Montreal takes gastronomy extremely seriously, home of fresh buttery bagels and uber greasy poutine- Montreal serves up comfort food in the best way possible. Along with endless amounts of delectable late-night snacks, Montreal has an incredibly diverse population that results in every cuisine imaginable being accessible in the city, along with plenty of high-quality French cooking that has stunned some of the most famous chefs across the globe.
Montreal has one of the most concentrated collections of visionary artists in North America. The eclectic city is lined with petite galleries to hop, immersive technological experiences, and massive art museums housing thousands of archival works. Explore one of the most unique and creative cities in the world, and embrace the cutting-edge art that seeps through the city streets.
Montreal is one of Canada’s most exciting cities, and don’t be afraid of any language barrier, as the city has been tailored to be a tourist-friendly destination. Montreal’s many neighborhoods each have something unique to offer, from the eclectic, youthful vibe of Le Plateau to the European essence radiating from the picturesque architecture of Old Montreal. Sit back this summer and take in the city's 'joie de vivre' at one of the plentiful outdoor terraces downtown, munch on authentic poutine, and laugh the delightfully warm night away.
Home of Poutine, fries covered in squishy cheese and gravy, and the center of art and culture in French Canada, Montreal is a slice of Europe tucked into North America. Canada is an extremely safe country to adventure alone, and while caution and street smarts are recommended, Montreal is one of the safer cities on the continent to explore solo. Montreal is incredibly walkable, with clean and dependable public transportation, and the majority of people are perfectly bilingual in both French and English. Enjoy the picturesque Old Port along with plentiful elegant boutiques and museums spread out throughout the dynamic city. We are big fans of both poutine and breakfast food- two things Montrealers take pride in, so be prepared for some hearty meals which will be easily walked off in your explorations of the charming city. We recommend Montreal for first-time solo travelers due to the vibrancy and friendliness the city provides.
Montreal has what every libra loves, a balance between two distinct aspects of the city. The old and new Montreal intertwine seamlessly, along with boutique shopping, a thriving art scene, and cozy cafes to daydream in. Montreal is a North American treasure that any libra would be thrilled to escape to for a dreamlike adventure.
Montreal has beautiful cobblestone streets, Christmas markets, and illuminations around the entire city to celebrate the season. The intersection of French culture with Anglo Canadian culture makes Montreal a truly unique experience. I imagine hiking up Mt. Royal in the winter and seeing the snowscape of the city makes for a charming and active activity for Christmas day.
Whenever possible, stay overnight. The food scene is insane, and the city is home to some of my favorite cozy cocktail bars in the world. But if you only have one day, take it and run. My favorite day trip is brunch and coffee at Tommy on St. Paul (get the avotoast) and an afternoon of R&R at Bota Bota. Pay for the 3-hour water circuit to enjoy 3 levels of hot tubs, saunas, cold pools and hammocks on a floating river spa boat. Distance from Burlington: 1.75 hours (passport needed).
- Best Nanaimo Bars In Canada Crunchy, creamy, and coconutty- Canada’s special Nanaimo bars are little slices of heaven. Surprisingly hard to find outside of the country, I have been making it my mission to sample them during my stay here. A true Canadian classic that is actually a *no-bake* pastry, it rivals that of apple pie and brownies. Here are some highly voted Nanaimo bar destinations across the country, I have not been able to sample them all yet personally- so consider this more of a bucket list type collection of my personal, Canadian aspirations.
- Best Cafes in Montreal's Old Port
- Must Visit Cities For Foodies The things we will do for food, wait in line for an hour, or travel thousands of miles - these destinations are the *top* of the top for serving up unforgettable culinary experiences that will be enough motivation to book a plane ticket. The cuisine is truly the beating heart of a city, sampling authentic dishes allows visitors to taste and understand both the culture and way of local life. Whether you want to munch on savory, fried street food in Osaka or dine at a romantic bistro in Paris, these foodie destinations are sure to make your mouth water.
- Best Travel Destinations for Art Lovers We know the importance of visual aesthetics when it comes to travel. From the iconic Louvre museum in Paris to the gallery-lined streets of Chelsea in NYC, we present our selection of top cities for artists and art lovers to thrive. Fill countless days in your itinerary with creativity-focused activities at these bucket-list-worthy destinations.
- Artsy Things To Do in Le Plateau & Mile End The neighboring Plateau and Mile End neighborhoods of Montreal Island are easily described as the artsiest and most eclectic, ideal for any travelers looking for some creative energy in their adventures. As someone currently staying in these flourishing areas, who is always on the lookout for new activities and exhibitions, these are currently some of the top bucket list artsy destinations between the two. Whether you want to gallery hop and see some contemporary work, spend the day lost in thrift stores, or pick up some moody 35mm film- these are the sights to see.
- Summer Vacation Spots Without The Beach Summer vacation is often described with pristine sandy beaches, salty ocean water, and the *constant* smell of sunscreen, well, if that's not your cup of tea then we have the list for you. While we are fans of beach life, we also love to step away from the seaside crowds and experience something new, from buzzing metropolitan cities at the center of culture and modern life to vast sandy deserts dripping in gorgeous hues of neon orange- there are a number of exciting summer adventures waiting for you, beach not included.
- Do Before I Die Destinations This is my big bucket list of places to see before I die. #seekerchallenge
- The Best Destinations for Solo Travellers Stuck trying to find inspo for your next solo adventure? Or are you brand new and looking to wet your feet? Don't worry seeker, we have you covered. Across the world, we have chosen our favorite destinations complete with safety, excellent public transportation, and endless activities to fill up a dynamic itinerary. Enjoy a cafe au lait along the Seine river in Paris or embrace solitude in the tranquil rainforests of Costa Rica, the opportunities are endless. Whether you would like to meet like-minded folks in an eclectic hostel and party the night away beachside or eat, pray, love yourself through a transformative escape into the culture of unexplored terrains, we have selected the top destinations for solo travelers around the world so that you can relax and finally start planning your adventure.
- top day trips from burlington, vt Perfect for visitors who have an extra day to kill and locals who need to skip town (hey college move-in week). I've lived in Burlington for 10 years, and these are my favorite day-trips between 40mins-2 hours of BTV. From hikes and trails to breweries and swimming holes, here are my 10 favorite escapes.
- cozy european-style cities in north america
- Best Travel Destinations for Libras Libras are always seeking balance in everything that they do. Being such indecisive individuals as they are, I decided to step in as a travel-obsessed libra who is always seeking the best spots for like-minded folks. So, if you're seeking aesthetics, art, culture, and a touch of chaos- here are my top libra-approved travel destinations to narrow down your options a little more.
- You Can Find Me Here Once Covid Is Over Here is a list of places I would like to visit once the pandemic will be long gone.
- The best cities for singles who are ready to mingle Feelin' flirty yet? Not only are these cities home to bustling social scenes, they're also filled with sexy people. Cheers to that.
- Where to Spend Winter in a Christmas Card All around the world are picturesque winter escapes for a magical Christmas. I have always dreamed of waking up in a real-life snow globe on Christmas morning, and in case you have also, here is my bucket list of places to spend the season as though you are living in a Christmas card. #seekerchallenge
- World's Most Popular Destinations