San Francisco Bay Area is where I found a second home <3
San Francisco is the beating heart of gay pride throughout the USA. As a major backdrop of the journey LGBTQ+ Americans faced- SF establishes itself as a must-see destination to embrace LGBTQ+ history and culture. This June visit this gorgeous and welcoming town for festivities and joy around every corner- and not to mention historical sites and rainbow flags.
- Save Me San Francisco by Train - Calling San Francisco by Tommy Castro - Fake Tales of San Francisco by Arctic Monkeys - San Francisco by The Mowgli's - San Francisco by 5 Seconds of Summer - San Francisco by Niall Horan - San Francisco by Galantis ft Sofia Carson - San Francisco (You've Got Me) by Village People
Historically a thriving LGBTQ+ destination, San Francisco proudly hosts a vibrant scene with plenty of cool activities and friendly people. There are several exciting LGBTQ+ events throughout the year in SF and a fun nightlife culture that is a must for anyone looking to party. Check out San Francisco's massive pride festival in June for a busy itinerary or just stop by for the usual sites and make your way to some of the most iconic gay clubs in the world.
San Francisco is *the* spot to celebrate pride in the USA, with fun events, a world-famous parade, and one of the most LGBTQ+ friendly cultures, all beneath the beautiful California sun. Small and large festivities take place along every winding street of the city so be prepared for a busy itinerary.
In San Francisco the party starts from May 2nd onward, this energetic city is easily one of the best places in the world to be in early May for tasty Mexican food and fun activities. Including entire days packed with live performances from Bay Area artists, world-famous Mexican cuisine, and exciting specials and events popping up throughout the city, there is no end to options of how to spend this lively holiday. Check out the family-friendly annual Cinco de Mayo celebration that is held in the historical Mission District of the city, and enjoy live mariachis, salsa ensembles, and mouthwatering Mexican street food, and of course- fiesta.
San Francisco is one of America's favorite destinations. This cosmopolitan melting pot is perfect for a packed itinerary. The hilly streets of SF are lined with shopping boutiques, cozy coffee shops, and mouthwatering restaurants. Take a stroll through Golden Gate Park, drink bubble tea in Chinatown, visit Fisherman's Wharf, tour Alcatraz Island, and more in this iconic destination.
When: April 20th, 2021 Where: Golden Gate Park, San Fransisco, California, USA 4/20 at Hippie Hill is a tradition that dates back to the 70’s. Each year, tens of thousands of people arrive in San Fransisco from all over the world to celebrate the ganja plant in one amazing 420 friendly event. This year marks the first that attendees can actually purchase weed inside the park, so we’re thinking that 2021 is going to be a seriously special smoke out.
San Francisco Map
San Francisco Lists
- "Me" Places (and this is one of the reasons why my name on social media is stillontheroad)
- My Favorite Italian Restaurants in California
- San Francisco Favorites Activities: Conservatory of Flowers, Fort Point, Nob Hill, Embarcadero, Cable Cars, City Tour, Presidio| |Food: Belly, Mo’s Grill, Trattoria Contadina, Ferry Building, Ghirardelli Square, Boudin, Tony’s Pizza Napoletana| |Bars: Blackbird, The Edge
- Best Parks To Picnic In Across The USA Pack your favorite basket because we are going on a picnic. These parks across the US are tried and tested, locally loved picnic spots that we personally think are the *best* in the country. From tropical gardens to sprawling meadows, there is no shortage of quaint scenery to lay down your favorite blanket and indulge in a tasty lunch with friends. Including classics like Central Park, and historical reserves such as the Walden Pond- Check out these picks for your next big picnic.
- My Travel Story This list tells the story of how I got started on travel and some of the most memorable spots along the way.
- Cities Celebrating Pride in 2021 These US cities are working quickly to vaccinate the population and return to a sense of normalcy- and while cases drop exponentially we can finally take steps outside beneath the sunshine and let our rainbow flags fly proudly. These cities are opening up fast to bring back Pride- from historical marches in NYC to party beaches of Miami, there is no *wrong* way to celebrate. Check out our list of the coolest pride festivals scheduled this year, because it's going to be one you will never forget.
- Places I've Been
- Places about Songs...NO, Songs about Places I love music. I listen to it every moment I can, so I decided to make a list about Places mentioned in songs. YOU are more than welcome to help out with this list, since there are a lot of songs out there! ♥️
- LGBTQ+ Friendly Cities This year travel to destinations that embrace all with wide open arms and rainbow colors. Stroll along historic pathways in NYC at the birthplace of Pride or party all night long down under at Sydney's famous LGBTQ+ Mardi Gras celebration- the possibilities of LGBTQ+ travel are endless, colorful, and exciting. Whether you prefer more low-key activities like cozying up in a coffee shop or want to get lost in the sparkling nightlife culture of a new country, we have the place for you. With access to history, culture, and yes- parties, add these exciting destinations to your LGBTQ+ travel list.
- The Best Cinco de Mayo Celebrations Cinco de Mayo marks the historic win of the Mexican army against the French way back in 1862, and the party hasn't stopped since. Pitchers of refreshing beverages underneath sunny skies, endless plates of fresh tacos and tortilla chips, mariachi bands, and we're just getting started. While Cinco de Mayo is an important holiday in Mexico, the parties in the US are some of the flashiest across the globe. Enjoy vibrant Mexican culture which is an integral piece of the fabric of the United States. Dance the day away in top US destinations such as San Antonio or Los Angeles, or experience a more historical perspective at the birthplace of the holiday in Pueblo, Mexico. Here are some of our favorite spots to hit during early May to enjoy mouthwatering food, and amazing parties that last the whole week.
- Best Locations for your Summer Getaway in the USA Explore cosmopolitan San Francisco, relax along the coast of crystal clear turquoise waters in Florida, or discover the thriving art scene of historical Burlington, your vacation dreams are ready to be brought to life. Whether you are planning a weekend getaway or a month-long excursion, we have selected our top destinations in the US. These locations offer great weather, plenty of activities, family-friendly options, and picturesque scenery, so get ready- this summer is about to be awesome.
- Top Recreational Marijuana Dispensaries Around the World We are constantly seeking out the most interesting and unique dispensary experience across the globe. The dispensary culture boom is huge in the US, but we are excitedly watching this trend spread far and wide. From traditional cannabis coffeeshops along the canals in Amsterdam to giant dispensaries in Las Vegas, we are proud to present this list of our top recreational marijuana dispensaries.
- California Road Trip 2020 This summer we are hitting the open road in an RV and exploring California’s National Parks and the coast.
- Things to do in San Francisco with Kids My favorite kid-friendly spots in the city by the bay
- San Francisco's Famous Houses Marvel at San Francisco's beautiful and unique architecture while visiting these houses with a famous past.
- West Coast Road Trip
- Most photogenic spots in San Francisco Whether you are seeking the money shot of the Golden Gate Bridge or the perfect selfie for instagram, these spots will not disappoint.
- San Francisco Hikes and Trails There is no better way to see San Francisco than on foot. The views are epic and the hills will make you feel like a bad ass.
- World's Most Popular Destinations
- San Francisco Must Sees A list of must sees in the city by the bay