Tips from the community
seeker 1 year ago
seeker 6 months ago
- seeker (Seeker Editors) From the mountains of Quebec to the outskirts of Tokyo, mystical Slovakian lakes, and cascading waterfalls, these fall landscapes are some of our favorite hidden gems. Enjoy the wonder and magic of the new season, cool air, warm pigmented trees, and pathways coated in crispy leaves at these breathtaking destinations around the world.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) If you like mountain climbing- then we're sure you’ve heard of these intense treks. The stunning summits of these mountains goes between picturesque, forested grounds to rugged, icy terrain, and everything in between. From the famous Mount Fuji to the historical Mont Blanc, if you haven’t already, add these adventurous destinations to your climbing bucket list- you won’t be disappointed.
- michele (Michele Humeston) Every block of stone has a statue inside it and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it. Michelangelo
- mustangdmv (Danielle Call) I love traveling in the summer when the sun is out and cities are bustling, but there are some places that need to be seen in winter for you to experience their true beauty. These are some of the places that I am longing to go for a winter getaway! Fair warning: festive lighting and a dusting of snow are my reasons for all of these places :) #seekerchallenge
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Gorgeously sculpted and picturesque caves exist in all forms across the planet, perfect for your bucket list. From the otherworldly glowworm caves which light up like sparkling lights to deep underground caves showcasing the history of our planet, we love discovering the secret world of these destinations. Check our selection of the most amazing caves across the planet that are sure to scratch your need for adventure and picture-perfect views.
- leah (Leah Fishman)
- georgierdarling (Georgie Darling)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Cold weather travel is a delight that often gets overlooked. Here at Seeker. we love cozying up by the fireplace in a snow-covered cottage, exploring the gorgeous pearly views of icy tundra, and walking through an impeccably-decorated Manhattan pretending we are starring in our very own Lifetime holiday film. We selected some of the most dreamy and wintery destinations around the world. How many have you been to?
- seeker (Seeker Editors) We have put together this list of the *brand new* 2021 UNESCO World Heritage list destinations across the globe, from ancient temples to elevated pottery towns. These unique sites around the world are famous for their significant history and importance to local culture. Whether you seek to uncover rare biodiversity amongst the tropical Islands of Japan, tour dynamic landscape gardens in Brazil, or discover ancient astronomical sites- these are some of the most cutting edge cultural heritage sites across the globe that made the cut for UNESCO just this year.
- akrysiak (Alicja Krysiak)
- leah (Leah Fishman) If I don't get to sip tea in Sri Lanka's hillside, read books in the Lake District, cozy up with Christmas lights in Zermatt, and watch grizzlies catch fish in Alaska before I die, I'm gonna *riot*. From the totally obtainable (White Sands National Park) to the obscure (Lofoten), here's my big, bad, do-before-I-die bucket list.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Coastal towns and sparkling metropolises, across the sprawling continent of Europe there is so much to uncover and experience. Whether you seek picturesque villages painted in pastel colors or cosmopolitan flair, Europe has the perfect city for you to explore. Here is our collection of capital cities in Europe.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Leave it to The New York Times to curate such a lengthy list of life-changing locations for their iconic 52 Places list. These unique travel destinations across the world were selected by pros for being breathtakingly beautiful and providing awe-inspiring experiences. From the towering ancient pyramids of Egypt to the neon bustling metropolis of Tokyo, there is a lot of vacation inspo for your next big adventure.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Throughout the vast continent of Europe, there are endless adventures to uncover. Here is a collection of the most awe-inspiring World Heritage sites across Europe, including mesmerizing landmarks, bustling cities, and gorgeous natural landscapes. Uncover some of the most mysterious and beautiful travel destinations on the planet with this bucket-list-worthy selection.
- worldtravelista (Jessica Adza)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) More and more countries are opening up this year, and we are ready with passports in hand! Be sure to check the requirements beforehand, but consider these gorgeous destinations for your summer getaway. Enjoy blissful paradise in Bali, lay down in fresh grass in Norway beneath a midnight sun, or dance the night away in artsy Melbourne. As tourism comes back, these destinations are ready and waiting- let's book those flights!
- seeker (Seeker Editors) With a full palate featuring all colors of the rainbow, from picturesque ivory houses lining the Tangier coast to the clear turquoise waters of Okinawa, these are the 20 best places to travel according to CN Traveler. Take a look into these unique and culturally rich tourist destinations that while sometimes overlooked, are guaranteed to produce lifelong memories and Instagram-worthy pictures.
- steve (Steven Rabkin)
- steve (Steven Rabkin)
- Read more...
Brace yourself: you’re about to get lost in brilliant blue waters, beautiful high peaks, and lush emerald forests. Whether you dream of exploring Patagonia’s other-worldly landscapes, trekking alongside lions in Africa, or relaxing in European hot pools with majestic mountains jutting across the skyline, these top lake resorts promise the perfect balance of rest, romance, […]
- Read more...
Europe stretches from the wild waves of Portugal to the mossy woodlands of Belarus, the tundra of the Scandinavian north to the glistening beaches and down in Greece. Between its borders, this land holds treasures of such immeasurable natural magnificence that it would be a crime to even attempt to distill the lot into a […]
- Read more...
Europe is the birthplace of hygge culture: the Danish word for all things comfy and cosy. If tropical getaways aren’t your thing, than Europe is the perfect spot to hunker down and cozy up this winter season. Wake up to snow-capped mountains in Slovenia, walk cobbled streets in Tallinn, shop at cheerful Christmas festivals in […]
- Read more...
Can’t afford a steamy tropical vacation this winter? No worries. Bundle up embrace the cold with these super cozy (and family-friendly) winter festivals found around the world. Some of the best winter vacation spots are hiding right in plain sight: explore majestic ice sculptures in China, watch twinkling lights in the Netherlands, compete in winter […]