United States New York New York
Statue of Liberty National Monument
A famous symbol of freedom and welcome, located on an island in New York's harbor, attracting tourists and representing hope for immigrants.
- (212) 363-3200
Tips from the community
The Statue of Liberty National Monument is an iconic monument that stands as a symbol of freedom and democracy. Located on Liberty Island in New York Harbor, this site attracts millions of visitors annually. The statue was designated as a World Heritage Site in North America, recognizing its cultural and historical significance as a beacon of hope for immigrants and a testament to human achievement in art and engineering.
seeker 9 months ago
No surprise to find Lady Liberty on this First Timer's Guide to NYC. Despite her popularity, she is definitely NOT overrated. The ferry ride alone makes it worth a visit. Be careful which ticket you purchase as the ride to Ellis Island does not guarantee you a trip up to the crown. Even if crown access is sold out, its still well worth a visit.
chiefseeker 8 months ago
The Statue of Liberty National Monument in New York, USA is one of the most iconic landmarks around the world. This towering statue stands at over 300 feet tall and has become an enduring symbol of freedom and democracy. Visitors can take a ferry to Liberty Island to tour the monument and enjoy stunning views of the New York City skyline.
seeker 9 months ago
The Statue of Liberty National Monument is one of the most iconic landmarks in the world, attracting millions of visitors annually. It serves as a prominent symbol of freedom and democracy, representing the nation's ideals and values. Visitors can take a ferry to Liberty Island and explore the statue, its museum, and the surrounding grounds for an unforgettable experience.
seeker 9 months ago
The Statue of Liberty National Monument in New York is an iconic symbol of American freedom and democracy. Immigrants arriving in the US were welcomed by Lady Liberty, as they sailed into New York Harbor. Visitors can take a ferry to Liberty Island to view the statue up close and explore the exhibits at the museum.
seeker 9 months ago
I highly recommend a trip to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island for kids and adults on a visit to NYC. It is a tremendous piece of art and history, and if your little ones enjoy learning new things, both places have great engagement programs for kids and adults.
mustangdmv 3 years ago
4 million visitors per year
seeker 2 years ago
Statue of Liberty National Monument Lists
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) Taking my daughter to NYC in April 2023 to celebrate the big 1-0!!!
- mustangdmv (Danielle Call) You may be wondering how someone that doesn't have kids can recommend things to do with kids. Well, we were all kids once and the very first time I was in NYC I was only 9 years old! There are a ton of great things to do in the city with kids.
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) New York is known as the city that never sleeps, and for good reason! There is no other city quite like it in the world. NYC is a cultural melting pot, filled with some of the world's most famous landmarks, restaurants galore, and attractions to keep you busy for weeks. As a first-timer to the city, it can be super overwhelming to decide what to see and where to go. This guide is here to help you navigate the city and get the most out of your first visit. And trust me... you will be back! Welcome to NYC!
- seeker (Seeker Editors) These attractions range from breathtaking to dazzling- with gorgeous natural landscapes, sparkling nightlife, and everything in between. No matter your USA plans, whether you are exploring natural parks, touring NYC, or visiting *every* iconic theme park in the country, life-changing experiences await. These are the most legendary tourist attractions across the United States, from the effervescent Las Vegas Strip to The Grand Canyon. Make it a trip to remember, and consider these spots for your USA bucket list.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) These monumental locations have maintained their status as bucket list-worthy travel destinations. Whether it's the iconic Hollywood sign that transports you into a movie or the dirt roads of Route 66, these landmarks are distinguished in how they have influenced culture across the US. Inspiring natural wonders, incredible architecture, sobering memorials, and outright stunning achievements of humanity: enjoy our Seeker-approved list of the most iconic landmarks in the US.
- bookedbyiman (Iman Childs) My spin on a travel bucketlist! From visiting Vanuatu to attending all 4 tennis Grand Slams, these are the places and unique experiences I'd love to see during my travels.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) These monumental locations have maintained their status as bucket list-worthy travel destinations. Whether it's the iconic Hollywood sign that transports you into a movie or the mysterious structure of Stonehenge that has puzzled historians for centuries, these landmarks are distinguished in how they have influenced culture across the globe. Inspiring natural wonders, conspiracy-inducing formations, and outright stunning achievements of humanity: enjoy our seeker-approved list of the world's most famous landmarks..
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Mark the occasion- literally, with these incredible travel landmarks across the planet. These destinations represent history and culture and have drawn travelers from all corners of the globe to take in their magnificence. Enjoy the view from The Empire State Building in NYC or snap a pic in front of the Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy. Become a part of history- let's explore these iconic Travel Landmarks.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Sprawling natural parks with unique wildlife, ancient and mysterious temples, world-renown monuments, and more- the continent of North America is one with a deep history to be uncovered. Explore some of humankind's most famous mysteries and witness nature's magnificence at these UNESCO designated world heritage sites across the massive continent.