United States Oregon
A scenic coastal town in Oregon known for its towering sea stack, abundant wildlife, and picturesque beachfront, drawing tourists and artists alike.
Tips from the community
Cannon Beach, nestled along the magnificent Oregon coast, is a highlight for travelers embarking on a Pacific Coast Highway road trip. Known for its iconic Haystack Rock towering 235 feet above the shoreline, this picturesque beach offers stunning views and a chance to explore tide pools teeming with marine life. A stop at Cannon Beach not only promises breathtaking coastal scenery but also a quaint town experience with art galleries, boutiques, and cozy cafes, making it one of the most scenic and charming stops along the Pacific Coast Highway.
seeker 3 months ago
Cannon Beach in Oregon, United States is a stunning coastal town known for its stunning beaches, iconic rock formations, and charming downtown area. The crescent-shaped beach is perfect for long walks and exploring tide pools, while Haystack Rock provides the perfect backdrop for sunset photos. With plenty of outdoor activities, local galleries, and restaurants, Cannon Beach is a must-visit destination for those searching for one of the best beaches in the world.
seeker 11 months ago
A few hours away from Portland, the Oregon coast. A not to be missed region of that states if you are in the area. It is worth it to explore up and down the coast, but this is the most famous beach. Does your dog love sun and surf? If so, this is their place.
jajajames 2 years ago
Not your normal beach. Of course, you can do all of your usual beach activities, but Cannon beach has huge rock formations that make your trip unlike any other beach trip, and since it's a short trip from Portland, you don't have to commit to a beach-only vacation.
rileyroberson 2 years ago
Cannon Beach is a scenic coastal city in Oregon known for its stunning beach, iconic Haystack Rock, and charming small-town atmosphere. Dogs are allowed on Cannon Beach as long as they are on a leash or under voice control of their owner.
seeker 10 months ago
Cannon Beach Guides
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Ready to hit the road and feast your eyes on some of the most stunning coastal views America has to offer? Buckle up, because the Pacific Coast Highway, also known as Highway 1, is a road tripper's dream—a ribbon of tarmac stretching along the edge of the western United States, flaunting ocean vistas, charming towns, and awe-inspiring landscapes that you'll be reminiscing about for years to come. As you wind your way from the misty shores of the north to the sun-kissed beaches in the south, there are some stops that simply can't be missed. So let's talk about the Pacific Coast Highway road trip and all the scenic pit stops that make this journey an adventure of a lifetime.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Looking for the best dog-friendly beaches in the US? You're in luck! Whether you're planning a day trip or a week-long vacation, there are plenty of options to choose from. From the rugged coastlines of Oregon to the warm waters of Florida, these top dog-friendly beaches offer something for every pup and their owner. So grab your beach gear, pack some treats for your furry friend, and get ready to explore the best dog-friendly beaches across the US.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) From adventurous rocky coastlines to sandy paradises perfect for relaxation, these beaches are sure to make your seaside dreams come true. We have a guilty pleasure for exploring beaches throughout our world travels and have chosen these as the most picturesque, ocean-side destinations across the planet. From penguin viewing on a sandy coast in South Africa to the crystal clear turquoise water of Tulum, put on some sandals and explore these gorgeous beaches for your next escape.
- camillem1998 (Camille Moinier)
- camillem1998 (Camille Moinier)
- jajajames (James Knowlton) A list for dogs and their humans. Portland has the nation’s highest dog park per capita with a total of 33 in the city! This list will have some of those, as well as eateries, and other outings for you and your furry friend.
- rileyroberson (Riley Roberson) Portland sits in the Pacific Northwest, but it also sits just a day trip away from some of the essential building blocks of being a human. And by that, I mean hiking, wine, and cheese. I love the cadence of downtown life and experience, but I understand time in a metro can generate an appetite for the slow and pleasant. That’s exactly the appetite the following places appease.