Tips from the community
seeker 3 years ago
seeker 8 months ago
- seeker (Seeker Editors) From massive copper sculptures to French-Renaissance Chateaus, Portland's history is a lengthy and creative one- with plenty to uncover. Walk the country's first-ever pedestrian-centered bridge, geek out over old engineering, or spend the afternoon sipping fresh Matcha in a traditional Japanese tea garden- we weren't joking when we said Portland has it all.
- madeleineray (Madeleine Ray) The feminist bookshop with two quirky owners? The Mayor's headquarters where so many shenanigans took place? If you are as big a fan of Portlandia as I am, I promise this list will give you some major nostalgia. Portlandia managed to capture the artsy, off-beat creativity that makes up this unique city, and if you head to any of these iconic spots, I guarantee you will feel like you just stepped into a skit (in the best way possible.)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Portland's food scene is an eclectic mixture of culture, tradition, and flavor, a collection of some of the nation's most delicious dishes with creative twists. These spots throughout the city make up just a few of the most iconic restaurants to visit while in town, from the legendary Voodoo Doughnuts to the ever so creative Eem. Calling all foodies- this one is for you.
- jajajames (James Knowlton) A list for dogs and their humans. Portland has the nation’s highest dog park per capita with a total of 33 in the city! This list will have some of those, as well as eateries, and other outings for you and your furry friend.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) From Norweigian-French fusion to Middle Eastern cuisine with a twist, with every form of comfort food mixed in between, these trendy destinations throughout the city are sure to wet your palette. Portland has something for everyone- brunch isn't just mimosas and pancakes but an entire experience of fun and flavor (and interior decoration). Whether you're craving a freshly baked Belgian waffle, a fruity cocktail, or something you have never tried before- dig into our picks for the best brunch spots of Portland.
- rileyroberson (Riley Roberson) What makes a brewery good? The selection? The specific types of beer? The garage door that is inevitably at every single one? It's pretty subjective. The best brewery is ultimately the one that is best to you, so here are some great options for you to choose from.
- rileyroberson (Riley Roberson) If a city is by good hiking, my wife and I typically like to spend a whole day out going through trails. Portland is an incredible place to spend 75 percent urban and 25 percent hiking (or the other way around, if you really really hike). This list should feature options for short, medium, and long hikes, so you'll have plenty to choose from.
- leah (Leah Fishman) vegan eats in maine
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Whether you want to take a bite of the big apple or head to the west coast for fine wine and fresh sourdough- we have you covered. The neverending patchwork of creativity and fine dining that sweeps over the nation may be overwhelming as you plan out your next big foodie adventure in the US, but we have put together a roadmap of some of our favorite spots. Some that are worth the hype, and some hidden gems, let’s dig in (literally) to the best foodie destinations across the country.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) From urban metropolises to small-town comfort, we have selected some of our top picks for fall travel this season. Head west to San Francisco and enjoy a tinge of warm weather with fresh sourdough and delectable produce, head east to Bar Harbor for gorgeous foliage and stargazing. These cozy destinations are sure to deliver enchantment, wonder, crispy leaves, and delicious hot cocoa- our recipe for a great fall vacay.
- travelwelldunn (Bryana Dunn) From starting point Maine, to New Hampshire, Vermont, & Boston! Here are some places and finds you should stop to complete your journey. Fall leaves, crisp air, nothing like a New England Fall.
- littlecharliemonster08 (H H)
- stillontheroad (Giada Matera) Here is a list of places I would like to visit once the pandemic will be long gone.
- jajajames (James Knowlton) With almost 8 months of gray, Summer is a much awaited respite from the gloom. Portlanders certainly will let you know, the Winter's may be hard, but the Summers make it all worth it.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Calling all beer lovers. If you're on the hunt for a new city to explore, why not choose one with a vibrant craft beer scene? From the West Coast to the East, there are plenty of cities in America that are known for their amazing breweries and delicious beers. To help you plan your next beer-themed vacation, we've put together a list of the top 18 cities for beer lovers in the US. Whether you prefer hoppy IPAs or smooth stouts, there's a city on this list that's sure to satisfy your taste buds. So grab a pint and let's dive into the best beer cities in the US!
- camillem1998 (Camille Moinier)
- camillem1998 (Camille Moinier)
- nicolejordan (Nicole Jordan)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Explore cosmopolitan San Francisco, relax along the coast of crystal clear turquoise waters in Florida, or discover the thriving art scene of historical Burlington, your vacation dreams are ready to be brought to life. Whether you are planning a weekend getaway or a month-long excursion, we have selected our top destinations in the US. These locations offer great weather, plenty of activities, family-friendly options, and picturesque scenery, so get ready- this summer is about to be awesome.
- Read more...
There’s simply no denying the fact that 2020 threw us all for a loop. The COVID-19 pandemic wreaked havoc on life as we know it, putting all of our plans on pause for the foreseeable future. Although the boredom and loneliness of quarantine may have gotten to you, your wallet is likely thanking you for […]
- Read more...
Recreational marijuana has seen exponential growth and acceptance since Colorado first passed Colorado Amendment 64 nearly a decade ago, legalizing recreational use for adults 21 and over. Since that big day, other states have followed suit, falling like dominos in their efforts to legalize and commercialize recreational marijuana use. Today, over 36 states have legalized […]