Tips from the community
leah 4 years ago
seeker 2 years ago
- ste.divita (Stefania Di Vita)
- mustangdmv (Danielle Call) Most people like to get away from the cold and snow in the winter, but its got me dreaming of beautiful snow covered igloos, cozy saunas, and where I can see a reindeer and maybe go dog sledding!
- seeker (Seeker Editors) We are very into quirky hotel concepts, and this one has us freezing with excitement (pun intended). Let's take a look at some of the world's most iconic seasonal hotels; castles, igloos, and luxury resorts formed entirely of ice blocks. While many travelers may be looking to beat the heat, there is nothing quite like cozying up in a glass castle fit for a fairytale and snapping a few iconic pics for the gram at that. So let's grab our favorite mittens and pack for the icy adventure of a lifetime. Brrr!
- seeker (Seeker Editors) When we think of a European holiday we can imagine sparkling metropolises and fairytale castles, but the endless supply of outdoorsy activities throughout the continent is currently what’s on our mind. Whether you want to pilot reindeer through the arctic circle or tour fishing villages along the Italian coast, we have selected a variety of experiences that are sure to excite any adventurers looking for a European getaway.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) For a proper winter full of glistening snowflakes, hot cocoa, and fairytale-like settings- we have put together a list of the most Winter Wonderland-esque destinations in the world for your winter holiday. From national parks full of outdoorsy snow fun to old cities decorated in an array of kaleidoscopic illuminations and fresh snowfall. Grab your coziest jacket and favorite hat and let’s step into the magical world of winter.
- gaia.cozzoli (Gaia Cozzoli) I literally update my bucket list daily, but these 10 places will always be at the top! Covid-19 is stopping us from traveling but it won't stop us from hoping and dreaming. For now, wear a mask and be safe! #SeekerChallenge
- mustangdmv (Danielle Call) I love traveling in the summer when the sun is out and cities are bustling, but there are some places that need to be seen in winter for you to experience their true beauty. These are some of the places that I am longing to go for a winter getaway! Fair warning: festive lighting and a dusting of snow are my reasons for all of these places :) #seekerchallenge
- seeker (Seeker Editors)
- michele (Michele Humeston) "Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world." ― John Muir
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Explore the vast and friendly wildlife on this planet through these amazing ethical tourism escapades, from underwater adventures to African safaris- the options are endless. Truly life-changing experiences are available on every continent, ride on a sled with huskies in the arctic forests of Finland or volunteer at an elephant sanctuary in gorgeous Thailand. Here are our top pics of ethical wildlife destinations from around the world.
- leah (Leah Fishman)
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) From caves in Goreme to yachts in Croatia, I can't get enough of unusual places to get some shut eye. This bucket list is made up of my favorite finds for the most epic hotel experiences in Europe.
- stillontheroad (Giada Matera) *needs a list where randomly putting all the cool spots, restaurants, experiences found around*
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Cold weather travel is a delight that often gets overlooked. Here at Seeker. we love cozying up by the fireplace in a snow-covered cottage, exploring the gorgeous pearly views of icy tundra, and walking through an impeccably-decorated Manhattan pretending we are starring in our very own Lifetime holiday film. We selected some of the most dreamy and wintery destinations around the world. How many have you been to?
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Spend a day or two lost amongst thousands of books on any subject you can imagine at these distinguished libraries around the world. From the edgy contemporary architecture of the Tianjin Binhai Library in China to the massive baroque-embracing library of Admont Abbey in Austria, there is so much to be discovered. We have handpicked some of the most incredible libraries from around the globe for your inner bookworm.
- stillontheroad (Giada Matera) #seekerchallenge
- seeker (Seeker Editors) These ambitious hotels make staying in the best part of the vacation. Whether you are seeking adventure or prefer luxurious getaways, these distinguished hotels provide some of the most unique experiences across the world. From the iconic horseshoe-shaped Sheraton Huzhou Hot Spring Resort lighting up the sky in China to being swept away in a jungle paradise along a candlelit beach at the Azulik Resort in Tulum, our list has hotels that walked right out of your wildest dreams. Get creative in a quirky art-themed hotel or cozy up in a hotel formed entirely of ice at these unique hotel destinations for your next journey.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Coastal towns and sparkling metropolises, across the sprawling continent of Europe there is so much to uncover and experience. Whether you seek picturesque villages painted in pastel colors or cosmopolitan flair, Europe has the perfect city for you to explore. Here is our collection of capital cities in Europe.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Throughout the vast continent of Europe, there are endless adventures to uncover. Here is a collection of the most awe-inspiring World Heritage sites across Europe, including mesmerizing landmarks, bustling cities, and gorgeous natural landscapes. Uncover some of the most mysterious and beautiful travel destinations on the planet with this bucket-list-worthy selection.
- hollyonthehorizon (Holly Siebenrock)
- Read more...
Europe stretches from the wild waves of Portugal to the mossy woodlands of Belarus, the tundra of the Scandinavian north to the glistening beaches and down in Greece. Between its borders, this land holds treasures of such immeasurable natural magnificence that it would be a crime to even attempt to distill the lot into a […]
- Read more...
On February 27th, Scotland took a huge leap toward becoming the first country in the world to make feminine hygiene products — AKA, tampons and pads— free to anyone who needs them. The groundbreaking Period Products (Free Provision) (Scotland) Bill passed through the first of three stages in the Scottish Parliament by a vote of 112-0. To […]
- Read more...
Europe is the birthplace of hygge culture: the Danish word for all things comfy and cosy. If tropical getaways aren’t your thing, than Europe is the perfect spot to hunker down and cozy up this winter season. Wake up to snow-capped mountains in Slovenia, walk cobbled streets in Tallinn, shop at cheerful Christmas festivals in […]
- Read more...
Dive into the trendiest color of the decade. Whether you’ve just hopped on the pink train or have always loved the color, check out these photo-worthy pink places around the world to satisfy your pink obsession while traveling. 23 Prettiest Pink Places in the World With a combination of Gothic, Roman and Baroque design, Tan […]
- Read more...
After a long and harsh winter, Midsummer, or Juhannes, marks the start of warm sunny weather in Europe’s most unlikely summer holiday destination: Finnish Lapland. Midsummer kicks off at midnight on June 22nd (Midsummer Eve), aka, the brightest day of the year near the Arctic Circle. Nights are almost nonexistent, and both locals and tourists […]
- Read more...
Luxurious arctic winter adventures may seem like an oxymoron, we admit, yet with these epic ways to see the Northern Lights, you’ll view all the action (without all the freezing!) Read on to discover how. The Northern Lights rate highly on most globetrotters’ bucket-list, yet if you’re anything like me (infected by serious wanderlust yet […]