Plitvice Lakes National Park
A breathtaking Croatian sanctuary featuring cascading turquoise lakes, waterfalls, and diverse wildlife, inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- 053 751 015
Tips from the community
Cascading waterfalls nestled into balmy hues of red, orange, and gold, Plitvice Lakes National Park is a breathtaking example of untouched natural beauty. Hike alongside shimmering waterfalls, beneath rich warm trees, and on top of a seemingly endless carpet of crisp leaves. Like entering a painting, this famous Croatian park is made up of ruby red maple trees and golden firs that are sure to bring your fairytale autumn dreams to life.
seeker 2 years ago
Plitvice Lakes National Park is an expansive forest in Croatia that is famous for gorgeous waterfalls and 16 terraced lakes. Trails and walkways extend around and across the sparkling waters and throughout the forested areas. The oldest and largest national park in Croatia, Plitvice Lakes National Park is a designated UNESCO World Heritage site and considered one of the most stunning national parks in the world.
seeker 3 years ago
Plitvice Lakes National Park is a stunning natural wonder located in Croatia, recognized as a world heritage site by UNESCO. The park features a breathtaking system of 16 interconnected lakes, impressive waterfalls, and lush forests. It is a popular destination for nature lovers, hikers, and photographers who come from all over the world to explore its beauty and tranquility.
seeker 11 months ago
Plitvice Lakes National Park is a bit of a drive from the other big sights in Croatia but well worth it! There are waterfalls every 10 feet and the surrounding community gives you a real taste for life in rural Croatia. Loved our time at Plitvice Lakes!
chiefseeker 4 years ago
A scenic area of picturesque cascades and green plant life, Plitvice Lakes National Parks is also an ideal spot for exciting outdoorsy action. Kayak alongside stunning waterfalls, and hike flourishing terrain.
seeker 3 years ago
Plitvice Lakes National Park Guides
- seeker (Seeker Editors) From the mountains of Quebec to the outskirts of Tokyo, mystical Slovakian lakes, and cascading waterfalls, these fall landscapes are some of our favorite hidden gems. Enjoy the wonder and magic of the new season, cool air, warm pigmented trees, and pathways coated in crispy leaves at these breathtaking destinations around the world.
- ste.divita (Stefania Di Vita)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) If you are an adrenaline junkie look no further, we have selected some of the most *iconic*, adventurous national parks around the entire world so that you can start planning your next exploration. Whether you want to raft through rushing rivers, hike dramatic peaks, or witness incredible wildlife, check out these famous destinations for some major adventuring inspo.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) These gorgeous national parks throughout the continent of Europe are ideal backdrops for your next awe-inspiring adventure. Explore through Iceland’s frozen tundra or walk alongside crystal clear lakes in Croatia, hike mountainous terrain in Switzerland, or witness iconic hot air balloon festivities in Turkey. These magical, scenic spots of sprawling natural landscape and inspirational views *need* to be added to your bucket list now. Let's explore the gorgeous and vast landscapes of Europe, seekers.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Throughout the vast continent of Europe, there are endless adventures to uncover. Here is a collection of the most awe-inspiring World Heritage sites across Europe, including mesmerizing landmarks, bustling cities, and gorgeous natural landscapes. Uncover some of the most mysterious and beautiful travel destinations on the planet with this bucket-list-worthy selection.