Tips from the community
seeker 2 years ago
- jasmineagbhow (Jasmine Caceres) One day when I have three weeks to spare, I’m heading to Scotland to live out my Outlander dreams.
- meandering_wild (Suzanne E) My second home and a place to unwind
- sksonu265 (Saurabh kushawaha)
- meandering_wild (Suzanne E)
- stufu81 (Stephanie Milazzo) These are places that I am scheduled to travel to in the next year. Would love some recommendations.
- michele (Michele Humeston) Fringe Festivals are arts festivals- focussed on theatre but often involving many art forms- that seek to give a platform to independent, experimental, and alternative artists that otherwise exist on the “fringes” of the professional art world.
- meandering_wild (Suzanne E)
- michele (Michele Humeston)
- briari (Briona Lamback) London is a big city full of all the things that we love most about the world’s best concrete jungles: great food, historic pubs, diverse nightlife, rooftop bars, and a thriving arts scene. If you want it, London’s got it. But while the Big Smoke has something for literally everyone, it does lack beaches, a quaintness, and the kind of charm that only a small town can afford. If you’re looking to make a quick getaway, all of the places on this list are within a two-hour journey from London (and can be explored solo). Here are the 7 best day trips from London.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Fall is a season coated in magic, from the transformation of nature in front of our eyes to the cool air settling in with chances to connect with our loved ones- cozy in a blanket and with a hot chocolate in hand. We are all about living our fairytale dreams, and these magical European destinations are sure to sweep you off your feet! From the glittering city of Prague to the enchanting countryside of Provence, this selection is what dreams are made of.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Deck the hotel halls- who says spending the holidays away from home can't be *amazing*?! We are big fans of destination winter fun, and these hotels all tucked away in some of Europe's most charming cities are sure to do the trick for your fairytale getaway. From a quaint lodge in Ireland brimming with cheer to an elegant hotel in Paris minutes away from the joie de vivre of the city, we guarantee a jolly time. These destinations take the holidays *seriously* so we recommend being prepared for a magical experience. Happy Holidays seekers!
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Our favorite is taking your suitcase on a roll down your street to attract plenty of travel in the new year- something we are officially incorporating into our own yearly celebrations. There is literally no wrong way to celebrate this fresh start, and these are certainly some fun ways. We decided to commemorate the new year by taking a look at some truly fun, quirky, and fascinating traditions across the globe, all said to bring good fortune, love, and happiness in the new year. Let's jump in Happy New Year from Seeker!
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Have your best green outfit packed and ready to go because it's that time of the year again. Whether you are looking for emerald sparkles and non-stop partying or a more cozy Irish pub moment, we have got you covered. From the USA to Europe, we have picked out the best spots to celebrate one of the world's most beloved holidays. Neon green rivers, day-long festivals, parades, and parties included- let's take a look at our lucky list.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Spring is here! We are already planning our next aesthetic getaway to the most adorable, pastel-painted destinations across the planet. These vibrantly colored spots not only represent the vibe of the season but have fun activities, cozy cafes, coastal views, and (very importantly) photo-op-worthy locations. Touring a hidden Scottish village or strolling down a canal in France, nothing elevates a vacay like a pale-hued rainbow of pinks, yellows, blues, and more.
- susanpazera (Susan Pazera)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) When we think of a European holiday we can imagine sparkling metropolises and fairytale castles, but the endless supply of outdoorsy activities throughout the continent is currently what’s on our mind. Whether you want to pilot reindeer through the arctic circle or tour fishing villages along the Italian coast, we have selected a variety of experiences that are sure to excite any adventurers looking for a European getaway.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) From the catacombs of Paris to islands full of ghosts- this list is our spookiest one yet! We put together a chilling collection of our favorite haunted destinations, medieval castles with grim histories, underground tunnels lined with human bones, and quaint hotels in the Swedish countryside- your favorite horror film is just a plane ride away. So grab a cup of tea, a night light, and sink your teeth into these terrifyingly haunted destinations across the planet.
- mustangdmv (Danielle Call) With the new year approaching, I find myself planning more and more trips. This list is hopefully going to narrow down my choices for vacations in Europe to celebrate New Years Eve next year!
- pennypinchingglobetrotter (Melissa Nance) Where we hope to go this summer!
- michele (Michele Humeston) Pop a Claritin and follow me on a journey through the worlds most beautiful gardens.
- Read more...
The UK has bad rap for being stuffy and overly serious. But UK culture isn’t just confined to tea, royal weddings, and crumpets (thank goodness). Fantastic, fun, and totally bizarre, the UK’s weirdo festivals are at the heart of its history and culture. They’ll mostly amaze and charm you. Sometimes they’ll totally confuse you. But […]