Threw my coin in going back one day
Drinking a glass of water from the Fontana di Trevi was originally thought to lead to fortune and a fast return to Rome, but the legend has evolved to tossing a coin for a speedy return to the Eternal City.
This fountain is even more beautiful in person than it is on pictures. As with most monuments in Rome, there are lots of people around it so it may be difficult to get the best picture but people come and go throughout the day so if you are patient, you will get a great photo.
Possibly the most photographed fountain in the world and one of Rome’s number one attractions. It’s a romantic spot and tailor made for the perfect photo with your loved one. Don’t forget to throw a coin into the fountain, legend has it that once you throw a coin in you will return to this magical city. Over $4000 is cast into the fountain each day which all goes to charity.
Trevi Fountain Map
Trevi Fountain Lists
- Places I've Been
- Landmarks I loved
- The Most Famous Landmarks Around the World These monumental locations have maintained their status as bucket list-worthy travel destinations. Whether it's the iconic Hollywood sign that transports you into a movie or the mysterious structure of Stonehenge that has puzzled historians for centuries, these landmarks are distinguished in how they have influenced culture across the globe. Inspiring natural wonders, conspiracy-inducing formations, and outright stunning achievements of humanity: enjoy our seeker-approved list of the world's most famous landmarks..
- Where #VoyageDiva Has Traveled - Outside the US The places Lauren Mack has explored outside the U.S.
- Most famous landmarks around the world
- A Day in Rome My trip to Rome was amazing. I remember having so many things that I wanted to do and see. From the best food, to the most beautiful monuments, these are tips for the perfect day in Rome.
- 15 Best Instagrammable spots in Rome I was trying to think of a more Instagrammable city than Rome and I came to the conclusion that it’s impossible. The food, the history and the architecture all combine to make sure you’ll have tons of snaps for the ‘gram’ after a trip to Rome.