Chile Magallanes and Chilean Antarctica
Torres del Paine
World-renowned national park and ice-covered land in Chile's southernmost region, offering stunning landscapes, glaciers, and abundant wildlife.
Tips from the community
Formerly at the top of my Bucket List until 2016 when I completed the "Q" circuit with my best trekking friend. Whatever kind of trek you're looking for, Torres del Paine will not disappoint you. Unless of course, you show up unprepared. Some key advice to consider before, during, and after this adventure: Keep your food and snacks out of your packs and pockets and off the ground at night or you'll wake up with mouse holes in your gear. The weather and wind can change in an instant. Pack your bag for all seasons. You're not a wuss if you bring hiking poles. Young, fit, experienced trekkers will meet with Hiker's knee if they're not careful here. Most camps have a Free Food bin. Take a peek and you'll be pleasantly surprised at what people will leave behind and up for grabs. Grab it! When you complete the trek and arrive back in Puerto Natales, reward yourself with a satisfying meal. But take a shower first. Mesita Grandé is a known favorite for its pizzas and pints (*in Chile a pint = un "schop"). There are also some cafés and pubs with great vibes to celebrate your epic trek. Remember to leave no trace while you're exploring this legendary land.
the.vagrant.optimist 3 years ago
Torres del Paine is an ideal honeymoon destination with its stunning mountain ranges, crystal-clear lakes, and abundant wildlife offering a romantic and adventurous experience. Magallanes, the southernmost region of Chile, is a perfect destination for couples who want to explore the wilderness and the stunning beauty of Patagonia. And for those who want to experience something truly unique, a trip to Chilean Antarctica will provide an unforgettable honeymoon adventure full of scenic beauty, incredible wildlife, and once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
seeker 8 months ago
Torres del Paine Lists
- leah (Leah Fishman) If I don't get to sip tea in Sri Lanka's hillside, read books in the Lake District, cozy up with Christmas lights in Zermatt, and watch grizzlies catch fish in Alaska before I die, I'm gonna *riot*. From the totally obtainable (White Sands National Park) to the obscure (Lofoten), here's my big, bad, do-before-I-die bucket list.
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) This is my big bucket list of places to see before I die. #seekerchallenge
- the.vagrant.optimist (Josh Wicks) One of my favorite activities is hiking and trekking all over this beautiful earth. There's no better medicine than getting outdoors and reconnecting with nature. Here's my ever-growing list of memorable treks that took my breath away (in more ways than one).
- seeker (Seeker Editors) A little slice of paradise for you and your honey is just an airplane ride away. What better way to celebrate your endless love and connection than by visiting these gorgeous destinations? Here are our picks of the most romantic and picturesque destinations from around the world for the perfect backdrop of your romantic holiday. Whether you dream about relaxing along a pristine coastline sipping on fruity drinks or uncovering an adventure- we have the place for you.
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) My bucketlist of trails to conquer one day