United States Utah Salt Flats
Bonneville Salt Flats
A vast, flat expanse in Utah renowned for land speed records, consisting of densely packed salt left by an ancient lake's evaporation.
Tips from the community
Perhaps the best day trip from Salt Lake City is a quick road trip to the Bonneville Salt Flats! This natural wonder is one you won't encounter anywhere else, so it's a must see! The Bonneville Salt Flats are an hour and half away from Salt Lake City, but the drive is worth every minute! The best part? No entry fee! If you choose to plan your trip around these flats, be sure to choose a day during the summer where you can drive across the salt flats! It's a truly spectacular experience to drive through. ✈ Be sure to grab some sunglasses before you head out! The sun reflects off of the salty surface and although it is stunning, without sunglasses, it's almost too bright to enjoy for very long!
paige 1 year ago
Bonneville Salt Flats, the largest salt flats in the US, is the perfect place to end your day in Salt Lake City. The colors of the sunset reflect perfectly off the crystalized surface of the salt flats, creating otherworldly photo opportunities.
emmabarfus 1 year ago
Bonneville Salt Flats Guides
- jvandergriff (Jody Vandergriff)
- paige (Paige Mesicek) The state of Utah certainly has no shortage of scenic views, charming mountain towns, and epic must-do's. Luckily, most of the dreamy destinations of Utah are only a day's trip away from Salt Lake City! While travelling, I made a point to search for all of the hidden gems, historical wonders, and backcountry secrets while staying true to the nature of the state. As I share these must-see locations, it is important to be mindful of nature – practice safe driving, leave no trace, and plan ahead of time! Even though these destinations require some drive time, it's important to remember that the adventure is in the journey and not just the destination! Turn up the radio, roll down the windows, and enjoy your travels to and from Salt Lake City!
- emmabarfus (Emma Lee) Utah is famous for having stunning natural beauty that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Thousands of visitors flock to the south of the state to drive through Zion National Park, hike in the iconic Arches National Park, or skydive over Moab’s red rock. Salt Lake City, the state’s capital, is often overlooked by travelers but that needs to change. This charming city sparks the perfect balance between bustling city life and relaxing nature. Hike through the Wasatch Mountains, sample the city’s unique international cuisine, ski in the "greatest snow on earth", and explore historical landmarks– Salt Lake City has something for everyone. Here's how to spend one perfect day in the Beehive state's capital from a native Utahn who has visited SLC hundreds of times!
- stillontheroad (Giada Matera)
- wheregoesnae (Denajia Lowery) Celebrating #EarthDay by sharing a few places in the U.S that make me go 😍 #seekerchallenge
- leah (Leah Fishman) #seekerchallenge