Tips from the community
seeker 11 months ago
seeker 3 years ago
traveleaterjohanna 3 years ago
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Get lost in vibrant tangerine hues across the world, with these dynamic orange-colored destinations.
- wildlifeconnect (Wildlife Connect ) Imagine a world where you can lock eyes with a sleepy sloth hanging from a tree, get splashed by a playful dolphin, or hear the distant roar of a lion while tucked away in a cozy safari lodge. This is the kind of magic that awaits in sanctuaries around the globe, where wildlife and humans can safely meet. These unique havens not only provide unforgettable animal encounters for us humans but are vital for the protection, rehabilitation, and sometimes the survival, of numerous species. Whether nestled in lush rainforests, perched on the edge of vast savannahs, or hidden in the warmth of tropical waters, these sanctuaries offer a chance to witness nature's marvels up close, in a way that respects the wild hearts of our planet's fascinating creatures. So, grab your adventure hat, and let's explore some of the most incredible sanctuaries around the world that foster these genuine connections with the animal kingdom.
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Luxury experiences combined with getting in touch with nature- what could be a more fulfilling way to travel? Choosing your next destination for a glamping escape will be easy with our list of the best glamping sites across the globe. We chose the most gorgeous settings with amazing service and amenities, whether you want to be high in the mountains or relaxing in a tropical jungle. Enjoy our selection of glamping sites around the world.
- wildlifeconnect (Wildlife Connect ) Ever dreamed of wandering amidst lush greenery and coming face-to-face with nature's most majestic creatures? Wildlife sanctuaries offer just that – a chance to step into the habitats of the animal kingdom and witness the wonders of the natural world up close. These havens of biodiversity not only provide crucial protection for wildlife but also invite us humans to immerse ourselves in an experience that's both enlightening and humbling. From the roaming giants of the savannahs to the elusive predators of the dense forests, each sanctuary is a world unto itself, waiting to be explored. So, grab your binoculars and let’s take a virtual trek through some of the most amazing wildlife sanctuaries that you can actually visit. Prepare to be awed!
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Discover some of the most otherworldly and ethereal landscapes gleaming in heavy pigments, from alkaline red lakes to banana-colored volcanic landscapes. For Pride month we wanted to select the most vibrant destinations across the planet in every shade of ROYGBIV to create the ultimate rainbow-themed bucket list. Let your rainbow flags fly this summer while taking a look at some of the most colorful places on earth. Happy Pride Seekers!
- seeker (Seeker Editors) The beautiful and rich history of the continent of Africa becomes evident in these UNESCO world heritage destinations. From the birthplace of ancient humans to vast desert landscapes, unique wildlife, and pristine coastlines, explore deep into this gorgeous continent and the history of humankind at these entirely life-changing and inspiring world heritage sites.
- missyrunyon (Missy Runyon) Moving each location from Places I'm Going to Places I've Been, one at a time.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) In case you have ever fantasized about road tripping in a foreign country, exploring a combination of both metropolitan and remote lifestyles- there is nothing stopping you from getting on that plane and renting a car. Hit the open road, whether it's touring through sandy desert landscapes, alongside volcanic mountains, through mystical forests, or next to ancient monuments. There is nothing like driving through a brand new terrain, getting a taste of the local lifestyle, and seeing firsthand the vast sprawling landscapes unfold while jamming to your favorite playlist. Here are our personal top destinations for spending *weeks* adventuring on the road.
- bookedbyiman (Iman Childs) My spin on a travel bucketlist! From visiting Vanuatu to attending all 4 tennis Grand Slams, these are the places and unique experiences I'd love to see during my travels.
- rachelebercini (Rachele Bercini)
- traveleaterjohanna (Johanna Read) My list of visited countries (broadly defined)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Nat Geo has their finger on the pulse in terms of trendy destinations to add to your bucket list. While these destinations are recently lighting up on Traveller's minds worldwide, they also have amazing historical significance and have been attracting streams of adventurers for years. From the ancient pyramids towering in sandy Egypt to the lush natural landscape of Vietnam, let's take a look at Nat Geo's selection of trending destinations.
- steve (Steven Rabkin)
- Read more...
Dreamsicle-colored deserts (not desserts, for once) cover our planet…and they’re not the only show-stopping orange places around the globe. Orange festivals, orange cities, orange monuments —whether you prefer to sweat your way through arid ginger-scapes or dance through a valley of delicate flowers, you’ll have ample opportunity for both. Check out these 11 orange travel […]
- Read more...
At the beginning of my first big trip just a decade ago, I bought a hideously overpriced phone card, made my way to one of those famous London phone booths, and called my parents back in Australia to let them know I’d arrived safely. I used the same phone to call around to hostels to […]