Knock back a few shots of 白酒 (báijiǔ), a clear spirit made of fermented sorghum that is wildly popular in China. The most famous brand is Maotai, named after the town in Guizhou province where this liquor is made. This potent liquor is a minimum 38% alcohol by volume. 干杯 (Gānbēi), or cheers!
Beijing was my first point of contact with China, and the first stop on our China itinerary. The capital city takes pride in its rich history, its revered temples, palaces, and proximity to the Great Wall. This historic appeal is enlivened with creative dining and nightlife, and an edgy contemporary art scene. On the first day, I visited some of the signature attractions, such as the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, and Drum and Bell Towers. Take a rickshaw around the lakes at Houhai.
- Travel & Leisure's 50 Best Places to Travel These breathtaking destinations selected by Travel & Leisure are on the top of bucket lists worldwide. From the gorgeous tropical landscape of Costa Rica to the modern metropolis of Beijing, this list encompasses the vast sceneries and experiences that our planet has to offer. Explore with us seekers, the 50 best places to travel as chosen by the experts at Travel & Leisure.
- Forbes' Top 50 in Travel Across all continents, Forbes has selected their pick for the top 50 travel destinations. Explore the gorgeous hues of Jaipur or the bustling neon glow of Seoul, relax beachside after partying all night in Ibiza or try on eclectic Harajuku fashion in Tokyo. Across our planet there is so much to see and discover, so come on seekers as we explore this awe-inspiring list of destinations.
- Where #VoyageDiva Has Traveled - Outside the US The places Lauren Mack has explored outside the U.S.
- Best Things to do in China Under $50 China is full of places to visit and things to do, you can do them all if you’ve got an endless cash supply but if you’re on a budget you have to choose carefully. The country is great for those on a budget, checkout this list of the 10 best things to do in China under $50. I think you’ll be surprised how cheap some of these world class attractions are, more than one is free!
- World's Most Popular Destinations