Tips from the community
morganthomasbernard 3 years ago
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Las Vegas may not have a famous gay bar scene like Miami or San Fransisco, but Sin City brings the energy and flair in spades! Vegas' best gay bars tend to be dives, many of which reside on the "Fruit Loop"—a designated district for gay bars just east of the Strip. Beyond the Loop, you'll find that most Vegas bars, clubs, and events welcome the LGBTQ+ community with open arms, even if they don't cater exclusively to it. This is Vegas, after all.
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) Carson City, the vibrant capital of Nevada, offers a wide range of activities and attractions that will captivate locals and tourists alike. From exploring the city's fascinating history to indulging in adrenaline-pumping outdoor adventures, this list compiles the very best things to do and see in Carson City. Whether you're a history buff, an outdoor enthusiast, or simply someone in search of a memorable experience, this guide has it all. So, fasten your seatbelts and get ready to discover the hidden gems and must-visit spots that make Carson City a true gem of the Silver State.
- travelwelldunn (Bryana Dunn) It was a quick group trip that turned solo at the last minute. You don’t think of going to Vegas solo but it can be done.
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) Long gone are the days of cheap all you can eat buffets. Today's Las Vegas is all about world class cuisine coupled with experiences only found in sin city.
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff)
- tarahchieffi (Tarah Chieffi) Vegas has changed a lot over the years, but you can still get a peek at the early years of Sin City at these spots.
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) If you're a history buff and find yourself in Carson City, you're in luck! This charming city has a treasure trove of fascinating attractions that will transport you back in time. Whether you're interested in the wild west, territorial politics, or the silver mining boom, Carson City has got you covered. From historic state buildings to intriguing museums and even the occasional ghost tour, there's something here to pique the interest of all history enthusiasts. So, grab your walking shoes and get ready to dive into the rich history that Carson City has to offer!
- clumsygirltravels (Marika Devan) Saloons are bars popular in the old west and really fun places to grab a drink.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Looking to explore the gaming scene in South Shore Lake Tahoe? Whether you're a seasoned gambler or just looking for some casual fun, South Shore Lake Tahoe offers a wide range of gaming options to suit every taste. From world-class casinos with their dazzling array of slot machines and table games to cozy poker rooms and sportsbooks, there's something for everyone here. So, get ready to roll the dice, spin the wheel, and hopefully strike it lucky as we dive into the Guide to Gaming in South Shore Lake Tahoe. Get ready for an unforgettable adventure!
- seeker (Seeker Editors) So, you're looking for some great breakfast spots in Stateline, NV, huh? Well, you're in luck because this little town has a surprising number of delicious options to kickstart your morning. Whether you're in the mood for a classic American breakfast, a mouthwatering stack of pancakes, or a hearty Mexican burrito, Stateline has it all. From cozy diners serving up fluffy omelettes to trendy cafes with artisanal pastries, you're sure to find a spot that suits your taste buds. So, let's dive right in and discover the best breakfast spots in Stateline, NV.
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) That's right...with kids. Although not traditionally thought of as a child-friendly destination, Las Vegas offers tons of activities for the little ones. Don't forget to book a babysitter for at least one date night on the town though. ;)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) So, you find yourself in Stateline, NV? Lucky you! This charming town is not just known for its glitzy casinos and jaw-dropping panoramic views; it also boasts some seriously awesome bars. Whether you're a local looking for a new hangout spot or a visitor seeking the perfect place to unwind after a day of exploring Lake Tahoe, we've rounded up a list of our absolute favorite bars in Stateline. From laid-back watering holes with an Old West vibe to trendy cocktail lounges that serve up creative concoctions, there's something here for every taste and vibe. So grab a drink, kick back, and get ready to discover the best spots to quench your thirst in Stateline, NV. Cheers!
- stillontheroad (Giada Matera) Heading to Lake Tahoe for the first time during Summer time to experience the great lake life ⛱
- jrfrancis (Rich Francis)
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) If you are a fan of long and serene drives, then the Nevada portion of Route 50 is the perfect destination. Known as the "Loneliest Road in America," this 287-mile stretch of road offers a unique and unforgettable road trip experience. The road may be long and barren, but it boasts some stunning natural beauty and historic landmarks, including ghost towns and mining communities that are frozen in time. Be cautious while embarking on this journey and ensure to fill the tank at every gas station along the way, as you never know when the next one will appear. Welcome to the Loneliest Road in America!
- farhankhalid (Farhan Khalid) Ok this is pretty odd but I would like to take selfies in places with these names.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) From jaw-dropping mountain vistas to crystal clear blue waters, this picturesque destination boasts some seriously Insta-worthy spots. Whether you're an avid adventurer or simply in search of a stunning backdrop for your feed, South Shore Lake Tahoe has it all.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) While in town for DMA West consider these delicious options for a night out on the town. From cozy eateries nestled among the towering pine trees to trendy spots with stunning lake views, this list has got you covered. So, get ready to discover the best restaurants near Tahoe Blue Events Center that will leave you with a happy belly and a memorable dining experience.
- rambofam1 (Diane Bowers Rambo)
- bachechib (Brandi Bachechi) These are the top 4 places I would love to visit someday soon.
- Read more...
In 2019, White Sands National Park became America’s 62nd national park. Two years later, New River Gorge National Park became the nation’s 63rd. Now we’re all wondering: which park will take the title next? Lucky for us, the top contenders for America’s next national park include scenic national forests, ancient cultural sites, lazy rivers, and […]
- Read more...
Rugged mountains, giant boulders, desert wildlife, and the famous Joshua Tree yucca plants span across the 800,000-acre landscape protected as Joshua Tree National Park. Go hiking, rock climbing, birding, stargazing, or horseback riding to explore the tranquil environment in this Southern California national park. Gaze at impressive panoramic vistas, learn about California’s mining history, explore […]
- Read more...
Recreational marijuana has seen exponential growth and acceptance since Colorado first passed Colorado Amendment 64 nearly a decade ago, legalizing recreational use for adults 21 and over. Since that big day, other states have followed suit, falling like dominos in their efforts to legalize and commercialize recreational marijuana use. Today, over 36 states have legalized […]