The Taj Mahal is an ivory marble mausoleum that was created to house the tomb of the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan's late wife, Mumtaz Mahal, in 1632. This breathtaking structure is often regarded as one of the world's seven wonders and has been designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The gorgeous architectural beauty on display at this breathtaking structure is truly unmatched across the globe.
The glittering marble Taj Mahal is the ultimate monument to love. The building is a mausoleum built by Mughal emperor, Shah Jahan, for his wife, Mumtaz, in the 17th century. The monument is at its best at sunrise or sunset when the white marble embedded with precious stones and Islamic calligraphy turns rose or gold.
Taj Mahal Map
Taj Mahal Lists
- Places to See Before I Die This is a work in progress list that I would constantly update as I go along :)
- The NeverEnding Bucket List I love making sure things are firmly written down to put them in action! I want to do all these and More! Have you done any of these? I’ll continuously add when I complete something! Let’s go!
- Places I've Been
- World Heritage Sites in Asia Across the vast, diverse continent of Asia, there are seemingly endless World Heritage Sites to explore. Visit the sparse atomic bomb dome in Hiroshima, or walk for hours along the towering Great Wall of China. From sprawling rustic temple grounds to ancient statues of civilizations past- here is a collection of some of the prominent World Heritage Sites in Asia.
- Iconic Travel Landmarks Mark the occasion- literally, with these incredible travel landmarks across the planet. These destinations represent history and culture and have drawn travelers from all corners of the globe to take in their magnificence. Enjoy the view from The Empire State Building in NYC or snap a pic in front of the Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy. Become a part of history- let's explore these iconic Travel Landmarks.
- Do Before I Die Destinations This is my big bucket list of places to see before I die. #seekerchallenge
- Coolest Things To Do in Asia Asia has no limit on life-changing experiences and gorgeous views, no matter where you travel in the vast continent. From the natural healing properties of the Dead Sea to the lush botanical gardens of Singapore, Asia is full of culturally rich treasures and well-preserved temples and shrines that you can see first hand. Throughout our travels in Asia, we have put together a list of some of the most awe-inspiring experiences, including climbing to the top of Mount Fuji and taking in the vibrant market square of Kathmandu, this list is full of the coolest experiences across the board so that you are ready for your next big vacay.
- The Most Famous Landmarks Around the World These monumental locations have maintained their status as bucket list-worthy travel destinations. Whether it's the iconic Hollywood sign that transports you into a movie or the mysterious structure of Stonehenge that has puzzled historians for centuries, these landmarks are distinguished in how they have influenced culture across the globe. Inspiring natural wonders, conspiracy-inducing formations, and outright stunning achievements of humanity: enjoy our seeker-approved list of the world's most famous landmarks..
- Places that make me feel good Corners of the world that I would like to visit and that I have visited
- Most famous landmarks around the world
- Dream places to visit before I kick the bucket Northern Lights! Cape Town vineyards! Sunrise safaris in the middle of nowhere somewhere in Tanzania! This list is constantly evolving, growing, and going crazy up in my brain all the time — seeing as I'm always discovering new places that seize my attention (and travel budget). These are a handful of places I haven't made it to yet but they're seriously on my radar for the future... Let's gooo! #seekerchallenge