- michele (Michele Humeston) Fringe Festivals are arts festivals- focussed on theatre but often involving many art forms- that seek to give a platform to independent, experimental, and alternative artists that otherwise exist on the “fringes” of the professional art world.
- michele (Michele Humeston)
- briari (Briona Lamback) London is a big city full of all the things that we love most about the world’s best concrete jungles: great food, historic pubs, diverse nightlife, rooftop bars, and a thriving arts scene. If you want it, London’s got it. But while the Big Smoke has something for literally everyone, it does lack beaches, a quaintness, and the kind of charm that only a small town can afford. If you’re looking to make a quick getaway, all of the places on this list are within a two-hour journey from London (and can be explored solo). Here are the 7 best day trips from London.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Fall is a season coated in magic, from the transformation of nature in front of our eyes to the cool air settling in with chances to connect with our loved ones- cozy in a blanket and with a hot chocolate in hand. We are all about living our fairytale dreams, and these magical European destinations are sure to sweep you off your feet! From the glittering city of Prague to the enchanting countryside of Provence, this selection is what dreams are made of.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Deck the hotel halls- who says spending the holidays away from home can't be *amazing*?! We are big fans of destination winter fun, and these hotels all tucked away in some of Europe's most charming cities are sure to do the trick for your fairytale getaway. From a quaint lodge in Ireland brimming with cheer to an elegant hotel in Paris minutes away from the joie de vivre of the city, we guarantee a jolly time. These destinations take the holidays *seriously* so we recommend being prepared for a magical experience. Happy Holidays seekers!
- seeker (Seeker Editors) From the catacombs of Paris to islands full of ghosts- this list is our spookiest one yet! We put together a chilling collection of our favorite haunted destinations, medieval castles with grim histories, underground tunnels lined with human bones, and quaint hotels in the Swedish countryside- your favorite horror film is just a plane ride away. So grab a cup of tea, a night light, and sink your teeth into these terrifyingly haunted destinations across the planet.
- mustangdmv (Danielle Call) With the new year approaching, I find myself planning more and more trips. This list is hopefully going to narrow down my choices for vacations in Europe to celebrate New Years Eve next year!
- michele (Michele Humeston) Pop a Claritin and follow me on a journey through the worlds most beautiful gardens.
- steve (Steven Rabkin) These expertly-conserved medieval fortresses act as time machines for anyone who visits. Whether you are seeking ghostly encounters in the British countryside or an elaborate palace in the city of Budapest, here are some of the most fascinating medieval castles with rich and mysterious history from around the world.
- ste.divita (Stefania Di Vita)
- jasmineagbhow (Jasmine Caceres) One day when I have three weeks to spare, I’m heading to Scotland to live out my Outlander dreams.
- LilliSmith (Lilli Smith)
- susanpazera (Susan Pazera)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Cold weather travel is a delight that often gets overlooked. Here at Seeker. we love cozying up by the fireplace in a snow-covered cottage, exploring the gorgeous pearly views of icy tundra, and walking through an impeccably-decorated Manhattan pretending we are starring in our very own Lifetime holiday film. We selected some of the most dreamy and wintery destinations around the world. How many have you been to?
- emily (Emily McDonnell)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Everyone has a fantasy of pushing a bookcase to uncover a hidden world. Speakeasies are our childhood dreams true — with some fancy cocktails included. We chose these destinations based on the ambiance created through moody lighting and carefully chosen interior design, the quality of the beverages and dishes served, and, naturally, the exclusivity provided by how well hidden they are. Follow us, Seekers, as we explore the world's best-kept secrets.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Across all continents, Forbes has selected their pick for the top 50 travel destinations. Explore the gorgeous hues of Jaipur or the bustling neon glow of Seoul, relax beachside after partying all night in Ibiza or try on eclectic Harajuku fashion in Tokyo. Across our planet there is so much to see and discover, so come on seekers as we explore this awe-inspiring list of destinations.
- stillontheroad (Giada Matera)
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) These monumental locations have maintained their status as bucket list-worthy travel destinations. Whether it's the iconic Hollywood sign that transports you into a movie or the mysterious structure of Stonehenge that has puzzled historians for centuries, these landmarks are distinguished in how they have influenced culture across the globe. Inspiring natural wonders, conspiracy-inducing formations, and outright stunning achievements of humanity: enjoy our seeker-approved list of the world's most famous landmarks..
- Read more...
The UK has bad rap for being stuffy and overly serious. But UK culture isn’t just confined to tea, royal weddings, and crumpets (thank goodness). Fantastic, fun, and totally bizarre, the UK’s weirdo festivals are at the heart of its history and culture. They’ll mostly amaze and charm you. Sometimes they’ll totally confuse you. But […]