The Colosseum is a very impressive monument. They have tours so you can learn about the history and even visit inside. But even if you don't do the tour, seeing it from the outside remains an amazing experience.
Did you actually go to Rome if you don’t get a picture in front of the colosseum? It’s a jaw dropping structure and there are so many opportunities for great photos in the world’s largest amphitheater.
They say all roads lead to Rome. And so, here you are, stepping foot in the fabled Eternal City. Get ready – there’s really nowhere else like it on earth! From the vast collections of the Vatican Museum (where Michelangelos are ten to a penny) to the romantic walks of La Trastevere district, you’ll never be bored. Be sure to put ancient Rome front and center though. The hulking Colosseum and the Roman Forum are among the greatest treasures of human history. Tours of both can be combined to save money. And you get to hear about gladiators fighting lions!
- Places I've Been
- Landmarks I loved
- Iconic Travel Landmarks Mark the occasion- literally, with these incredible travel landmarks across the planet. These destinations represent history and culture and have drawn travelers from all corners of the globe to take in their magnificence. Enjoy the view from The Empire State Building in NYC or snap a pic in front of the Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy. Become a part of history- let's explore these iconic Travel Landmarks.
- The Most Famous Landmarks Around the World These monumental locations have maintained their status as bucket list-worthy travel destinations. Whether it's the iconic Hollywood sign that transports you into a movie or the mysterious structure of Stonehenge that has puzzled historians for centuries, these landmarks are distinguished in how they have influenced culture across the globe. Inspiring natural wonders, conspiracy-inducing formations, and outright stunning achievements of humanity: enjoy our seeker-approved list of the world's most famous landmarks..
- Most famous landmarks around the world
- A Day in Rome My trip to Rome was amazing. I remember having so many things that I wanted to do and see. From the best food, to the most beautiful monuments, these are tips for the perfect day in Rome.
- 15 Best Instagrammable spots in Rome I was trying to think of a more Instagrammable city than Rome and I came to the conclusion that it’s impossible. The food, the history and the architecture all combine to make sure you’ll have tons of snaps for the ‘gram’ after a trip to Rome.