I may be biased for wanting to add Lisbon to this list as I’ve lived here for the past year and a half. However, after doing some research, I quickly discovered that Portugal has some of the best LGBTQ+ laws to protect our community’s human rights in the EU. Same-sex marriage and adoption has been legal for 11 years now, and the government outlawed discrimination based on sexual orientation 17 years ago. Add some of the most dazzling beaches in Europe, drag shows that will leave you wanting more, and a nightlife scene that just doesn’t quit—a visit is a must! My wife and I have made this welcoming city our base and our love not only feels accepted but celebrated here.
Lisbon’s coworking community is on the up and up, and with good reason. It’s pretty hard to disagree with 300 days of sunshine per year, fabulous eateries, and killer nightlife. Community meet ups are common, making it easy to find your niche in the growing tech scene. It’s trendy and exciting, yet simultaneously laidback. Even if you’re not working over an espresso, you’ll probably end up hanging out at one of the enticing coffee shops regardless. Cost of living: $1,970 USD per month WiFi: 21 mbps
- My Wanderlust Wishlist My spin on a travel bucketlist! From visiting Vanuatu to attending all 4 tennis Grand Slams, these are the places and unique experiences I'd love to see during my travels.
- Capital Cities of Europe Coastal towns and sparkling metropolises, across the sprawling continent of Europe there is so much to uncover and experience. Whether you seek picturesque villages painted in pastel colors or cosmopolitan flair, Europe has the perfect city for you to explore. Here is our collection of capital cities in Europe.
- Forbes' Top 50 in Travel Across all continents, Forbes has selected their pick for the top 50 travel destinations. Explore the gorgeous hues of Jaipur or the bustling neon glow of Seoul, relax beachside after partying all night in Ibiza or try on eclectic Harajuku fashion in Tokyo. Across our planet there is so much to see and discover, so come on seekers as we explore this awe-inspiring list of destinations.
- Top Cities for Digital Nomads Whether it's beside sandy beaches with crystal clear blue water or amongst the winding cobblestone roads of an old European city, we put together a list of our personal favorite digital nomad hot spots. We know every digital nomad needs high-speed internet, safety, and a great community around them. From Chiang Mai to Lisbon, whether you are a novice or experienced, try out our tried and tested top digital nomad destinations for your next temporary home.
- Best Activities for Plus Size Travelers in Lisbon Lisbon is the glistening gem of Portugal. The capital city will tease you with bright, unique architecture, sprawling views and scents that make your nose dance. Get lost in its twisted alleyways and discover the heartbeat of the city. The hills that surround Lisbon are not for the faint of heart and steep inclines can sometimes seem daunting. However, rest assured, there are still ways to enjoy the city at any accessibility level and all activities listed are located near public transportation or can be driven to.
- World's Most Popular Destinations