United States California New York
American Museum of Natural History
A renowned natural science museum located in New York, offering exhibits on various aspects of our planet's history, cultures, and biodiversity.
- 200 Central Park West
Tips from the community
The American Museum of Natural History in New York City is one of the largest and most comprehensive natural history museums in the world, with a collection of over 33 million specimens and artifacts. The museum is located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, near Central Park. It has appeared in numerous films and TV shows, including "Night at the Museum," which helped popularize the museum and its exhibits. The Tyrannosaurus rex skeleton in the Hall of Saurischian Dinosaurs is an absolute must see!
chiefseeker 8 months ago
The American Museum of Natural History in New York City is one of the most renowned museums in the world. It boasts an impressive collection of exhibits on natural history, including dinosaurs, wildlife, and human cultures. Visitors can explore everything from the depths of the ocean to the stars in the sky, making it a must-see attraction for anyone interested in science and history.
seeker 9 months ago
The American Museum of Natural History is a lot of fun for kids (and adults!). If you've seen Night at the Museum then you'll already have a good idea of the kinds of things you'll see and learn here. There are dinosaur fossils, giant wooly mammoth's, lions, ocean life, rocks and gems, and a planetarium!
mustangdmv 3 years ago
The American Museum of Natural History has been the set of many movies. To name some of them, 'The Devil Wears Prada' and 'Night At The Museum'.
stillontheroad 3 years ago
American Museum of Natural History Lists
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) Taking my daughter to NYC in April 2023 to celebrate the big 1-0!!!
- mustangdmv (Danielle Call) You may be wondering how someone that doesn't have kids can recommend things to do with kids. Well, we were all kids once and the very first time I was in NYC I was only 9 years old! There are a ton of great things to do in the city with kids.
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff) New York is known as the city that never sleeps, and for good reason! There is no other city quite like it in the world. NYC is a cultural melting pot, filled with some of the world's most famous landmarks, restaurants galore, and attractions to keep you busy for weeks. As a first-timer to the city, it can be super overwhelming to decide what to see and where to go. This guide is here to help you navigate the city and get the most out of your first visit. And trust me... you will be back! Welcome to NYC!
- stillontheroad (Giada Matera) A few of my favorite movies/tv show film locations.
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) These museums are bucket-list worthy destinations that are on the top of itineraries worldwide. From ancient treasures to contemporary design, there is something for everyone. Enjoy our expertly curated selection of the most breathtaking museums from around the world, merely a plane ride away.