Singapore is renowned throughout Asia for featuring some of the most delicious food at the intersection of culture. With a combination of Chinese, Malaysian, and British influence, Singapore serves up unique dishes to satisfy any palette. From classic street food in bustling markets to high-end culinary experiences, Singapore cuisine is sure to keep foodies busy and satisfied.
I haven’t been to Singapore yet but it’s always called to me and remained higher up on my list. During the pandemic, I naturally planned a dozen of future trip itineraries (several based around Asia) and each time I aimed to see if Singapore could be hit as a pre-stop. There’s at least sixty places currently on my bucket-list and I hope Singapore is the next spot I check-off.
Average flight time 3 hrs 42 mins
One of my favorite places in Southeast Asia! This high-tech city is modern and stunning. It's one of the more expensive countries in the region, but the hawker centers are full of tasty and affordable meals.
Singapore is unique in that it is both a city and a country, and has established itself as one of the most futuristic cities on the planet. Full of once-in-a-lifetime experiences, delicious food from the diverse cultural landscape, and sprawling lush botanical gardens- there is something for everyone at this destination. Soak in the world-famous infinity pool at marina bay sands and try traditional street foods that beat any 5-star restaurant in the traditional markets.
If you are looking to enjoy eco-friendly activities in the center of a lush metropolis, look no further than the futuristic country of Singapore. Deemed as one of the most environmentally friendly destinations on the planet, Singapore is pioneering eco-conscious cities and has one of the largest sprawling botanical gardens on the planet.
You might want to ring fence a little of the budget for this one: Southeast Asia backpackers have been known to survive on budget Singapore street food (plus a fair share of insta-noodles and 7/11 mashed potatoes) in these parts. And it’s true, the prices crank skywards in this modern megalopolis. It’s a banking and business hub with some of the cleanest streets and the coolest airport on the globe. Still, a couple of days is all it should take to explore the curious mismatch of districts. There’s Chinatown, lit by red lanterns and sizzling with soy-doused noodles. There’s Little India, where Keralan thali meals are served on banana leaves. Oh, and don’t miss the Marina Bay, with its futuristic Supertrees and skyscrapers.
- Must Visit Cities For Foodies The things we will do for food, wait in line for an hour, or travel thousands of miles - these destinations are the *top* of the top for serving up unforgettable culinary experiences that will be enough motivation to book a plane ticket. The cuisine is truly the beating heart of a city, sampling authentic dishes allows visitors to taste and understand both the culture and way of local life. Whether you want to munch on savory, fried street food in Osaka or dine at a romantic bistro in Paris, these foodie destinations are sure to make your mouth water.
- 11 Ice-breaker stories about places I've been One of the coolest things about being a Seeker Ambassador is participating in the weekly #seekerchallenge that gets me tripping back in my memory (and in my photos) of the many places and experiences I've been a part of on this awesome planet. This one in particular is a fun one!
- The NeverEnding Bucket List I love making sure things are firmly written down to put them in action! I want to do all these and More! Have you done any of these? I’ll continuously add when I complete something! Let’s go!
- If A List of Places Could Define Me, This Would Be It I have never introduced myself without mentioning my love for travel or providing a run-down of places on my bucket-list, so I couldn’t think of a better way to introduce myself to Seeker. #seekerchallenge
- Cheap Flights From the Philippines Philippines is an archipelago in Southeast Asia and so the best way to and from here is through air travel. Here are some destinations in our neighboring countries you can get for cheap. (Especially during seat sales of local airlines). Note: International travel in my part of the world is still restricted but I can still dream and plan for the future. With the vaccine roll out already in progress, I'm optimistic that the time for travel is already in sight. Always check with local travel guidelines. Travel safely and responsibly. Flight durations are from SkyScanner.
- Places I've Been
- Capital Cities in Asia Explore beneath the glittering pink lights of Beijing, hop on a plane to the bustling metropolis of Seoul, discover sandy coastline cities and wander ancient temples of civilizations past- we present our collection of capital cities in Asia. Asia is a massive continent deeply rich in history with diverse cultures, these awe-inspiring destinations are sure to be future backdrops of life-changing adventures to come.
- Travel & Leisure's 50 Best Places to Travel These breathtaking destinations selected by Travel & Leisure are on the top of bucket lists worldwide. From the gorgeous tropical landscape of Costa Rica to the modern metropolis of Beijing, this list encompasses the vast sceneries and experiences that our planet has to offer. Explore with us seekers, the 50 best places to travel as chosen by the experts at Travel & Leisure.
- Forbes' Top 50 in Travel Across all continents, Forbes has selected their pick for the top 50 travel destinations. Explore the gorgeous hues of Jaipur or the bustling neon glow of Seoul, relax beachside after partying all night in Ibiza or try on eclectic Harajuku fashion in Tokyo. Across our planet there is so much to see and discover, so come on seekers as we explore this awe-inspiring list of destinations.
- Coolest Things To Do in Asia Asia has no limit on life-changing experiences and gorgeous views, no matter where you travel in the vast continent. From the natural healing properties of the Dead Sea to the lush botanical gardens of Singapore, Asia is full of culturally rich treasures and well-preserved temples and shrines that you can see first hand. Throughout our travels in Asia, we have put together a list of some of the most awe-inspiring experiences, including climbing to the top of Mount Fuji and taking in the vibrant market square of Kathmandu, this list is full of the coolest experiences across the board so that you are ready for your next big vacay.
- Eco-Friendly Travel Destinations Geothermal hot springs, vast biodiversity, rocky coastlines, eco-friendly architecture, and more- these gorgeous destinations are dedicated to protecting their natural beauty. Explore our picks for the best green destinations around the world, from the jungles of Indonesia to the unique wildlife of Ecuador, and discover how people across the world are working together to create a sustainable future.
- Top Destinations Around the World In case you need inspo for your next big vacay we put together a list of the most popular and iconic tourist destinations around the world. Including the lush streets of Singapore, the ancient ruins in Athens, the always sunny paradise of Miami, and everything you can imagine in between. As professional travelers, we know that these destinations are sure to provide whatever it is you seek in your excursions.
- Places I want to visit before I die
- Countries My list of visited countries (broadly defined)
- World's Most Popular Destinations
- Countries Of The World