Tips from the community
Enjoying a Reindeer ride through snow-topped forests, witnessing the pure magic of aurora borealis, cozying up by the fire with a mystery novel and hot cocoa- yes we are big fans of the winter oasis provided by Lapland. Escape to the north and embrace the beauty of sparkling pearl-like snow, and mystical pink skies in the dark of night. Lapland consistently tops lists for being one of the most fairytale-like winter getaways on the planet.
seeker 2 years ago
Watch colorful lights dance in the night sky, and explore forests shrouded in fresh snow. Lapland is a fairytale destination that is also dripping in outdoorsy adventure opportunities. Become a reindeer driver and cross the arctic circle, take a dogsled safari, witness the majestic aurora borealis, and even visit the famous “Santa Claus Village”.
seeker 3 years ago
Some people may think it's crazy to travel to Finland in the winter, but I think it's the ideal time! What better way to experience the arctic circle than to meet a reindeer or go dogsledding?!
mustangdmv 3 years ago
Yes, Santa's hometown is on my bucket list :)
stillontheroad 3 years ago
- stillontheroad (Giada Matera)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) For a proper winter full of glistening snowflakes, hot cocoa, and fairytale-like settings- we have put together a list of the most Winter Wonderland-esque destinations in the world for your winter holiday. From national parks full of outdoorsy snow fun to old cities decorated in an array of kaleidoscopic illuminations and fresh snowfall. Grab your coziest jacket and favorite hat and let’s step into the magical world of winter.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) When we think of a European holiday we can imagine sparkling metropolises and fairytale castles, but the endless supply of outdoorsy activities throughout the continent is currently what’s on our mind. Whether you want to pilot reindeer through the arctic circle or tour fishing villages along the Italian coast, we have selected a variety of experiences that are sure to excite any adventurers looking for a European getaway.
- mustangdmv (Danielle Call) I love traveling in the summer when the sun is out and cities are bustling, but there are some places that need to be seen in winter for you to experience their true beauty. These are some of the places that I am longing to go for a winter getaway! Fair warning: festive lighting and a dusting of snow are my reasons for all of these places :) #seekerchallenge
- stillontheroad (Giada Matera) #seekerchallenge