Tips from the community
travelwelldunn 3 years ago
seeker 8 months ago
laurenmack 3 years ago
North Carolina Lists
- katie (Katie Camille) If you're visiting Charlotte, you likely will stay in the Uptown area as that's where most of the hotels are. Uptown is a great starting point to see what Charlotte has to offer. I recommend walking on a cooler day, the heat down here is no joke but makes a good excuse for ice cream!
- katie (Katie Camille)
- unrulytraveller (Calen Otto) While Asheville, NC becomes a bigger tourist destinations, big businesses are on the prowl and threaten to take over. When in town, be sure to visit these 9 amazing businesses instead!
- katie (Katie Camille) Charlotte is quickly growing and so many new restaurants are popping up in the next few months, so I'll keep this list updated as I eat my way through my new city
- katie (Katie Camille) The weather is finally getting cooler and that calls for cozy fires, hot toddies, and holiday cheer. Check out some of my favorite heated spaces around the city that give off holiday vibes.
- katie (Katie Camille)
- unrulytraveller (Calen Otto) Asheville, NC is a wonderful place. People travel from all over to see the pristine wilderness, hike, and hit breweries. But Asheville has community roots that run deep, and is a queer & vegan friendly spot. Learn more: https://wanderwoman.online/index.php/2022/08/05/queer-asheville-guide/
- katie (Katie Camille) Charlotte has to be one of the most dog friendly places I've seen/lived in! With that comes lots of dog friendly places to bring your pup, and great dog watching opportunities. In general, most breweries in Charlotte are dog friendly, but call ahead to double check before you go! In case you didn't know, August 26th is Dog Appreciation Day so head to your favorite spot with your pup and show them some extra love.
- katie (Katie Camille) Though it might not feel like the fall weather that I'm used to, I'm trying to get those cozy fall vibes any way I can! These farms are all offering pumpkin picking and are located within an hour distance from Charlotte.
- katie (Katie Camille) Asheville has been on my bucket list of places to see since I moved to Charlotte. 2022 is the year I make it happen!
- leah (Leah Fishman) Tucked in the rolling hills and towering peaks of the Great Smoky Mountains, a world of natural wonder and adventure awaits those seeking a serene escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. From rustic cabins to sprawling campgrounds, Great Smoky Mountains National Park is home to some of the most breathtaking landscapes in the country and offers a unique and unforgettable experience for visitors looking to reconnect with nature and soak up the beauty of the great outdoors. Discover the best campgrounds and cabins near Great Smoky Mountains National Park, where memories are made and nature’s symphony can be heard in every rustle of leaves and babbling of streams.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) We are dreaming of white sandy shores and clear blue waters, lush nature, and fresh air- and we think you should be too. Take a look at some of our beautiful planet’s most idyllic getaway spots, far from any stress, and full of culture, cuisine, and unreal scenery. From untouched shorelines hidden by coves in Portugal to off-the-beaten-path islands in Southeast Asia, these dreamy beaches are some of our favorite destinations for getting in touch with the tranquility of nature- and some much-needed Vitamin D.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Cozied up in a restaurant along the Oregon Trail, waking up to see rocky canons in the distance, or relaxing along an Island coast- these hidden gems have *so* much to offer. Traveling to major cities is fun and all but sometimes we just want to take a few steps off the beaten path and uncover a new perspective. These small towns from the west to the east coast (and beyond) have everything you need for an idyllic weekend getaway, so let's check out some of America's most charming small towns that have *big* travel potential.
- emperoress1 (Anita Wun) short vacation but worth it
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Because we believe that art is for everyone (!) Nothing transforms a cityscape like a massive red abstract work of art clashing against a cloudy sky, or a vibrantly colored mural popping out behind abandoned train tracks. These destinations are famed for their lengthy collection of public artwork, from wine country estates in California decorated in International sculptures to Greensboro painted in every color across every wall of prominence. These are some of the most incredible public art hotspots throughout the country, so grab your best camera and let's go art hunting!
- crazylynch1427 (Maggie Lynch) Best places to get good exercise in the woods above the clouds and with the dogs.
- katie (Katie Camille) Running list of things I've done and plan to do in Charlotte! I have a bunch of friends visiting this summer so we've been trying to find the best activities!
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Looking for the best dog-friendly beaches in the US? You're in luck! Whether you're planning a day trip or a week-long vacation, there are plenty of options to choose from. From the rugged coastlines of Oregon to the warm waters of Florida, these top dog-friendly beaches offer something for every pup and their owner. So grab your beach gear, pack some treats for your furry friend, and get ready to explore the best dog-friendly beaches across the US.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) These hotels are setting an example for the future of sustainable development in luxury hospitality through pioneering eco-friendly initiatives, using green technology, and investing in the local community. To keep your carbon footprint down while experiencing the unique cultures around the world, check out these eco-friendly hotels which will provide you a chance to truly interact and contribute to the beautiful destinations you are visiting. From the pristine coastline of Bali, Indonesia to the vast natural landscape of the pacific northwest- green initiatives are growing throughout the planet, let's take a look at some of the coolest eco-friendly destinations to truly indulge in nature.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Humans have always had a deep curiosity for the world beyond, from the invention of airplanes to landing a rover on Mars. Our discoveries are forever preserved in Planetariums that provide in-depth views into outer space. From digitalized visual productions of the galaxy shown in all of its milky colors to exhibitions detailing our astronomical achievements, planetariums make for a fascinating activity. From our travels, we have chosen some of the most spectacular planetariums with the most stunning visuals for all the future astronauts, space enthusiasts, and curious individuals seeking to explore the sparkling sky.
North Carolina Articles
- Read more...
Europe isn’t the only place with amazing ancient castles — America has its own short list of stunning palaces and estates that will make you feel like absolute royalty. No, Cinderella’s Castle at Disney World didn’t make the list, but you won’t be disappointed by our top must-see castles right here in the U.S. From […]