United States Nevada Nevada
A small rural town in Nevada known for its historic mining background and charming western atmosphere.
Tips from the community
Austin is a small town located on the Loneliest Road in America, and it's a great place to stop and explore on a road trip. The town has a rich mining history, and visitors can learn more about it at the Stokes Castle, a historic stone mansion that offers sweeping views of the surrounding landscape. The town is also home to the International Hotel, a historic building that once served as a stagecoach stop and now houses a museum and gift shop. Outdoor enthusiasts can explore nearby Hickison Petroglyphs Recreation Area, which features ancient rock art and hiking trails. Austin is also home to some great restaurants and cafes, including the historic International Cafe, which has been serving up homestyle meals for over 100 years. Finally, the town's annual Austin Fly-In event draws aviation enthusiasts from around the country to watch vintage planes take to the skies.
chiefseeker 6 months ago
- carrieback (Carrie Back)
- carrieback (Carrie Back)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Pack your favorite basket because we are going on a picnic. These parks across the US are tried and tested, locally loved picnic spots that we personally think are the *best* in the country. From tropical gardens to sprawling meadows, there is no shortage of quaint scenery to lay down your favorite blanket and indulge in a tasty lunch with friends. Including classics like Central Park, and historical reserves such as the Walden Pond- Check out these picks for your next big picnic.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Whisk her away this year at one of these gorgeous destinations for a Mother's Day to remember. Nothing says "Thank you" like a balmy day along the Florida coast or a night of sampling cocktails at a cozy bar in Budapest. Whether you plan to stay close to home or go on a 48-hour adventure, these cities are sure to impress and show your mom just how much she means to you.
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) If you are a fan of long and serene drives, then the Nevada portion of Route 50 is the perfect destination. Known as the "Loneliest Road in America," this 287-mile stretch of road offers a unique and unforgettable road trip experience. The road may be long and barren, but it boasts some stunning natural beauty and historic landmarks, including ghost towns and mining communities that are frozen in time. Be cautious while embarking on this journey and ensure to fill the tank at every gas station along the way, as you never know when the next one will appear. Welcome to the Loneliest Road in America!
- theboldstreet (The Bold Street ) Postcard murals, aka "Greetings from" murals, are a popular type of public art that often feature the name of a city or location along with an illustration or depiction of the city's most famous landmarks or attractions. Perfect for the gram, these types of murals are often installed by destination marketing teams and organizations and designed to attract visitors. Here are some of our favorite Postcard murals from around the world.
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) A list and map of all the places you can see street art by the world's most notorious graffiti artist, Banksy. Note: New Banksy original pieces are constantly popping up around the world and older pieces at times have faded or been removed.
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) Gathering ideas for an affordable yet epic spot for a girls trip. Must haves:🍹 👙 🌊 💃🏽
- seeker (Seeker Editors) With 50 states across the USA boasting a vibrant and culturally rich capital city, there are plenty of awesome destinations for your next adventure. From ultra-trendy Salt Lake City to historical Boston, these beaming metropolises encompass the famously American melting pot. For some USA travel inspo, here is our list of every capital city across the country.
- camillem1998 (Camille Moinier)