The LA 1984 games were a triumphant occasion that paved a pathway for all future summer Olympic games. LA is a city rich in history and culture, that has a vibrant population and plenty of tasty eats, exciting sights, and stunning views. Plenty traveled from around the world to experience the glamor and effervescence uniquely offered by the eclectic neighborhoods of LA, while some of the most influential Olympic games took place in modern history.
4 - los angeles to see the homies
I'm a screenwriter, so the colorful, bustling city of LA is right up my alley
- City of Stars by Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone (from "La La Land") - La La Land by Demi Lovato - Los Angeles by X - California Dreamin' by The Mamas & The Papas - Welcome To The Jungle by Guns N' Roses
Each year on May 5th, Los Angeles hosts Fiesta Broadway: the largest Cinco de Mayo festival in the world. From sun up to sun down, expect to dance to mariachi bands, eat authentic street food, and thrill-seek on crazy carnival rides. If you’re interested in learning more about the history and culture behind the holiday, head to the Museum of Latin American Art or the traditional Mexican Marketplace on Olvera Street: the “birthplace of Los Angeles.”
Each year on May 5th, Los Angeles hosts Fiesta Broadway: the largest Cinco de Mayo festival in the world. From sun up to sun down, expect mariachi bands, authentic street food, and wild carnival rides. If you’re interested in learning more about the history and culture behind the holiday, head to the Museum of Latin American Art or the traditional Mexican Marketplace on Olvera Street: the “birthplace of Los Angeles.”
Los Angeles is at the center of Mexican culture in the USA, boasting one of the largest Mexican-American populations in the country. Along with plenty of mariachi performances, flavorful authentic cuisine, live festivals across the city, and themed events, LA makes for one of the best destinations to party the week away. This world-famous city sparkles on Cinco de Mayo, with huge parades and festivities as well as more off-the-beaten-path options. Try a Hollywood pub crawl, you are in the city of stars after all, and spend your weekend dancing at one of the countless live music events, LA is where the fiesta is at.
Los Angeles Map
Los Angeles Lists
- Last 10 Cities That Hosted The Summer Olympics We took a little trip down memory lane and *virtually* visited the 10 most recent Summer Olympic Games host cities. Check out how each city celebrated the occasion, and consider adding these exciting destinations to your bucket list. The Olympics have long been an international celebration dedicated to promoting travel and connection between countries far and wide, and with the current games underway, get in the spirit and let's take a look at these iconic, historical destinations.
- My Favorite Italian Restaurants in California
- Around the world in ??? days I'm in the midst of (very slowly) flying a giant circle around the world. This is where I've been, and where I hope to go before ending back up where I started. WORK IN PROGRESS
- If A Place Could Define Me... I find pieces of myself wherever I travel! Here's a list of the places that have had the biggest impact on me #seekerchallenge
- Places I've Been
- Places about Songs...NO, Songs about Places I love music. I listen to it every moment I can, so I decided to make a list about Places mentioned in songs. YOU are more than welcome to help out with this list, since there are a lot of songs out there! ♥️
- The Best Cinco de Mayo Celebrations Cinco de Mayo marks the historic win of the Mexican army against the French way back in 1862, and the party hasn't stopped since. Pitchers of refreshing beverages underneath sunny skies, endless plates of fresh tacos and tortilla chips, mariachi bands, and we're just getting started. While Cinco de Mayo is an important holiday in Mexico, the parties in the US are some of the flashiest across the globe. Enjoy vibrant Mexican culture which is an integral piece of the fabric of the United States. Dance the day away in top US destinations such as San Antonio or Los Angeles, or experience a more historical perspective at the birthplace of the holiday in Pueblo, Mexico. Here are some of our favorite spots to hit during early May to enjoy mouthwatering food, and amazing parties that last the whole week.
- Forbes' Top 50 in Travel Across all continents, Forbes has selected their pick for the top 50 travel destinations. Explore the gorgeous hues of Jaipur or the bustling neon glow of Seoul, relax beachside after partying all night in Ibiza or try on eclectic Harajuku fashion in Tokyo. Across our planet there is so much to see and discover, so come on seekers as we explore this awe-inspiring list of destinations.
- Top Destinations Around the World In case you need inspo for your next big vacay we put together a list of the most popular and iconic tourist destinations around the world. Including the lush streets of Singapore, the ancient ruins in Athens, the always sunny paradise of Miami, and everything you can imagine in between. As professional travelers, we know that these destinations are sure to provide whatever it is you seek in your excursions.
- Top U.S Cities For Cannabis-Friendly Vacations Since 2012 countless states have legalized recreational marijuana use, with surely more to come in the future. As of 2021 here are our top picks for 420 tourist destinations with weed-friendly cafes, growing equipment stores, and an open-minded community. Enjoy laughing and eating amazing food while enjoying professionally hand-rolled joints with your friends, or for a chill afternoon by yourself in these top cannabis tourist destinations. From California to Vermont there is a place for you to unwind and get high across the nation.
- West Coast Road Trip
- World's Most Popular Destinations