Tips from the community
seeker 6 months ago
seeker 2 years ago
Mexico City Lists
- mcontemporanea (Rory Lassanske)
- _kfunk (Kimberly Anne) Places I dream of going to one day!
- seeker (Seeker Editors) From massive colored kites on an island to the endless festivities of Mexico City, Dia de Los Muertos has stood the test of time. This holiday dates way back to the indigenous Aztecs, is the oldest holiday in the world, and contrasts against the macabre of Halloween celebrations with marigold arrangements, incense, and painted candy skulls. Discovering new holidays through travel is a fantastic way to learn about new cultures and broaden our horizons, and with a holiday this steeped in history and celebration, it's no wonder Mexico draws in so many tourists at this time of year. With cities in the US and Guatemala included in this exciting list, let's look into the most gorgeous and vibrant cities to celebrate Dia de Los Muertos this year.
- escape.darling (Lindsay Durgin)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Cinco de Mayo marks the historic win of the Mexican army against the French way back in 1862, and the party hasn't stopped since. Pitchers of refreshing beverages underneath sunny skies, endless plates of fresh tacos and tortilla chips, mariachi bands, and we're just getting started. While Cinco de Mayo is an important holiday in Mexico, the parties in the US are some of the flashiest across the globe. Enjoy vibrant Mexican culture which is an integral piece of the fabric of the United States. Dance the day away in top US destinations such as San Antonio or Los Angeles, or experience a more historical perspective at the birthplace of the holiday in Pueblo, Mexico. Here are some of our favorite spots to hit during early May to enjoy mouthwatering food, and amazing parties that last the whole week.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) If an abundance of blooming flowers in picture-perfect locations is what you are looking for, we have the list for you! Enjoy bright colors, big blue skies, and endless fields wherever you dream of traveling this spring. Whether you seek bright pink cherry blossom trees in Japan or expansive national parks in North America, this list includes the most picturesque places to unwind after the cold winter to soak in fresh spring energy.
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) Mexico City is a magical place! From the stunning architecture of the Palacio de Bellas Artes to the fascinating exhibits at the National Museum of Anthropology, there is no shortage of cultural experiences. As if that's not enough, the food scene in Mexico City is RIDICULOUS! From $1 street tacos to out of this world fine dining, you will be eating from the moment you arrive until your last bite of fresh guacamole on the way to the airport. Here are my favorite spots for a first timer in Mexico City.
- selma.karim.b (Selma Karim)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Sprawling natural parks with unique wildlife, ancient and mysterious temples, world-renown monuments, and more- the continent of North America is one with a deep history to be uncovered. Explore some of humankind's most famous mysteries and witness nature's magnificence at these UNESCO designated world heritage sites across the massive continent.
- bookedbyiman (Iman Childs) My spin on a travel bucketlist! From visiting Vanuatu to attending all 4 tennis Grand Slams, these are the places and unique experiences I'd love to see during my travels.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) We know the importance of visual aesthetics when it comes to travel. From the iconic Louvre museum in Paris to the gallery-lined streets of Chelsea in NYC, we present our selection of top cities for artists and art lovers to thrive. Fill countless days in your itinerary with creativity-focused activities at these bucket-list-worthy destinations.
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff)
Mexico City Articles
- Read more...
There’s simply no denying the fact that 2020 threw us all for a loop. The COVID-19 pandemic wreaked havoc on life as we know it, putting all of our plans on pause for the foreseeable future. Although the boredom and loneliness of quarantine may have gotten to you, your wallet is likely thanking you for […]
- Read more...
Each June, we honor the anniversary of Stonewall Uprising: the historic event that marked the start of the modern movement for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, intersex and asexual rights (LGBTQIA+) across the globe. To celebrate, hundreds of Pride parades will take place in every nook and cranny of the world. With demonstrations, seminars, parties, […]