A southeastern state known for its beautiful beaches, historic landmarks, southern hospitality, and rich cultural heritage.
Tips from the community
South Carolina is a state located in the southeastern region of the United States known for its beautiful beaches, historic landmarks, and Southern cuisine. Visitors can explore iconic locations such as the Charleston Battery and Fort Sumter National Monument, and indulge in local dishes like shrimp and grits or barbecue. The state also offers a variety of outdoor activities, including hiking, fishing, and boating.
seeker 8 months ago
Hailed as the birthplace of barbecue with a bbq trail map that gives you insight of all the best bbq spots in the state- you can’t deny South Carolina! It’s the sauces for me— It really can make or break your Barbecue.
travelwelldunn 3 years ago
South Carolina Lists
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) Hit list for our Summer 2022 trip to Hilton Head.
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) Set your kids loose and relax at these beaches offering the added safety of a lifeguard. 🌊
- kelli.allred (Kelli Allred)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Tucked away along Lake Ontario, the Ontario wine region is buzzing- from no-nonsense wineries to luxury getaways, there is something for everyone. Enjoy premium grapes, unique tasting menus, Canadian comfort food, and the pristine natural landscape of Ontario. Whether it's a girl's weekend or a romantic getaway, consider heading north for a dreamy summer evening tasting menu at one of these critically acclaimed vineyards of the lush Ontario wine region.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Whether it's getting lost in our shimmering galaxy or witnessing the beauty of bioluminescence, these parks offer some incredible nighttime experiences that will have you packing up your camping bag for an adventure. Who said the fun had to stop when the sun sets? This summer consider these parks for a mesmerizing nighttime experience cloaked in the night sky, beneath sparkling stars, and munching on a toasty marshmallow or two.
- emperoress1 (Anita Wun) short vacation but worth it
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Whether you want to take a bite of the big apple or head to the west coast for fine wine and fresh sourdough- we have you covered. The neverending patchwork of creativity and fine dining that sweeps over the nation may be overwhelming as you plan out your next big foodie adventure in the US, but we have put together a roadmap of some of our favorite spots. Some that are worth the hype, and some hidden gems, let’s dig in (literally) to the best foodie destinations across the country.
- travelwelldunn (Bryana Dunn) These epic destinations come with the territory , from epic natural wonders to big city adventures, legendary theme parks to bucket-list beaches. These are the best summer vacations in the U.S. for families. #Seekerchallenge
- seeker (Seeker Editors) For adventurous individuals seeking space away from bustling tourist destinations, we have selected some of the most mesmerizing national parks across North America for your next escapade. From the arctic circle in Canada to deep canyons of California, witness brown bears hunting for salmon, puffins gathering on beaches, and wildflowers blooming a symphony of colors. From clear turquoise waters and sandy beaches to volcanic terrain- beat the crowds at these lesser-known national parks across the continent.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Huge installations, small gallery hopping, and museums full to the brim with bucket-list-worthy pieces- this is the ultimate art guide to the United States. From Marfa to New York City, there is always something exciting to uncover artistically while traveling the diverse map of the country. Whether it is the parties of Art Basel Miami or a day in The Andy Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh, take a look at our selection of the best cities in the US with amazing Art scenes.
- candicedoddbrown (Candice Brown) #SeekerChallenge
- trippingout63 (Kelly Duffy) Biscayne Everglades Canyonlands Indiana Dunes Mammoth Cave Cuyahoga Valley Great Sand Dunes Great Basin Shenandoah Congaree Zion
- leah (Leah Fishman)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Whether your mom loves rolling hills of vineyards to explore, luxury spa destinations, adventurous treks, or a little broadway sparkle- we have selected some of the best destinations worldwide to enjoy some quality time together. Unwind at pristine beaches in Palm Springs beneath some much-needed sunlight, or enjoy delectable Mediterranean cuisine along the southern Amalfi Coast of Italy. These destinations will treat you and your mom to some unforgettable experiences. Bon Voyage!
- katie (Katie Camille) Though it might not feel like the fall weather that I'm used to, I'm trying to get those cozy fall vibes any way I can! These farms are all offering pumpkin picking and are located within an hour distance from Charlotte.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) For a perfect backdrop to your romantic getaway- look no further. We have selected some of the most gorgeous locations to visit for a pink and red-colored, chocolate-flavored, heart-shaped vacation. From the magical atmosphere of New Orleans to the flawless beaches of Palm Springs, have a look at our choice of top US destinations for Valentine's Day travel.
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) Gathering ideas for an affordable yet epic spot for a girls trip. Must haves:🍹 👙 🌊 💃🏽
- leah (Leah Fishman) In September 2020, I sold all my stuff, packed up my car, and hit the road with my 12-year-old pup, Fiona. We started in Vermont and are currently in Mississippi. Up next: Tampa, FL
- miracle (Miracle ) Miracle is a Christmas-themed pop-up cocktail bar that serves holiday cocktails in a festive setting. With kitschy holiday décor, professionally-developed cocktails and the nostalgic energy of the best office party you’ve ever been to, Miracle is sure to get even the grouchiest grinch in the holiday spirit.
- camillem1998 (Camille Moinier)