Portugal Porto District Porto
Tips from the community
Porto is an artsy getaway to embrace a temperate climate, balmy days, and beautiful culture. Portugal is known for food- any foodies are sure to enjoy a seemingly endless array of mouthwatering choices along the winding pathways of Porto, from an afternoon sweet to a decadent dinner to top off a day of exploration. Festivities in the streets, a sense of wonder, and endless natural beauty- Porto is easily one of the dreamiest places to spend an idyllic spring holiday.
seeker 2 years ago
- chantelloura (Chantel Loura) Porto, a divine blend of historic grandeur mixed with a trendy, hip, young scene. A city where the arts are celebrated and creative boundaries are pushed to new limits. Here you can be treated to Portuguese hospitality first hand and have each of your senses satisfied while exploring the scenic views this hilltop city provides.
- loulianavoelker (Louliana Voelker) Europe is a lovely country to visit, especially with one you love. These are perfect getaways for couples in general but especially during Valentine's Day. This way you get to explore the beauty of the continent while spending special quality time with your partner.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) As fall drifts through the trees and transforms emerald into gold, these destinations continuously serve up delectable wine against picturesque autumnal backdrops. Enjoy temperate climates with gorgeous scenery, mouthwatering wine, and delicious cuisine at these idyllic getaways. Whether you dream of stepping into a European fairytale or sprawls of untouched land in the Pacific Northwest, these locations are steeped in charm and ready to provide some tasty drinks for the coziest time of year.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) European summer adventures come in the form of seaside colorful fishing villages and medieval castles with obligatory winding roads of cobblestone to uncover your next adventure. In this list, we have included some of our favorite European summer getaway spots- destinations perfect for a weekend trip or a month-long journey. Whether you seek outdoorsy activities or relaxing in a perfect sunny climate along the shore, this summer we have you covered.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) For a rainy day hideaway and buying new reading material or simply a place to unwind after exploring a new city, discovering a new bookstore is like finding treasure. We love visiting unique book stores during our travels and have selected some of the coolest bookstores on the planet, known for their atmosphere, tasty treats, and impeccable selection of books to get lost in. Enjoy this list of the absolute coolest bookstores in the world, from book-themed hotels to historical landmarks.
- bookedbyiman (Iman Childs) My spin on a travel bucketlist! From visiting Vanuatu to attending all 4 tennis Grand Slams, these are the places and unique experiences I'd love to see during my travels.
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Throughout the vast continent of Europe, there are endless adventures to uncover. Here is a collection of the most awe-inspiring World Heritage sites across Europe, including mesmerizing landmarks, bustling cities, and gorgeous natural landscapes. Uncover some of the most mysterious and beautiful travel destinations on the planet with this bucket-list-worthy selection.
- theglobetrottingfamily (Christine Kim)
- pennypinchingglobetrotter (Melissa Nance) Where we hope to go this summer!
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Spring means flowers, green fields, comforting food, and celebration- and where better to enjoy the new season than the diverse continent of Europe. Historic cities, spring festivals, and pastel-painted cottages, all beneath dewy spring sunlight, these cities and regions are famed for impeccable springtime beauty and festivities. Whether you will be enjoying afternoon tea and scones in the British countryside or dancing the night away in a Spanish city, these are our top choices for spring destinations in Europe.