United States Lake Tahoe
A large, deep freshwater alpine lake straddling California and Nevada, known for its clear blue waters and surrounding mountainous terrain.
Tips from the community
Lake Tahoe, located in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, is a stunning winter destination for outdoor enthusiasts. With over 22,000 acres of skiing and snowboarding terrain, gorgeous snowy landscapes, and picturesque villages, visitors can enjoy activities such as skiing, snowmobiling, ice-skating, and snowshoeing. Additionally, Lake Tahoe offers cozy cabins and resorts for those looking for a warm retreat after a long day of exploring.
seeker 11 months ago
Enjoy a hidden cabin or beach retreat along the sparkling shores of this remote California destination with your sweetheart. Whether you seek refuge in a cozy resort or privacy in an adorable cabin, Lake Tahoe is brimming with options. This destination is perfect for nature lovers, and those who just want to get comfortable at the fireplace at the end of a long day.
seeker 3 years ago
The actual lake of Lake Tahoe is absolutely stunning. It's piercing blue, surrounded by towering snowcapped mountains all year long. There are picture perfect moments at every turn, and if you sit down and people watch, you'll see all kinds of "Instagram boyfriends" trying to get the perfect shot for their leading lady.
netanyas 3 years ago
Gorgeous! Went here for my cousin's wedding 20 years ago and it's beauty remains in my mind.
amanda.t.dwyer 3 years ago
Lake Tahoe Guides
- sarahgilliland (Sarah Gilliland) Places in the US that I haven’t visited (yet).
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Cold weather travel is a delight that often gets overlooked. Here at Seeker. we love cozying up by the fireplace in a snow-covered cottage, exploring the gorgeous pearly views of icy tundra, and walking through an impeccably-decorated Manhattan pretending we are starring in our very own Lifetime holiday film. We selected some of the most dreamy and wintery destinations around the world. How many have you been to?
- seeker (Seeker Editors) We always need a little away time with our honey. Whether you are just getting to know someone and looking to impress, or are already deep into your journey together, these destinations are sure to light that romantic spark. From well-known classic romantic spots to some of our personal favorite destinations, let's take a look into this sweet-like honey, enchanting and romantic summer getaway list.
- netanyas (Netanya Trimboli) This list tells the story of how I got started on travel and some of the most memorable spots along the way.
- amanda.t.dwyer (Amanda Dwyer) Coinciding with National Park week in the US, here are some of my favorite natural places to visit! #seekerchallenge
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff)