Spain Comunidad de Madrid Madrid
Museo Nacional del Prado
One of the most famous art museums in Madrid, showcasing an extensive collection of masterpieces from renowned European artists.
- 23 Calle de Ruiz de Alarcón
- 913 30 28 00
Tips from the community
The Prado National Museum, or Museo Nacional del Prado, is the main national art museum in Spain. It is located in central Madrid and is reachable from various parts of the city. Established in 1819, Prado Museum is known for having the finest collection of European art that dates from the 12th century. On its walls, you will find the finest works of Spanish, Italian, and Flemish schools such as Velázquez' Las Meninas and Goya's Third of May, 1808. A little more art to enjoy!
reinacartagena 3 years ago
Museo Nacional del Prado is a must-visit destination boasting a remarkable collection of paintings, sculptures, and art from all over the world. It's regarded as one of the best museums in the world with a vast array of masterpieces by some of the most notable artists in history. Visitors can enjoy an unforgettable journey exploring the collections of Velázquez, Goya, and Rubens, among many others, while immersing themselves in the rich history of Spanish and European art.
seeker 6 months ago
The Museo Nacional del Prado is one of Europe's most iconic museums, home to a world-renowned collection of Spanish masterpieces. The Prado's stunning architecture and extensive galleries showcase works by some of the greatest artists in history, including Goya, Velázquez, and El Greco. Visitors can expect to be transported through centuries of Spanish art and culture, while experiencing the grandeur and beauty of one of Europe's most celebrated museums.
seeker 6 months ago
Museo Nacional del Prado Lists
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) Madrid wins the award for the most underrated city in my book. We planned a quick stay here before heading to Barcelona and ended up leaving a piece of our hearts. These were our favorite spots and could be done in 2-3 days. But the best thing to do in Madrid is to just get lost in the streets.
- reinacartagena (Reina Cartagena ) Considered as one of the liveliest city's in Europe, Madrid is the capital city of Spain and has everything you could ever want to create a great vacation. Madrid is a dynamic city and is a perfect place to explore Spanish culture and history. Here is how I would spend 1 day in Madrid!
- seeker (Seeker Editors) The rich amount of knowledge to be gained throughout your European travels is boundless. Throughout our journey, we have found these museums to encompass the centuries-old history throughout the continent. Including iconic art galleries such as the Louvre and historical preservation museums like the Anne Frank House, here are our recommendations for bucket-list museum destinations in Europe.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) These museums are bucket-list worthy destinations that are on the top of itineraries worldwide. From ancient treasures to contemporary design, there is something for everyone. Enjoy our expertly curated selection of the most breathtaking museums from around the world, merely a plane ride away.