A tropical archipelago in the Indian Ocean famous for its stunning turquoise waters, white sandy beaches, and vibrant marine life.
Tips from the community
Have you ever seen a bad photo of Maldives? I don't think they exist. I know absolutely nothing about the Maldives, but I want to go there based on the photos alone. For me, it conjures up feelings of a dreamy alternate world. Beyond the beautiful waters and luxurious looking hotel bungalows, it's my fascination with this unique place that attracts me to it. And a big part of me doesn't want to do any research about this picturesque Republic, other than reviews on resorts and excursions. I just want to go. Are you for real Maldives? I must meet you. Why it's on my Bucket List: Maldives strikes me as the most "Instagramy" eat-your-heart-out place on earth but it seems like the hype is real. I want to go here before I die so I can compare it to heaven.
the.vagrant.optimist 3 years ago
The Maldives is a tropical paradise often described as a dream destination. With its pristine beaches, crystal-clear waters, and colorful coral reefs, it's no surprise that it has been named one of Forbes' Top 50 in Travel. Visitors can relax in luxury resorts, indulge in world-class cuisine, and experience unique activities such as snorkeling with whale sharks or swimming in bioluminescent waters.
seeker 6 months ago
The Maldives is a dream destination for those seeking an island getaway. With its pristine beaches, crystal-clear waters, and luxurious resorts, it is the perfect place to unwind and escape from the stresses of everyday life. Visitors can enjoy activities such as snorkeling, diving, and surfing or simply relax under the sun and appreciate the natural beauty of the islands.
seeker 6 months ago
With crystal-clear turquoise waters and unmatched natural beauty, the Maldives make for the perfect honeymoon destination. Newlyweds can indulge in a variety of water sports, including canoeing and diving, or just relax on the pristine white-sand beaches. The private island resorts offer seclusion and romantic dining experiences, making it an ideal place to start your forever journey.
seeker 6 months ago
For travel to this paradise, pre-flight covid tests and quarantine are no longer necessary for vaccinated travelers. The Maldives has solidified itself as a world-class destination soaked in iridescent turquoise waters and endless sunshine whether. For a truly unforgettable experience coated in white sand and a pristine coastline, add The Maldives to your summertime bucket list.
seeker 2 years ago
Welcome to Maldives, a paradise island nation located in the middle of the Indian Ocean. With its pristine beaches, crystal clear waters, and abundant marine life, Maldives is an ideal destination for an island getaway. Indulge in luxury accommodation, world-class dining, and a range of exciting water sports activities to ensure an unforgettable vacation experience.
seeker 6 months ago
- the.vagrant.optimist (Josh Wicks) When we're free to roam again, these are the places I'm travelling to.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) These ethereal coastlines will transport you to other planets. Dip your toes in neon blue glowing waters, or snap an insta-worthy picture against cotton-candy colored sandy shores. These fascinating and beautiful beaches around the world are one-of-a-kind destinations that you won’t believe are on planet earth. Let’s take a look at what mother nature has in store for our next fantastical beach getaway.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Something we may never get over from our adventures is the true magic of bioluminescent attractions, an entirely natural phenomenon of sparkling star-like formations that make their home along sandy coastlines and inside rocky caves. Daylight brings sun and fun, but nighttime transforms the landscape into an otherworldly experience, decorated in ethereal plankton that glows in neon hues of pale blue and turquoise. Witness the incredible beauty of nature with these bioluminescent destinations to spice up your itinerary.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Relax along the sandy shores of Greece or swim beneath the palm trees in Bali, explore amongst cave formations in Jamaica, or enjoy delicious room service in a fortress-turned luxury hotel in Spain. There is nothing quite like enjoying a resort vacation with your partner- warm sunshine, clear shores, and gorgeous scenery makes for an excellent opportunity to connect and unwind together. Let's take a little tour of the world's most romantic resorts for a swoon-worthy holiday for two.
- gaia.cozzoli (Gaia Cozzoli) I literally update my bucket list daily, but these 10 places will always be at the top! Covid-19 is stopping us from traveling but it won't stop us from hoping and dreaming. For now, wear a mask and be safe! #SeekerChallenge
- seeker (Seeker Editors) What says relax better than white sandy beaches, crystal clear water, and big blue skies? If you are looking to unwind at an island resort the endless options to choose from can be overwhelming. No matter which continent you seek to escape, we have collected a list of the most beautiful resorts which offer everything you need to enjoy your vacation. Here is the seeker-approved selection of the best Island Resorts for R&R in the world.
- wasanthakk3 (Wasantha Kumara)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Luxury experiences combined with getting in touch with nature- what could be a more fulfilling way to travel? Choosing your next destination for a glamping escape will be easy with our list of the best glamping sites across the globe. We chose the most gorgeous settings with amazing service and amenities, whether you want to be high in the mountains or relaxing in a tropical jungle. Enjoy our selection of glamping sites around the world.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) These ambitious hotels make staying in the best part of the vacation. Whether you are seeking adventure or prefer luxurious getaways, these distinguished hotels provide some of the most unique experiences across the world. From the iconic horseshoe-shaped Sheraton Huzhou Hot Spring Resort lighting up the sky in China to being swept away in a jungle paradise along a candlelit beach at the Azulik Resort in Tulum, our list has hotels that walked right out of your wildest dreams. Get creative in a quirky art-themed hotel or cozy up in a hotel formed entirely of ice at these unique hotel destinations for your next journey.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) There is nothing that quite matches the feeling of taking a dip in clear swimming pool waters to cool off on a hot day. We are here to help you beat the heat with some of the most luxurious pools across the globe. From the infinity pool on the roof of Marina Bay Sands in Singapore to pristine mountain views at The Cambrian Adelboden in Switzerland, dive into our list of *the* most amazing swimming pools in the world.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) The experience of drinking a delicious coffee while reading your favorite book and munching on homemade pastries can only be heightened by how photogenic the location is. Aesthetics only add to our memories and encourage us to take *a lot* of pictures so we won't forget. At Seeker, we are no stranger to trying out countless coffee shops to find not only the best cup served but the one with the prettiest view. These boutique locations across the globe each present their unique charm, from artisanal beverages to housing pastel pink colorways, we present to you the one-stop spot for the cutest and most Instagrammable coffee shops in the world.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Explore beneath the glittering pink lights of Beijing, hop on a plane to the bustling metropolis of Seoul, discover sandy coastline cities and wander ancient temples of civilizations past- we present our collection of capital cities in Asia. Asia is a massive continent deeply rich in history with diverse cultures, these awe-inspiring destinations are sure to be future backdrops of life-changing adventures to come.
- laurenmack (Lauren Mack) Check out these mesmerizing places created by Mother Nature you won't believe. 🌎
- finnwrites (Amanda Finn) I haven’t been there yet but I will.
- blamothe1 (Barbie LaMothe)
- the.vagrant.optimist (Josh Wicks) Yes, this is my geographic Bucket List! Some of these places are on the list because they align with my interests, while other places are on the list because I've felt a calling to go there and figure out why. #seekerchallenge
- seeker (Seeker Editors)
- bookedbyiman (Iman Childs) My spin on a travel bucketlist! From visiting Vanuatu to attending all 4 tennis Grand Slams, these are the places and unique experiences I'd love to see during my travels.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) We have all been in a bit of a slump, but with the vaccinations rolling out and countries easing restrictions we are nothing but excited to dust off our passports and get our travel on! All across the world, countries are reopening their doors to international tourism, and after a year nestled safely in our homes, we have been dreaming and planning for this moment. Although we would like to note that the situation across the planet is constantly changing and while we want to keep you updated, make sure to do some research and be aware of any restrictions and requirements before jumping on that plane. Here are our top picks of the most exciting destinations with solid plans to set the stage for the future of international travel.
- rachelebercini (Rachele Bercini)