United States Louisiana New Orleans
Iconic urban green space in New Orleans, known for its large oak trees, lagoons, gardens, art installations, and recreational activities.
- 1 Palm Drive
- (504) 482-4888
Tips from the community
City Park is the largest park in New Orleans at 1,300 acres; almost double the size of New York’s Central Park. There are plenty of activities to do in City Park such as exploring the New Orleans Museum of Art and the New Orleans Botanical Garden. You can take out a swan boat on Big Lake, rent a kayak or canoe at their Bayou St. John access, and enjoy miles of walking paths all over the park. City Park is also an idyllic spot for a picnic in the city. Grab beignets from their on-site branch of Cafe Du Monde or order a plate of crawfish from a nearby restaurant and enjoy.
kaylee 2 years ago
Beautiful and entertaining, the kids will love City Park. Sprawling over 1,300 acres, there’s so much to do starting with the flowers and plants you’ll find inside. What’s even better? The Carousel Gardens Amusement Park which has 18 rides for children and adults of all ages. Things not to miss are Storyland which is a playground with larger-than-life characters from famous story books. Also check out Train Garden in the Botanic Garden area of the park where you’ll learn about the history and architecture of the town through replicas made out of botanic materials.
isabelledb 2 years ago
The City Park neighbourhood is really just a very large park, but what is so cool about it is that you can see alligators in the park’s lagoons! New Orleans is home to so much wildlife, right in the city! Do not feed or taunt the alligators though, unless you want to risk becoming their dinner!
wonderwhereiwander 2 years ago
City Park LOVE sign in the Sculpture Garden. Robert Indiana's pop art Love design. There are many of those signs around the world and we have one!!
hiusa 2 years ago
Is a must see! Check out the expanded sculpture garden and botanical garden.
hiusa 2 years ago
City Park Lists
- isabelledb (Isabelle de Braux) If you're thinking, what am I gonna do with the kids in a boozy town like New Orleans?! Well, the imbibing and eating and indulging can make a lot of travelers think the city is nothing but a big party town for adults. But peel back those distilled layers and you’ll find that there are some truly memorable things for kids to do. From fun rides at City Amusement Park, to the butterfly garden and kayaking across charming NOLA neighborhoods. Here's your pick of the litter!
- hiusa (HI USA ) Love the outdoors? Here are some places to visit when travelling to New Orleans! Recommendations from local HI USA Volunteers and Staff.
- hiusa (HI USA ) Looking for the perfect photo op? Here are some places to visit when travelling to New Orleans! Recommendations from local HI USA Volunteers and Staff.
- kaylee (Kaylee Giacomini) New Orleans is known for its cuisine, rich culture, unique architecture, and nightlife. But did you know that they have one of the largest city parks in the country? NOLA is home to thousands of acres of parks waiting to be explored. Some are compact oases as small as a city block, while others are lush botanical escapes on the banks of the river with babbling streams and ancient oak trees. Check out some of my favorites for when I need a break from city life.
- wonderwhereiwander (Rose Winter) Mouth-watering Cajun food? A live Blues band at every turn? A marriage procession right in the middle of the street? Whether you call it New Orleans, NOLA, the Crescent City or the Big Easy, this enchanting city really has it all. There is nowhere on this planet quite like it. You could easily not know where to start, so let me help you! Here are some of the best neighbourhoods in the most exciting city in the South.
- michele (Michele Humeston)