An iconic rocky island commune with a stunning medieval abbey located in the region of Normandy, France.
Tips from the community
Mont Saint-Michel is a spectacular rocky island situated off the coast of Normandy, France. The island is home to a beautiful medieval abbey that was built over the course of several centuries, starting in the 8th century. The island and its accompanying structures are a designated UNESCO World Heritage site, and visitors can take guided tours to explore the abbey and learn about its history.
seeker 6 months ago
Mont Saint-Michel, located on a rocky island off the coast of Normandy, France is one of the most famous landmarks in the world. It is famous for its spectacular views, medieval architecture, and unique location that offers an unforgettable experience. Visitors can explore the winding streets and narrow alleys, visit the towering abbey, and take breathtaking panoramic views of the surrounding seascape.
seeker 6 months ago
Featuring an 11th century Romanesque Abbey Church atop the mountain, complete with cloisters and monastery buildings, this culturally significant destination is perfect for history junkies and romantics alike. Post-card-worthy scenery encompassing you and your lover on this getaway, Mt. Saint Michel is the perfect escape to explore breathtaking nature with a touch of French cuisine and artistry.
seeker 2 years ago
I honestly thought this was photoshopped the first time I saw a photo of it, but alas, it is real, and it is ROMANTIC.
sarahlempa 3 years ago
Mont Saint-Michel Lists
- worldtravelista (Jessica Adza)
- michele (Michele Humeston) At the moment, there are 1,153 UNESCO World Heritage Sites dotted across the globe
- stillontheroad (Giada Matera)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Planning a romantic escape? Don't worry lovebirds, we have the list for you. Europe is always a good idea for romance, with ancient pathways intersecting top-of-the-line restaurants and picture-perfect scenery. These destinations throughout Europe are known for beauty and adventure, whether you want to eat your way through the candlelit eateries of Prague or steal a smooch overlooking the sprawling city of Barcelona.
- jeanlouise (Jean Tiston) This is a work in progress list that I would constantly update as I go along :)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) These monumental locations have maintained their status as bucket list-worthy travel destinations. Whether it's the iconic Hollywood sign that transports you into a movie or the mysterious structure of Stonehenge that has puzzled historians for centuries, these landmarks are distinguished in how they have influenced culture across the globe. Inspiring natural wonders, conspiracy-inducing formations, and outright stunning achievements of humanity: enjoy our seeker-approved list of the world's most famous landmarks..
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Throughout the vast continent of Europe, there are endless adventures to uncover. Here is a collection of the most awe-inspiring World Heritage sites across Europe, including mesmerizing landmarks, bustling cities, and gorgeous natural landscapes. Uncover some of the most mysterious and beautiful travel destinations on the planet with this bucket-list-worthy selection.
- LilliSmith (Lilli Smith)