Y2K came in with a blast of festivities, fireworks and excitement at the long-awaited Sydney Summer Olympic Games. The world tuned in ‘Down Under’ to watch as the athletes performed in the cool southern hemisphere winter, bathing in balmy sunlight. Gaining acclaim across the map, these games were one of the most unforgettable, resulting in Sydney now being one of the top travel destinations across the world.
Rainbow flags line every corner of this shimmering metropolis for the annual Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras. Sydney impresses year-round with a flourishing LGBTQ+ culture. Visit the famous Rainbow Ribbon which is one of the largest LGBTQ+ neighborhoods in the city, along with other cool must-see spots for LGBTQ+ travel including Oxford Street and Newtown.
Sydney is the biggest city in Australia and is often recognized as a cultural hub boasting plenty of cool tourist attractions and delicious restaurants to try. This multicultural destination offers incredibly scrumptious culinary options, often at a decent price, and reliable public transportation that is also easy to use. We recommend getting an Opal Card to get around, this rechargeable card allows easy access to trains, ferries, buses, and the metro in both Sydney and the surrounding area. Sydney is truly a sparkling metropolis, and also quite safe, only needing basic street smarts to avoid any trouble. Enjoy the gorgeous view of the Sydney harbor, and the plentiful events and attractions at this location down under.
Ok, I’ll say it: anyone who says there’s a better city than Sydney to celebrate an epic New Year’s Eve is lying. So there. I said it. Sure, I may or may not be subjective on this, but let me assure you: Sydney knows how to put on a good show.
You may have to contend with bone-crunching crowds as you find a vantage point on that glorious harbor, but once those fireworks start, you’ll be so mesmerized that you’ll totally forget that you’re sharing the spectacle with 1.5 million friends-you’ve-yet-to-meet.
The Foti Fireworks family has been at the helm of celebration in Sydney for over a decade, and they never fail to impress. Sydney’s NYE fireworks consistently rate as the best in the world, with over 1 billion people watching the live show across the globe. Do yourself a favor, though, especially if your 20s are long gone: book a table at one of the many waterfront restaurants and watch the visual extravaganza in comfort. It’ll set you back a few, that’s for sure, but if you’ve never experienced that kind of crowd, trust that it will be exceptionally overwhelming. Buying a little personal space in Sydney, on NYE, is priceless. And so is the show.
- Theatre around the World 🌎 🎭🎼
- Last 10 Cities That Hosted The Summer Olympics We took a little trip down memory lane and *virtually* visited the 10 most recent Summer Olympic Games host cities. Check out how each city celebrated the occasion, and consider adding these exciting destinations to your bucket list. The Olympics have long been an international celebration dedicated to promoting travel and connection between countries far and wide, and with the current games underway, get in the spirit and let's take a look at these iconic, historical destinations.
- My Wanderlust Wishlist My spin on a travel bucketlist! From visiting Vanuatu to attending all 4 tennis Grand Slams, these are the places and unique experiences I'd love to see during my travels.
- LGBTQ+ Friendly Cities This year travel to destinations that embrace all with wide open arms and rainbow colors. Stroll along historic pathways in NYC at the birthplace of Pride or party all night long down under at Sydney's famous LGBTQ+ Mardi Gras celebration- the possibilities of LGBTQ+ travel are endless, colorful, and exciting. Whether you prefer more low-key activities like cozying up in a coffee shop or want to get lost in the sparkling nightlife culture of a new country, we have the place for you. With access to history, culture, and yes- parties, add these exciting destinations to your LGBTQ+ travel list.
- The Best Destinations for Solo Travellers Stuck trying to find inspo for your next solo adventure? Or are you brand new and looking to wet your feet? Don't worry seeker, we have you covered. Across the world, we have chosen our favorite destinations complete with safety, excellent public transportation, and endless activities to fill up a dynamic itinerary. Enjoy a cafe au lait along the Seine river in Paris or embrace solitude in the tranquil rainforests of Costa Rica, the opportunities are endless. Whether you would like to meet like-minded folks in an eclectic hostel and party the night away beachside or eat, pray, love yourself through a transformative escape into the culture of unexplored terrains, we have selected the top destinations for solo travelers around the world so that you can relax and finally start planning your adventure.
- Forbes' Top 50 in Travel Across all continents, Forbes has selected their pick for the top 50 travel destinations. Explore the gorgeous hues of Jaipur or the bustling neon glow of Seoul, relax beachside after partying all night in Ibiza or try on eclectic Harajuku fashion in Tokyo. Across our planet there is so much to see and discover, so come on seekers as we explore this awe-inspiring list of destinations.
- Sydney, Lord Howe Island, New South Wales, Australia
- Must go here
- World's Most Popular Destinations
- Bomb Cities to Celebrate NYE