A Himalayan kingdom known for its monasteries, fortresses, dramatic landscapes, archery, and Gross National Happiness philosophy.
Tips from the community
Also known as "The Kingdom of Happiness", Bhutan is perhaps the most innocent and pure place on earth. Are you familiar with the statistic Gross National Happiness (GNH)? Bhutan puts GNH as their most important metric. Take a closer look and it's easy to see why this place ranks high on many bucket lists. The kingdom is located high in the Himalayas with majestic architecture overlooking beautiful landscapes and there is a limit on daily tourist numbers and spending which keeps everyone honest. Dreamy. Why it's on my Bucket List: Bhutan is clearly a unique destination. What draws me to it is how humble it appears to be. I want to go there with very little in my bag, no plans, and no expectations. I just want to literally be there and absorb the vibe.
the.vagrant.optimist 3 years ago
Spring is kind to flower-lovers in Bhutan, the historic city glows in gem-like purple blossoms as the trees open up for the new season. Bhutan is famous for its extensive orchid collection, a unique rarity throughout the rest of the world, Bhutan houses over 300 orchid species that perk up in the warmer months.
seeker 2 years ago
Bhutan, nestled amidst the majestic Himalayas, offers a serene and romantic escape for honeymooners. Immerse yourself in the country's unique culture, explore scenic towns, and indulge in delectable cuisine. Bhutan's tranquil landscapes and friendly locals promise to make your honeymoon an unforgettable experience.
seeker 11 months ago
- amys (Amy S)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Explore beneath the glittering pink lights of Beijing, hop on a plane to the bustling metropolis of Seoul, discover sandy coastline cities and wander ancient temples of civilizations past- we present our collection of capital cities in Asia. Asia is a massive continent deeply rich in history with diverse cultures, these awe-inspiring destinations are sure to be future backdrops of life-changing adventures to come.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Across all continents, Forbes has selected their pick for the top 50 travel destinations. Explore the gorgeous hues of Jaipur or the bustling neon glow of Seoul, relax beachside after partying all night in Ibiza or try on eclectic Harajuku fashion in Tokyo. Across our planet there is so much to see and discover, so come on seekers as we explore this awe-inspiring list of destinations.
- leah (Leah Fishman) If I don't get to sip tea in Sri Lanka's hillside, read books in the Lake District, cozy up with Christmas lights in Zermatt, and watch grizzlies catch fish in Alaska before I die, I'm gonna *riot*. From the totally obtainable (White Sands National Park) to the obscure (Lofoten), here's my big, bad, do-before-I-die bucket list.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) April showers bring May flowers, and what encompasses the spirit of springtime than fresh blossoms flourishing alongside quaint countrysides and bustling cityscapes? These destinations are famed for different blossoms that perk up in the spring months- whether it's the mysterious pink aura of cherry blossoms in Tokyo to sprawls of wildflowers in Italy. Let's delve into the colorful and fragrant world of blooming flowers at these breathtaking destinations.
- carrieback (Carrie Back) BUCKET LIST
- the.vagrant.optimist (Josh Wicks) Yes, this is my geographic Bucket List! Some of these places are on the list because they align with my interests, while other places are on the list because I've felt a calling to go there and figure out why. #seekerchallenge
- seeker (Seeker Editors) A little slice of paradise for you and your honey is just an airplane ride away. What better way to celebrate your endless love and connection than by visiting these gorgeous destinations? Here are our picks of the most romantic and picturesque destinations from around the world for the perfect backdrop of your romantic holiday. Whether you dream about relaxing along a pristine coastline sipping on fruity drinks or uncovering an adventure- we have the place for you.
- steve (Steven Rabkin)