United States Louisiana New Orleans
A vibrant musical hub in New Orleans known for live jazz, eclectic bars, and artsy vibe in the Marigny neighborhood.
- Frenchmen Street
Tips from the community
Frenchmen Street, nestled in the Marigny neighborhood just adjacent to the French Quarter, is renowned for its vibrant nightlife and live music scene, buzzing with a multitude of jazz clubs, bars, and restaurants. The street presents a more local and authentic New Orleans experience compared to the more tourist-centered Bourbon Street, attracting visitors and residents alike with its eclectic mix of sounds ranging from traditional jazz to blues and reggae. A stroll down Frenchmen Street after dark offers a sensory feast, with music spilling into the streets, local art markets, and the scents of Creole cuisine tempting passersby.
seeker 3 months ago
Frenchmen Street in New Orleans is renowned for its vibrant music scene and colorful murals, making it a hot spot for Instagram enthusiasts seeking a blend of culture and visual appeal. The eclectic mix of live jazz clubs, funky art markets, and local eateries offers a picturesque backdrop that captures the soul of the city, perfect for those looking to add a touch of authentic NOLA charm to their feed. With its lively ambiance and street performances, visitors can snap a myriad of Instagram-worthy photos that showcase the dynamic and artistic spirit of New Orleans.
seeker 3 months ago
Vibrant, buzzing, and oozing character- any street photographers traveling to NoLa won't want to miss this destination. Frenchmen Street is at the heart of New Orleans's culture, complete with historical architecture, sparkling lights, and busy streets embracing celebration.
madeleineray 2 years ago
Frenchman Street is where the artsy scene is in NOLA — it’s filled with musicians, brightly painted buildings, artists and sidewalk cafes.
theblondeabroad 4 years ago
Frenchmen Street Guides
- leah (Leah Fishman)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) New Orleans, fondly known as the Big Easy, is a vibrant tapestry of culture, music, and mouthwatering cuisine, making it a photographer's paradise at every turn. Imagine strolling through a city where every corner whispers a story, and every colorful building begs to be captured. From the iconic wrought-iron balconies of the French Quarter to the enchanting tree-lined paths of City Park, you're never far from a scene worth snapping. Whether you're looking for that perfect jazz-infused backdrop, a mural adorned with local artistry, or the lush greenery of the Garden District, NOLA's eclectic mix of Instagrammable spots is as diverse as its legendary Mardi Gras parades. So, charge up your camera, clear some space on your phone, and let's dive into the photogenic heart of New Orleans – just be ready for your feed to overflow with the soul of this unforgettable city.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Get ready to dive into the vibrant heart and soul of New Orleans, a city where every neighborhood tells its own unique story. From the soulful melodies floating through the jazz-filled air of the French Quarter to the oak-lined streets of the Garden District, there's a slice of the Big Easy to satisfy every curiosity. Whether you're looking to indulge in Creole cuisine, catch a second line parade, or find the perfect venue for an unforgettable night out, our neighborhood guide is your personal roadmap to discovering the rich culture, historic charm, and lively spirit tucked away in every corner of this iconic city. So, grab your favorite pair of walking shoes, and let's stroll through the colorful tapestry that is New Orleans!
- hiusa (HI USA ) Want to learn about New Orleans culture? Here are some places to visit when travelling to New Orleans! Recommendations from local HI USA Volunteers and Staff.
- madeleineray (Madeleine Ray) New Orleans has long been a dream destination for photographers, and as an aspiring photographer myself, I have found myself searching to uncover some of the most picturesque destinations- so, of course, I needed to share. Whether you are interested in photographing architecture, street photography, or gorgeous nature, New Orleans has some truly breathtaking locations that are camera-ready. So I recommend making space in your bag for your favorite cameras, let's take a look into New Orleans's best destinations for photographers.
- theblondeabroad (Kiersten Rich) Welcome to the weird, wonderful, and truly one-of-a-kind streets of the Big Easy. Even if you’ve been all over the United States, you’ve never been anywhere quite like New Orleans before. Often lost in the so-called flyover country, Louisiana is an undiscovered gem for countless tourists.