United States California
Half Moon Bay
Quaint coastal town known for its scenic beauty, world-renowned surfing spots, and annual pumpkin festival. Located in Northern California.
Tips from the community
Half Moon Bay in California encompasses a string of beaches that make for an excellent beach backdrop for your summer fun. Tour vast hiking trails along rugged cliffs, relax along idyllic sandy coastlines and enjoy the soft patter of sparkling waves against your ankles while spying on picturesque sea life. A way to escape from the hectic day-to-day, Half Moon Bay has long been a whimsical getaway that is perfect for families, couples, and even a solo escape to the sea.
seeker 2 years ago
Michele Humeston, @michele writes: "Over the past year I’ve been doing lots of solo hikes, they’re a great way to recharge and center myself. The 11 miles of costal trail in Half Moon Bay is one of my favorite spots!"
seeker 3 years ago
As you head south from San Francisco enjoy a stop in this cute town. Go surfing or grab lunch here.
nicolejordan 2 years ago
Half Moon Bay Lists
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Ah, California – with its sun-kissed coastlines and laid-back vibe, it's a haven for beach lovers, and guess what, that includes our four-legged friends too! If you've got a pup who loves to frolic in the sand just as much as you do, you're in for a treat. From the misty shores of Carmel Beach down to the balmy stretches of Coronado Dog Beach, the Golden State is brimming with spots where your dog can dash through the surf, dig to their heart's content, and maybe even catch a Frisbee or two. So leash up, pack some treats, and let's uncover the tail-wagging havens that make California's coastline a paradise for dogs and their human pals.
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) The San Francisco Bay Area is known for its scenic views around every corner and there is no better way to experience it, than with a cold brew. From Oakland to Santa Cruz, breweries in the Bay Area boast panoramic views of the Bay Bridge, Golden Gate Bridge, and even the Pacific Ocean. Whether you prefer a rooftop patio, outdoor beer garden, or scenic deck, you'll find plenty of options to choose from. So, grab a pint and soak up the beauty of the Bay Area at one of these top breweries with views. Cheers!
- michele (Michele Humeston) Love outdoor patios, craft beers or dog (and kid) friendly locations? This list has what you’re looking for.
- stillontheroad (Giada Matera) Santa's villages, Christmas tree farms, and all about the holly jolly holidays in the Bay Area! 🎅 🎄
- michele (Michele Humeston) Warm your tummy and your soul with the best soups in the bay area.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Nothing says 'vacation' quite like a beach getaway, and we have *not* been able to stop thinking about what beach we want to visit next. These are our recent fave beaches across North America, and we have selected something for everyone. Whether you want to escape the crowds and explore pristine coastlines, are seeking crystal clear shimmering water to snorkel, or want an exciting family getaway full of sun & fun- we have found the place for you. Take a look through our selection of the best beaches in North America for some major vacay inspo, while we pretend we're lying beach-side with a fizzy drink in hand.
- nicolejordan (Nicole Jordan) Driving Highway 1 down the California Coast? These are some of my favorite destinations definitely worth checking out!
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Happy International Women's Day! We're always inspired by the badass women who help to make our community such a vibrant, unique bunch of travelers. We asked women in our community their favorite places to travel, and they had some pretty epic ideas to share. Hear why these places are near to their hearts, and save 'em for the future so they can eventually be close to yours too: