Wood Buffalo National Park of Canada
The largest national park in Canada, known for its vast wilderness, diverse wildlife, and protection of the last free-roaming wood bison.
- (867) 872-7960
Tips from the community
Located in northeast Alberta and northwest Saskatchewan, Wood Buffalo National Park of Canada is the largest national park in North America and one of the finest preserved caribou habitats in the world. It was recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1983 due to its unique biodiversity, cultural heritage, and scenic beauty. Visitors can explore the park's vast expanses of boreal forest, wetlands, and lakes, as well as witness the largest free-roaming bison herd in North America.
seeker 9 months ago
Wood Buffalo National Park is a vast wilderness area located in northern Alberta and the southern Northwest Territories. At 44,807 square kilometers, it's the largest national park in Canada and is home to a variety of wildlife, including bison, wolves, and endangered whooping cranes. Visitors can explore the park's diverse landscapes, from the boreal forest to the world's largest inland delta, or learn about the park's unique cultural history at the Fort Smith Historic Site.
seeker 9 months ago
Designated as one of the world's largest dark-sky preserves, Wood Buffalo National Park's skies feature clear displays of our milky and vast universe. Thanks to the restricted artificial light, the Wood Buffalo National Park also has some of the most stunning displays of aurora borealis in North America. Witness magical hues of green and purple dance throughout the night sky for a truly unforgettable experience.
seeker 3 years ago
Wood Buffalo National Park of Canada is one of the largest nationally preserved areas in the country, full of friendly animals, vast wilderness, and picturesque views. Tour exciting trails alongside forests and plains and witness bisons roaming meadows speckled with colorful wildflowers.
seeker 2 years ago
Wood Buffalo National Park of Canada Lists
- jillstegerrush (Jill Rush)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) If you are looking for something new this year to provide excitement, wilderness, and adventure to your travel plans- here are our top picks of the best, lesser-known, national parks from around the world. No matter if you are in Africa, Australia, or North America, if you are seeking mountain climbing or prefer trailing through shimmering rainforests of unique creatures and flowers, we have found the spot for you. Explore these hidden gem destinations that provide all the wonder and beauty, without the crowds.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Witness the extravagance of a dark sky filled to the brim with sparkling stars. From desert landscapes to sandy shores- these national parks share the protected night sky in common. This list includes designated "Dark-sky" destinations that display clear views of the milky way in the summertime, and misty hues of green aurora borealis during the frosty winter. Experience firsthand the magic of our universe in the form of endless twinkling lights and planets at our favorite stargazing spots across North America.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Canada is the second-largest country in the world and with a population less than the state of California, Canada has an endlessly sprawling natural landscape to explore. These national parks are famously well kept and dynamic in geography, featuring unique wildlife and breathtaking scenery.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Sprawling natural parks with unique wildlife, ancient and mysterious temples, world-renown monuments, and more- the continent of North America is one with a deep history to be uncovered. Explore some of humankind's most famous mysteries and witness nature's magnificence at these UNESCO designated world heritage sites across the massive continent.