United States Texas
A bustling city in North Texas, it's a cultural gateway into the American West and hosts a thriving arts scene and historic cattle-drive district.
Tips from the community
Opal Lee is considered the “Grandmother of Juneteenth,” and we can’t discuss the holiday without mentioning her activism. Lee, a Texas native, spent her childhood picnicking with her family every Juneteenth. As with many Black folks, she celebrated the holiday long before the federal government recognized it—which might not have happened without her. In 2016, at 89, Opal Lee walked from her home in Fort Worth, Texas, to Washington, D.C., on a mission to get Juneteenth named a national holiday. This year on June 18th, Lee will lead the city’s annual ‘Opal’s Walk For Freedom’ with a portion of the walk’s proceeds going towards a forthcoming National Juneteenth Museum set to open in 2024. The best part? If you’re not in Fort Worth, you can join Opal’s Walk virtually. For live music lovers, head to the ‘ I Am Juneteenth Festival’ hosted along the Trinity River with food vendors and family activities. And for sports fans, the Bill Pickett Invitational Rodeo honors a legendary cowboy and the beautiful legacy of Black cowboys and cowgirls. Have a few extra days to hang? Meet up with Black travel group Urban Events Global in Kilgore Texas for Urban Camp Weekend: the largest Black campout in the world.
briari 2 years ago
Fort Worth Guides
- madamedillon (Candy Dillon) My fave things to do in Texas .. well DFW that is ❤️❤️❤️
- grapevinetx (Grapevine Convention and Visitors Bureau ) Craving something sweet and round with a hole in the middle? Look no further than Grapevine, where the hunt for the perfect donut becomes an adventure in flavor and fun. Tucked away in this charming Texas town, you'll find a delightful array of donut shops, each with its own unique twist on this classic treat. Whether you're a fan of good old-fashioned glazed or you're eager to tantalize your taste buds with more inventive, artisanal concoctions, Grapevine has got you covered. Let's take a sugary stroll through the spots where you can satisfy that donut desire and perhaps discover your new favorite go-to.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Looking for fun activities to do with your family in Grapevine, TX? Well, you're in luck! This vibrant city is packed with fantastic options that both kids and grown-ups will enjoy. From thrilling amusement parks to fascinating museums, Grapevine offers a plethora of family-friendly attractions that guarantee a great time for all. Whether you're in the mood for outdoor adventures, exploring history and culture, or simply enjoying delicious food, this list has got you covered. So, grab your loved ones and get ready for some unforgettable experiences in Grapevine, Texas!
- seeker (Seeker Editors) These museums are bucket-list worthy destinations that are on the top of itineraries worldwide. From ancient treasures to contemporary design, there is something for everyone. Enjoy our expertly curated selection of the most breathtaking museums from around the world, merely a plane ride away.
- miracle (Miracle ) Miracle is a Christmas-themed pop-up cocktail bar that serves holiday cocktails in a festive setting. With kitschy holiday décor, professionally-developed cocktails and the nostalgic energy of the best office party you’ve ever been to, Miracle is sure to get even the grouchiest grinch in the holiday spirit.