Peru Cusco Cusco
An ancient Incan citadel nestled amidst majestic mountains, known for its breathtaking views and architectural marvels.
- (084) 582030
Tips from the community
Machu Picchu, located in Cusco Peru, is one of the most iconic and breathtaking World Heritage Sites in South America. This ancient Incan city is nestled high in the Andes mountains, surrounded by stunning natural beauty and breathtaking scenery. Visitors to Machu Picchu can explore the ruins of this once-great city, and take in the stunning views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. Whether you are a history buff, an adventurer, or simply looking for a unique and unforgettable travel experience, Machu Picchu is a must-visit destination in South America.
seeker 8 months ago
As one of the world's most captivating travel destinations, Machu Picchu in Cusco Peru is a must-visit for those seeking adventure, history, and culture. Listed on Forbes' Top 50 in Travel, this ancient city of the Incas boasts stunning views of the Andes Mountains, impressive architectural marvels, and a rich cultural heritage that has fascinated travelers for centuries. With its dramatic landscape and mystical charm, Machu Picchu offers an unforgettable experience for visitors from around the world.
seeker 8 months ago
Machu Picchu is a must-see landmark for visitors to Peru. Located in the Sacred Valley, this ancient citadel was built by the Inca Empire in the 15th century. The ruins offer stunning views of the surrounding mountains and are a testament to the ingenuity of the Incan people. It has been named one of the Seven Wonders of the World and is a truly unforgettable experience for any traveler.
seeker 8 months ago
Macchu Picchu is a 15th-century citadel that remains shrouded in mystery- from its exact purpose to how such an elaborate structure could have been built using ancient technologies. The sophisticated and elusive destination features panoramic views and buildings which incorporate astronomical alignments. With so many questions unanswered for the abandoned structure, Macchu Picchu is a bucket list item for any history junkies looking to uncover ancient secrets.
seeker 3 years ago
Machu Picchu is an ancient Incan citadel nestled in the Andes Mountains of Cusco, Peru. As one of the world's most famous landmarks, visitors come from all over the globe to marvel at its stunning architecture and breathtaking views. Explore the intricate maze of stone structures and soak in the rich history and culture of this iconic destination.
seeker 8 months ago
Inca Citadel! Hiking all the way up to see these amazing ruins!
reinacartagena 3 years ago
Machu Picchu Lists
- michele (Michele Humeston) At the moment, there are 1,153 UNESCO World Heritage Sites dotted across the globe
- kelli.allred (Kelli Allred)
- jeanlouise (Jean Tiston) This is a work in progress list that I would constantly update as I go along :)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) It's your time to shine mystery junkies and conspiracy theorists because we have the list for you. These elusive destinations across the planet feature ancient structures, computer-like design, submerged formations, and even talk of extraterrestrial beings. With experts from around the world bickering and theorizing about the origin and purpose of these intricate monuments, we need to take matters into our own hands and uncover the ancient secrets of humankind- and potentially even more than that.
- bookedbyiman (Iman Childs) My spin on a travel bucketlist! From visiting Vanuatu to attending all 4 tennis Grand Slams, these are the places and unique experiences I'd love to see during my travels.
- laura_comin (Laura Comin) These are the places I wish to see before I die.
- rachelebercini (Rachele Bercini) Corners of the world that I would like to visit and that I have visited
- seeker (Seeker Editors) These monumental locations have maintained their status as bucket list-worthy travel destinations. Whether it's the iconic Hollywood sign that transports you into a movie or the mysterious structure of Stonehenge that has puzzled historians for centuries, these landmarks are distinguished in how they have influenced culture across the globe. Inspiring natural wonders, conspiracy-inducing formations, and outright stunning achievements of humanity: enjoy our seeker-approved list of the world's most famous landmarks..
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff)
- reinacartagena (Reina Cartagena ) There are still places and things I want to do and see! Here is a compilation of some of them! #seekerchallenge
- seeker (Seeker Editors) South America is soaked in a rich history and influence that permeates throughout the entire continent. With a vast terrain and diverse culture, there is no end to awe-inspiring World Heritage Sites ready for exploration. Uncover the secrets of the universe while relaxing along picturesque coastlines, witness Macchu Picchu, and more across the continent of South America.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Mark the occasion- literally, with these incredible travel landmarks across the planet. These destinations represent history and culture and have drawn travelers from all corners of the globe to take in their magnificence. Enjoy the view from The Empire State Building in NYC or snap a pic in front of the Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy. Become a part of history- let's explore these iconic Travel Landmarks.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Across all continents, Forbes has selected their pick for the top 50 travel destinations. Explore the gorgeous hues of Jaipur or the bustling neon glow of Seoul, relax beachside after partying all night in Ibiza or try on eclectic Harajuku fashion in Tokyo. Across our planet there is so much to see and discover, so come on seekers as we explore this awe-inspiring list of destinations.
- sarahlempa (Sarah Lempa) Mountains, deserts, cities, jungles -- Peru has every type of landscape and I actually couldn't believe the diversity when I was there?! You have to see them all seriously