Tips from the community
seeker 2 years ago
seeker 3 years ago
seeker 2 years ago
South Korea Guides
- madeleineray (Madeleine Ray) Whether you are looking for decadent cakes or soft-serve ice cream with quirky flavors- Seoul city has you covered. Part of the experience of enjoying tasty treats is the food design which provides our precious memories with equally precious images to hold close to our heart or share on social media. Seoul is one of my favorite places to visit in the world, and every time I go, I make sure to try a new sweet shop and take *a lot* of pictures. Here are some of the most aesthetic and of course, tasty sweet shops in the city.
- neopatience34 (Neo Zondo)
- shammell12 (Samantha Hammell)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Beach vacations, riverside picnics, and a notorious history that remains to this day in the whispers of ghost sightings and mysterious happenings; things are not always as they seem. From abandoned amusement parks steeped in decay to mysterious water spirits witnessed lurking in glistening shores- these destinations are for the adventurous. As Halloween gets closer, we are digging into our archive of spooky destinations across the planet, and these spots throughout Asia are some of the most chilling. Beware, don’t say we didn’t warn you.
- madeleineray (Madeleine Ray) Libras are always seeking balance in everything that they do. Being such indecisive individuals as they are, I decided to step in as a travel-obsessed libra who is always seeking the best spots for like-minded folks. So, if you're seeking aesthetics, art, culture, and a touch of chaos- here are my top libra-approved travel destinations to narrow down your options a little more.
- madeleineray (Madeleine Ray) These are the museums that dreams are made of. I put an emphasis on architectural design and the quality of items on display and chose a selection of galleries from the world's most renowned. This list is for any art lover seeking to get lost amongst culturally significant exhibits and breathtaking architecture. #seekerchallenge
- seeker (Seeker Editors) These fairytale-like destinations around the globe have all the ingredients for a fabulous summer getaway. Fantastic beaches? Check. Shimmering shores? Check. Culture, Cuisine, and adventure? And check, check check! Some we discovered by accident, some are the best-kept secrets of the travel community, and all are idyllic spots for a bubbly summer away from the backyard pool. Whether you dream of hiking quaint mountains dusted with wildflowers in Europe or relaxing beachside on a remote island- consider these hidden gems for your next adventure.
- madeleineray (Madeleine Ray) As someone obsessed with using film, I always have to look up the best and most reliable spots for development and printing in every city I visit. These are just a few cozy spots that stood out, diamonds in the rough, who provided excellent service and incredible quality. For those who are also obsessed with quality film development, or just looking to discover something new about the photography world, consider stopping by these off-the-beaten-path spots in some of the most exciting cities of the world on your next vacay.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) The airport can be a place of wonder- your key to the world, or a nightmare depending on where you are headed. Based on our travel experiences these airports consistently rank high for cleanliness, efficiency, and quality of experience- AKA they are not to be dreaded for a connecting flight or as a starting point for your next international vacay. We can guarantee indoor waterfalls, cushy lounges, delectable food, and most of all - no stress travel- at these top-rated airports across the planet. Bon Voyage!
- madeleineray (Madeleine Ray) These cities are known globally for being some of the most impactful on fashion, art, and design- let's just say this list is for the photographers who might be having some "writer's block" per se. With an artsy atmosphere brimming throughout the streets, dynamic architecture, and an inspiring population- these destinations are easily some of the most visually stunning on the planet. Be sure to pack extra film, and have plenty of space on your memory card.
- madeleineray (Madeleine Ray) It's a fresh new year and this is officially my travel vision board. Feeling nostalgic for times past in 2022 I want to revisit some of the most important places I have traveled in my lifetime, and maybe check off a few new bucket list items. From Tokyo to Vancouver, this is my entirely personal 2022 travel wishlist that is sure to be added onto frequently.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Explore picturesque valleys decorated in Himalayan flowers in India or visit shrines alongside quaint mountainside pathways in South Korea, these gorgeous national parks are some of the most unique and breathtaking around the world. Imagine ancient bamboo forests, majestic shrines, and lush jungles- across the continent there is no limit to the diverse and vast landscapes that you can uncover in your travels. These are just some of our personal favorite National Parks in Asia that encompass the diverse landscapes and rare wildlife to inspire you for your next adventure.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Hello, 2022! From established tourist destinations to cities on the verge of stardom in the digital nomad scene, these destinations are glittering and sparkling fresh for some new adventures. Experience an authentic St. Patty's day in Dublin, or head south for an authentic taste of Cinco de Mayo in Puebla, Mexico (or both!). Whether you are seeking an international city or a beachside paradise for your next big vacation, we promise you won't want to miss this list. Bon Voyage!
- laurenallain (Lauren Allain) Dreaming of ALLLLL the places and food I'll eat.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Nothing beats velvety and sweet scoops wrapped in a crunchy cone to combat a sweltering summer day. We are *big* fans of ice cream, and across the world, we have made it our mission to sample the locally loved parlors. From fruity watermelon Gelato in the south of France to decadent chocolate sundaes in Brooklyn, ice cream is something that is cherished worldwide. Visit these amazing destinations to indulge in some creamy, icy, goodness and create some bubblegum-flavored, rainbow sprinkled memories that will last forever.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) We took a little trip down memory lane and *virtually* visited the 10 most recent Summer Olympic Games host cities. Check out how each city celebrated the occasion, and consider adding these exciting destinations to your bucket list. The Olympics have long been an international celebration dedicated to promoting travel and connection between countries far and wide, and with the current games underway, get in the spirit and let's take a look at these iconic, historical destinations.
- michele (Michele Humeston)
- jeanlouise (Jean Tiston) Philippines is an archipelago in Southeast Asia and so the best way to and from here is through air travel. Here are some destinations in our neighboring countries you can get for cheap. (Especially during seat sales of local airlines). Note: International travel in my part of the world is still restricted but I can still dream and plan for the future. With the vaccine roll out already in progress, I'm optimistic that the time for travel is already in sight. Always check with local travel guidelines. Travel safely and responsibly. Flight durations are from SkyScanner.
- michaelydia205 (Lydia Michael) The world is just a huge canvas filled with brilliant colours. Here are the top natural places and parks I've visited around the world for #seekerchallenge
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Across the vast, diverse continent of Asia, there are seemingly endless World Heritage Sites to explore. Visit the sparse atomic bomb dome in Hiroshima, or walk for hours along the towering Great Wall of China. From sprawling rustic temple grounds to ancient statues of civilizations past- here is a collection of some of the prominent World Heritage Sites in Asia.
South Korea Articles
- Read more...
Glass bridges— elevated paths perched hundreds of feet above rushing waters and deep canyons—have grown in popularity in the last two decades. These glass-bottom marvels offer crystal-clear vantage points to admire amazing landscapes, take picture-perfect panoramas, and capture enviable selfies while amping up the fear factor. Acrophobics, beware. From the Grand Canyon to the Canadian […]
- Read more...
Can’t afford a steamy tropical vacation this winter? No worries. Bundle up embrace the cold with these super cozy (and family-friendly) winter festivals found around the world. Some of the best winter vacation spots are hiding right in plain sight: explore majestic ice sculptures in China, watch twinkling lights in the Netherlands, compete in winter […]