beer styles. It could be a little daunting, deciding what brewpub to try first. After trying out quite a few, here are my top picks for breweries in Portland.
- rileyroberson (Riley Roberson) What makes a brewery good? The selection? The specific types of beer? The garage door that is inevitably at every single one? It's pretty subjective. The best brewery is ultimately the one that is best to you, so here are some great options for you to choose from.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) From massive copper sculptures to French-Renaissance Chateaus, Portland's history is a lengthy and creative one- with plenty to uncover. Walk the country's first-ever pedestrian-centered bridge, geek out over old engineering, or spend the afternoon sipping fresh Matcha in a traditional Japanese tea garden- we weren't joking when we said Portland has it all.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) From Norweigian-French fusion to Middle Eastern cuisine with a twist, with every form of comfort food mixed in between, these trendy destinations throughout the city are sure to wet your palette. Portland has something for everyone- brunch isn't just mimosas and pancakes but an entire experience of fun and flavor (and interior decoration). Whether you're craving a freshly baked Belgian waffle, a fruity cocktail, or something you have never tried before- dig into our picks for the best brunch spots of Portland.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Portland, Oregon is a melting pot of culture, cuisine, art, and fashion- a dream spot for creatively-minded travelers looking to uncover ideas, taste artisanal coffee, and take incredible photographs. From the bustling Oldtown Chinatown to the hip Pearl District, Portland is made up of trendy eateries, fashionable boutiques, and fascinating art galleries. Drink with the local art scene at the Alberta Arts District, snap an Insta pic of the opulent Victorian-style houses of Nob Hill, or visit quirky gift shops in Hawthorne- we are going to take you through Portland's coolest neighborhoods.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Portland's food scene is an eclectic mixture of culture, tradition, and flavor, a collection of some of the nation's most delicious dishes with creative twists. These spots throughout the city make up just a few of the most iconic restaurants to visit while in town, from the legendary Voodoo Doughnuts to the ever so creative Eem. Calling all foodies- this one is for you.
- madeleineray (Madeleine Ray) The feminist bookshop with two quirky owners? The Mayor's headquarters where so many shenanigans took place? If you are as big a fan of Portlandia as I am, I promise this list will give you some major nostalgia. Portlandia managed to capture the artsy, off-beat creativity that makes up this unique city, and if you head to any of these iconic spots, I guarantee you will feel like you just stepped into a skit (in the best way possible.)
- jajajames (James Knowlton) A list for dogs and their humans. Portland has the nation’s highest dog park per capita with a total of 33 in the city! This list will have some of those, as well as eateries, and other outings for you and your furry friend.
- pdxtravelgal (Susan Stephens) https://www.explorersue.com
- jajajames (James Knowlton) With almost 8 months of gray, Summer is a much awaited respite from the gloom. Portlanders certainly will let you know, the Winter's may be hard, but the Summers make it all worth it.
- rileyroberson (Riley Roberson) If a city is by good hiking, my wife and I typically like to spend a whole day out going through trails. Portland is an incredible place to spend 75 percent urban and 25 percent hiking (or the other way around, if you really really hike). This list should feature options for short, medium, and long hikes, so you'll have plenty to choose from.
- chadfredlott (Chad Lott) These are the bookstores I've wanted to get lost in.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Hello Spring! This is the season of blossoming and bringing in the new. What better way to enjoy this beautiful season than by taking a trip to see cherry blossom trees. Cherry blossoms are one of the most enchanting sights of the season, as the trees only bloom for a short glimpse of time. This brief-lived moment of bubblegum pink sweetness has been captivating and inspiring human beings for centuries. Here is a list of some of the best places in the US that you can visit to witness blooming cherry blossoms this spring.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Artsy travelers, this one is for you. Whether you're seeking cutting-edge individuals and innovative art events or massive museums to get lost in, these destinations are known for their overflowing creative energy. From the nightlife scene in Berlin bustling with artsy individuals to the breathtaking beauty of Brooklyn brownstone-lined pavements, these destinations encompass an aesthetic atmosphere that is guaranteed to inspire.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) April showers bring May flowers, and what encompasses the spirit of springtime than fresh blossoms flourishing alongside quaint countrysides and bustling cityscapes? These destinations are famed for different blossoms that perk up in the spring months- whether it's the mysterious pink aura of cherry blossoms in Tokyo to sprawls of wildflowers in Italy. Let's delve into the colorful and fragrant world of blooming flowers at these breathtaking destinations.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Care to enjoy a glass of rose in Paris while looking through an overflowing array of blooming flowers, or pull up to a flower truck to purchase a freshly cut bouquet in Nashville? These flower boutiques all incorporate a unique twist into their atmosphere- and we guarantee to pick out a luxurious bouquet from one of these cool shops is sure to wow more than one from the grocery store. In case you're looking for some mother's day inspo- these incredible florists around the world are sure to show your momma just how much she means to you.
- Read more...
There’s simply no denying the fact that 2020 threw us all for a loop. The COVID-19 pandemic wreaked havoc on life as we know it, putting all of our plans on pause for the foreseeable future. Although the boredom and loneliness of quarantine may have gotten to you, your wallet is likely thanking you for […]
- Read more...
Recreational marijuana has seen exponential growth and acceptance since Colorado first passed Colorado Amendment 64 nearly a decade ago, legalizing recreational use for adults 21 and over. Since that big day, other states have followed suit, falling like dominos in their efforts to legalize and commercialize recreational marijuana use. Today, over 36 states have legalized […]
- Read more...
Can’t afford a steamy tropical vacation this winter? No worries. Bundle up embrace the cold with these super cozy (and family-friendly) winter festivals found around the world. Some of the best winter vacation spots are hiding right in plain sight: explore majestic ice sculptures in China, watch twinkling lights in the Netherlands, compete in winter […]