Canada is often known as a welcoming place for people of all kinds of backgrounds, and this is definitely true for the LGBTQIA+ community. With a Prime Minister that is often found at the front of the Pride parades waving a transgender flag, this country sets a positive example of creating spaces that are safe for LGBTQIA+ folks, and Toronto is no exception. With its own official “Gay Village” between Church and Wellesley streets, this area has become a fixture for the Toronto city life.
Toronto is a wholesome destination in one of the safest and friendliest countries in the world- Canada. Stop by Toronto for *the most* publicized gay pride parade, with parties, markets, and everything needed to fill up a week worth of fun or, explore Toronto's Gay Village neighborhood for some cozy coffee or a night out on the town. Canada is an inclusive and diverse country and we recommend checking out all the major cities for any LGBTQ+ travelers- Montreal and Vancouver both have thriving LGBTQ+ scenes.
One of the top destinations to celebrate Pride in North America, Toronto attracts over a million visitors for one of the most highly publicized Pride parades in the world. Museums, galleries, restaurants, and businesses recognize the celebrations and put on special programs in this beautiful and welcoming city during the last week of June.
When: April 20th, 2021 Where: Nathan Phillips Square, Toronto, Canada The Toronto 420 Festival is an annual free event with a rad line up of speakers, bands, performers, and comedians. In addition to showing off local talent and entertainment, this fest “puts into action the democratic principles cherished by Torontonians in a show of support of Toronto’s cannabis culture.”
- Best Things To Do In Toronto Toronto, Canada is the shimmering heart and soul of the country, with a diverse mixture of culture that is evident through the extensive variety of cuisine and shopping available. One of the most exciting cities in North America, Toronto has something for everyone. Including idyllic islands, gleaming skyscrapers, victorian homes full of funky thrift shopping, and one of the largest aquariums in the world- this is my personal list of the best things to do in Toronto.
- Best Nanaimo Bars In Canada Crunchy, creamy, and coconutty- Canada’s special Nanaimo bars are little slices of heaven. Surprisingly hard to find outside of the country, I have been making it my mission to sample them during my stay here. A true Canadian classic that is actually a *no-bake* pastry, it rivals that of apple pie and brownies. Here are some highly voted Nanaimo bar destinations across the country, I have not been able to sample them all yet personally- so consider this more of a bucket list type collection of my personal, Canadian aspirations.
- Places I've Been
- LGBTQ+ Friendly Cities This year travel to destinations that embrace all with wide open arms and rainbow colors. Stroll along historic pathways in NYC at the birthplace of Pride or party all night long down under at Sydney's famous LGBTQ+ Mardi Gras celebration- the possibilities of LGBTQ+ travel are endless, colorful, and exciting. Whether you prefer more low-key activities like cozying up in a coffee shop or want to get lost in the sparkling nightlife culture of a new country, we have the place for you. With access to history, culture, and yes- parties, add these exciting destinations to your LGBTQ+ travel list.
- Top Recreational Marijuana Dispensaries Around the World We are constantly seeking out the most interesting and unique dispensary experience across the globe. The dispensary culture boom is huge in the US, but we are excitedly watching this trend spread far and wide. From traditional cannabis coffeeshops along the canals in Amsterdam to giant dispensaries in Las Vegas, we are proud to present this list of our top recreational marijuana dispensaries.
- Favorite things to do in Toronto
- World's Most Popular Destinations