Leading the pack on the fight for accessible menstrual products is Canada: the first country to stop taxing tampons and pads. While Canada cares about their nation, their sights are set on changing the game on a global level. Canada has worked to make women’s human rights a strong focus of the United Nations with the Commission on the Status of Women and Human Rights Council. In 2002, Canada ratified the Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women, which was officially adopted by the UN General Assembly in 2000.
- National Parks To Explore In Canada Canada is one of the largest countries in the world with plentiful wilderness and stunning nature, encompassed by its expansive national parks. Explore snow-capped mountains, granite islands, sandy coastlines, and more in this fascinating and beautiful country. Here is a selection of just a few of our favorite national parks in Canada, from BC to Quebec that have some of the most stunning views and memorable experiences.
- Best Nanaimo Bars In Canada Crunchy, creamy, and coconutty- Canada’s special Nanaimo bars are little slices of heaven. Surprisingly hard to find outside of the country, I have been making it my mission to sample them during my stay here. A true Canadian classic that is actually a *no-bake* pastry, it rivals that of apple pie and brownies. Here are some highly voted Nanaimo bar destinations across the country, I have not been able to sample them all yet personally- so consider this more of a bucket list type collection of my personal, Canadian aspirations.
- Enchanting Forests Around The World These forests around the world, decorated with enchanting green plants, mossy stones, and blossoming flowers transport you into the pages of a fairytale. Including the forest in Germany that allegedly inspired the haunting children’s stories of the Brothers Grimm (if you have read the original works), rainforests in Canada that house mystical cream-colored Spirit Bears, and a forest in Belgium that blossoms millions of violet tinted bluebells every spring, these destinations are unique and truly mesmerizing. Spend hours or days touring these magical, forested areas- you just need a pocketful of breadcrumbs to lead you home.
- Best Cafes in Montreal's Old Port
- Must Visit Cities For Foodies The things we will do for food, wait in line for an hour, or travel thousands of miles - these destinations are the *top* of the top for serving up unforgettable culinary experiences that will be enough motivation to book a plane ticket. The cuisine is truly the beating heart of a city, sampling authentic dishes allows visitors to taste and understand both the culture and way of local life. Whether you want to munch on savory, fried street food in Osaka or dine at a romantic bistro in Paris, these foodie destinations are sure to make your mouth water.
- Best Pizza Places in Victoria, BC When you're in the mood for pizza, let this list be your guide for the best pizza in the city, chosen by the locals.
- Best Travel Destinations for Art Lovers We know the importance of visual aesthetics when it comes to travel. From the iconic Louvre museum in Paris to the gallery-lined streets of Chelsea in NYC, we present our selection of top cities for artists and art lovers to thrive. Fill countless days in your itinerary with creativity-focused activities at these bucket-list-worthy destinations.
- Best National Parks For Snorkeling And Diving Tour shipwrecks in freshwater ecosystems or witness turtles and schools of fish swarming in clear, tropical waters. For any snorkelers, divers, or just people who like to splash around- these are the next national parks you *need* to visit. Witness colorful fish and massive sharks, uncover hidden mysteries, and make the most of your diving license at these awe-inspiring, underwater destinations.
- Artsy Things To Do in Le Plateau & Mile End The neighboring Plateau and Mile End neighborhoods of Montreal Island are easily described as the artsiest and most eclectic, ideal for any travelers looking for some creative energy in their adventures. As someone currently staying in these flourishing areas, who is always on the lookout for new activities and exhibitions, these are currently some of the top bucket list artsy destinations between the two. Whether you want to gallery hop and see some contemporary work, spend the day lost in thrift stores, or pick up some moody 35mm film- these are the sights to see.
- 11 Ice-breaker stories about places I've been One of the coolest things about being a Seeker Ambassador is participating in the weekly #seekerchallenge that gets me tripping back in my memory (and in my photos) of the many places and experiences I've been a part of on this awesome planet. This one in particular is a fun one!
- Lesser Known National Parks Around The World If you are looking for something new this year to provide excitement, wilderness, and adventure to your travel plans- here are our top picks of the best, lesser-known, national parks from around the world. No matter if you are in Africa, Australia, or North America, if you are seeking mountain climbing or prefer trailing through shimmering rainforests of unique creatures and flowers, we have found the spot for you. Explore these hidden gem destinations that provide all the wonder and beauty, without the crowds.
- The NeverEnding Bucket List I love making sure things are firmly written down to put them in action! I want to do all these and More! Have you done any of these? I’ll continuously add when I complete something! Let’s go!
- This is the oh-so official list of every country I've ever been to (ever-ongoing)
- top day trips from burlington, vt Perfect for visitors who have an extra day to kill and locals who need to skip town (hey college move-in week). I've lived in Burlington for 10 years, and these are my favorite day-trips between 40mins-2 hours of BTV. From hikes and trails to breweries and swimming holes, here are my 10 favorite escapes.
- Top CBD-friendly Spas It's no wonder that CBD-infused wellness products and treats are popping up everywhere, cannabidiol induces relaxation, relieves pain, and has natural healing properties. From CBD-infused oil massages to skincare treatments, Spas have incorporated CBD to bring their services to an all-time high (pun intended). For the most luxurious CBD experiences, we have selected spas that offer an array of innovative wellness treatments- so get ready to enjoy the full benefits of natural remedies on your next getaway.
- Top Recreational Marijuana Dispensaries Around the World We are constantly seeking out the most interesting and unique dispensary experience across the globe. The dispensary culture boom is huge in the US, but we are excitedly watching this trend spread far and wide. From traditional cannabis coffeeshops along the canals in Amsterdam to giant dispensaries in Las Vegas, we are proud to present this list of our top recreational marijuana dispensaries.
- Places I want to visit before I die
- Countries My list of visited countries (broadly defined)
- Things to Do in Olympic National Park
- Best things to do at Glacier National Park
- Countries Of The World
- All Countries In North America