Japan Tōkyō-to Koto City
An immersive digital art museum in Tokyo featuring interactive, projection-mapped exhibits that blend technology, design, and nature.
Tips from the community
Since it opened in 2018, teamLab Borderless has offered a unique immersive visual arts experience that has revolutionized the way we think about contemporary art. Built on the concept and belief that technology can be used to expand and enhance visual arts, teamLab Borderless is a total “must see” for visitors and tourists. While a popular spot for celebrity photos and Instagram moments, the museum is not exclusive and has a reasonable 3000 Yen ($27 USD) entrance fee. Enjoy taking stunning pics and escaping into a virtual world that exists beyond borders. Pro Tip: Student on a budget? Bring your student ID and you’ll get great discounts at all of the museums and galleries on this list.
madeleineray 3 years ago
Located in the tech centre of Japan, this art installation is a ‘borderless’ experience that invites visitors to wander its space and marvel at the vibrant colour and tech-inspired art. The best part? It’s super interactive, allowing you to get right inside each installation. TeamLab Borderless is like wandering through a video game world made from nothing but light and colour. It’s a truly breathtaking experience that proves to any visitor that Japan is really the tech capital of the world.
WillHarris 2 years ago
TeamLab Borderless is a world-renowned digital art museum in Tokyo that offers an immersive experience through its stunning digital art installations. Visitors can interact with the art and become a part of it, as the colors and patterns change around them in real-time. The museum offers a unique and awe-inspiring atmosphere that is perfect for Instagram-worthy photos and is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in contemporary art and technology.
seeker 11 months ago
Enter an entirely new reality of virtual art, complete with an immersive visual experience that transports visitors to an alternate reality. Seemingly endless lights, mirrors, colors, and projections make up this creative space that has quickly risen to one of the most in-demand art exhibits of Tokyo. Located near the seaside neighborhood of Odaiba, a day excursion to TeamLabs is an excellent way to woo a potential suitor.
madeleineray 2 years ago
teamLab Borderless in Koto City, Tokyo is a top museum in Asia that offers visitors an immersive digital art experience. The museum features interactive and collaborative digital installations that bring together art, science, and technology. With its stunning visual effects and creative concepts, teamLab Borderless is a must-visit destination for art lovers and tech enthusiasts alike.
seeker 11 months ago
teamLab Borderless Guides
- madeleineray (Madeleine Ray) Tokyo is famous for being an exciting destination full of activity, and there are an overwhelming amount of places, restaurants, and things to do and see- so I have narrowed it down a little for you. Any of these gorgeous spots throughout the city are guaranteed success if you are with the right person. From nostalgic amusement parks to quaint parks adjacent to some of the most eccentric neighborhoods- these spots are perfect for an afternoon, evening, or all-day getaway with your date.
- vintageels (Els van der Walt) 2 weeks
- brandonjosephmills (Brandon Mills)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Tokyo is one of the most exciting cities you can visit in the world. Along with the pure electricity of bustling streets and neon lights, Tokyo has plenty of open parks, and chances to get a taste of traditional Japanese culture. You can sip sake underneath pink blooming cherry blossoms in Ueno Park, and get lost in the kawaii pop culture of Harajuku, Tokyo has endless amounts of fun activities for the entire family to fill up your itinerary.
- madeleineray (Madeleine Ray)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Across the continent, there is no end to interesting museums to visit during your travels to Asia. We absolutely love discovering unique and specialized museums, and here are some of our personal favorites. From quirky hidden gems like the poop museum in Tokyo to massive world-renowned establishments including the Design Museum Holon in Israel, we guarantee you will add a few of these outstanding museums to your travel bucket list.
- WillHarris (Will Harris)