United States Vermont
Capital city of Vermont, renowned for its small-town charm, historic buildings, and as the least populous state capital in the U.S.
Tips from the community
Montpelier, the capital of Vermont, might be the United States’ smallest capital city, but it’s packed with fun and adventure. Montpelier is populated with dozens of historic 19th-century buildings, including the granite-columned Vermont State House building, and the surrounding Capitol District filled with several art spaces. When in Montpelier, make sure to check out its history museum, visit a maple sugarhouse, sample a maple creemee (soft serve ice cream), and hike in Hubbard Park.
laurenmack 1 year ago
Montpelier, the capital of Vermont, offers a charming small town vibe with historic architecture, boutique shops, and farm-to-table restaurants. It is surrounded by picturesque natural scenery perfect for outdoor activities such as hiking, skiing, and biking. Visitors can also explore the Vermont State House, the Hubbard Park tower, and museums highlighting the state's rich history.
seeker 11 months ago
- hellomontpelier (Hello Montpelier ) Voted "#1 Best Small Town for Shopping in America" by USA Today in 2021, Montpelier knows a little something about shopping small. With a rich history and vibrant downtown full of unique, locally owned businesses, Montpelier offers a local shopping experience like no other. From quaint boutiques to cozy cafes, the city provides a diverse array of options for every type of shopper.
- hellomontpelier (Hello Montpelier ) Foodies, gather round! Montpelier, Vermont's capital city has a scrumptious spread of dining options waiting for you. From farm-fresh restaurants putting the state's local flavors center stage to diverse eateries dishing up international cuisine, there's something for every taste bud in this charming town. Whether you're craving a cozy brunch or a fancy dinner, Montpelier's dynamic food scene is bound to leave you impressed. So, let's dive in and discover the best places to eat in this Vermont gem. Bon appétit!
- leah (Leah Fishman) Montpelier is a secret spot for vegan eating in Vermont, offering a super diverse selection of restaurants that cater to plant-based eaters. I've been plant-based for over 15 years and these are my go-to spots in town.
- leah (Leah Fishman) With its cute parks, mountain views, tranquil spas and yoga studios, Montpelier is the perfect destination for those seeking to refresh their mind, body, and spirit. Montpelier is full of hidden gems for rejuvenating your mind, moving your body, escaping the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
- hellomontpelier (Hello Montpelier ) Montpelier, Vermont is a small city with a thriving music scene. From jazz to folk to rock, there's a venue to suit every taste. Whether you're a local resident or just passing through, you'll find plenty of opportunities to experience live music in this picturesque city. Here, we'll take a closer look at some of the best places to catch a live performance in Montpelier, including both local favorites and hidden gems. So, grab a drink, find a seat, and get ready to enjoy the sounds of Montpelier's vibrant music scene.
- hellomontpelier (Hello Montpelier ) Montpelier, the capital city of Vermont, offers a super wide range of top-notch coffee shops. While the city is small, there's a surprisingly diverse selection of options available for those seeking a quality cup.
- hellomontpelier (Hello Montpelier ) Calling all dog lovers! If you're in search of a day trip destination that both you and your furry friend will enjoy, look no further than Montpelier, Vermont. This charming small town is filled with dog-friendly spots, scenic views, and plenty of opportunities for outdoor adventures. Grab your leash, pack your bags, and get ready to explore the Capital City city with your four-legged pal.
- hellomontpelier (Hello Montpelier ) Montpelier, the capital city of Vermont, is a charming destination with a rich history and an array of interesting attractions. Whether you're a history buff, a foodie, or just looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life, Montpelier has something to offer everyone. If you're a first-timer visiting Montpelier, this one-day itinerary will help you make the most of your time in this quaint New England town. Get ready to explore historic sites, sample delicious local cuisine, and experience the beauty of Montpelier.
- leah (Leah Fishman) Montpelier, Vermont is about as cute as it gets. This smallest-state-capital-in-the-US (population: 8,000 residents) is both a tourist haven and an actually really rad place to live. If you do live here, you know that it's the perfect spot for supporting local, celebrating community and enjoying nature. Here are my fave local hangs in the Capital City
- leah (Leah Fishman)
- leah (Leah Fishman) Ever walk into a tattoo stop and feel utterly ~uncomfy~? I've been laughed at, had my body critiqued, been told that certain placements (fingers, hands, ears) are off-limits for "pretty" women ... the list goes on, and I can't be the only one. Luckily, the industry is slowly becoming less gatekeepy, but it's still tough to find an artist and shop that gets (and totally accepts) your vibe. These Vermont studios are built on inclusivity, preach safety and comfort as a top priority, and welcome everyone, regardless of identity.
- leah (Leah Fishman)
- leah (Leah Fishman)
- leah (Leah Fishman) If you're a cannabis ~enthusiast~ in Vermont, you're in luck. Recreational dispensaries are popping up all over the state. But with so many options to choose from, it can be overwhelming to decide which to visit. From quality product to sweet customer care, this list covers all the essential information you need to know before making your purchase. So, sit back, relax, and enjoy the best recreational dispensaries in Vermont.
- travelwelldunn (Bryana Dunn) From starting point Maine, to New Hampshire, Vermont, & Boston! Here are some places and finds you should stop to complete your journey. Fall leaves, crisp air, nothing like a New England Fall.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) With 50 states across the USA boasting a vibrant and culturally rich capital city, there are plenty of awesome destinations for your next adventure. From ultra-trendy Salt Lake City to historical Boston, these beaming metropolises encompass the famously American melting pot. For some USA travel inspo, here is our list of every capital city across the country.
- leah (Leah Fishman) cozy european-style cities in north america
- leah (Leah Fishman) In September 2020, I sold all my stuff, packed up my car, and hit the road with my 12-year-old pup, Fiona. We started in Vermont and are currently in Mississippi. Up next: Tampa, FL
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) Planning to hit the road this summer? Check out these charming towns across America gushing with personality and history.