District of Columbia
Tips from the community
seeker 1 year ago
District of Columbia Lists
- breakfast_with_tiffani (Tiffani Denham) Hanging out in the Nation's Capital and looking for a cool place to have a Day Date? Whether solo or with bae, check out some of these dope spots. They open early and offer great vibes for a pic or two!
- smalltowntallgirl (Meredith Linley)
- blacey0925 (Beth Lacey)
- netanyas (Netanya Trimboli) Everyone loves a good rooftop bar, especially when the weather is nice. Here are a few to enjoy in the DC/VA area.
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) Planning a family trip to Washington D.C. with your kids? Look no further than this list of kid-friendly things to do in the city. I took my 10-year-old son to DC for a memorable trip in November 2019, and it was both a fun and educational experience for both of us. From incredible museums to the grandeur of the National Mall, there is no shortage of activities to keep children entertained and engaged in learning. Here are our favorite spots from our trip. Reach out to your representative in Congress up to 6 months in advance for free tickets to many of the top sights as well as special access. Book as many popular sites sell out quickly!
- netanyas (Netanya Trimboli) So many great places to choose from in the DC area to fill up on tasty Mexican cuisine. #seekerchallenge
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) From cheating scandals to drug overdoses, these hotels have made the news for all the wrong reasons.
- netanyas (Netanya Trimboli) There is so much good food in the DC area, and these are local insider tips to getting fine dining flavors at a budget-friendly price. Dinner for 2, following the recommendations, can be expected to total around $35-$45, not including drinks.
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) These are the trees that were famous before instagram.
- thegoddess_pallas (Pallas-Amenah Morgan) I find pieces of myself wherever I travel! Here's a list of the places that have had the biggest impact on me #seekerchallenge
- netanyas (Netanya Trimboli) Avoid touristy beaches and yucky public pools with these easy to get to, free or low cost places you can submerge in water, all within arm's reach to the nation's capital. These destinations are great for daytrips, especially if you have kids in tow.
- netanyas (Netanya Trimboli) For better or worse, these destinations were totally different than what I was expecting.
- netanyas (Netanya Trimboli) The best way to see the East Coast of the US is by train. It's quick, comfortable, and drops you off in the heart of the location your visiting. Although it's more expensive than the bus, it's way more reliable and that alone makes it worth it.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) We are so ready for trick-or-treating! Whether you dress up to scare, impress, or get some laughter Halloween is a time for *fun* and candy. These cities across the country feature some of the top-ranked trick-or-treat spots, brimming with neighborhoods that are known for taking Halloween as seriously as we do. With consideration to decorations, costume level, and overall candy satisfaction, consider these cities for a family Halloween getaway. From San Francisco to Philadelphia- let’s take a look at America’s most impressive trick-or-treat destinations.
- madeleineray (Madeleine Ray) It's a fresh new year and this is officially my travel vision board. Feeling nostalgic for times past in 2022 I want to revisit some of the most important places I have traveled in my lifetime, and maybe check off a few new bucket list items. From Tokyo to Vancouver, this is my entirely personal 2022 travel wishlist that is sure to be added onto frequently.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Nothing like taking a weekend away with your loved one for some quality time and fun- we have put together a little guide of some of the best destinations for a last-minute romantic vacay. From the old-timey, European atmosphere of Quebec City to the sandy shores of Laguna Beach, these destinations are not only gorgeous but blossoming with exciting activities for you and your honey. Let's escape the day-to-day and get lost in love and adventure at these downright gorgeous destinations throughout North America.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Have your best green outfit packed and ready to go because it's that time of the year again. Whether you are looking for emerald sparkles and non-stop partying or a more cozy Irish pub moment, we have got you covered. From the USA to Europe, we have picked out the best spots to celebrate one of the world's most beloved holidays. Neon green rivers, day-long festivals, parades, and parties included- let's take a look at our lucky list.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Pride never stops! From misty churches in Iceland to mouthwatering ice cream in NYC- here are some LGBTQ+ destinations that you can visit and experience Pride vibes 365 days a year. These queer safe spots around the globe offer a space of inclusivity and openness, where everyone can comfortably be themselves, learn, and grow.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Winter is here and we are already dreaming of our next big vacay to embrace the season, from charming, snowy getaways to sunshine and sandy shores- these are our top winter destinations. Whether your definition of winter fun is sunbathing on an island or twirling beneath twinkling snowflakes, this list truly has it all. Explore a rugged Caribbean island made up of colorful architecture, or cozy up by the fireplace in a ski resort, we are *so* ready to make the most of the season. So grab your swimsuit, or a big scarf- let’s dive in.
- netanyas (Netanya Trimboli) If you're visiting the DC area with kids and need to take a break from the museums to let them run around, check out this list.
District of Columbia Articles
- Read more...
One of the prettiest indicators that spring has sprung is when the blooms of sakura (cherry blossoms) burst into color. And luckily, you don’t have to fly all the way to Japan to enjoy what this cherry blossom festival season has to offer. From coast to coast, cities across America have planted the ornamental trees […]
- Read more...
Community and Blackness go hand-in-hand. Simply put, it’s not easy living in a world where your culture is constantly appropriated and commodified without credit. As a response, we’ve collectively begun carving out spaces of boldness and Blackness designed by us, for us. While joining Black travel groups and following inspiring Black travel bloggers bring us together, […]