Landlocked East African country known for its mountainous landscape, wildlife including gorillas, and a tragic genocide history now reborn.
Tips from the community
Known for its breathtaking scenery, Rwanda is often referred to as le pays des mille collines (French: “land of a thousand hills”). The name is fitting - from volcanoes to Nyungwe Forest, to lake Ruhundo, there is no shortage of beautiful and picturesque locations in Rwanda. I'd hit up Kimironko Market for fish, potatoes, millet, fruits, to experience the rich food culture of the country. And for my fellow vegetarians/pescatarians, there will always be options - Rwandans only eat meat a few times a month!
thegoddess_pallas 3 years ago
Rwanda is a breathtakingly beautiful African country with a rich cultural heritage and a fascinating history. Visitors to Rwanda can enjoy close encounters with rare mountain gorillas in the lush Virunga Mountains, explore the bustling capital city of Kigali, and learn about the country's remarkable comeback from the devastating genocide of 1994. From vibrant markets and local music to stunning natural wonders and world-class conservation efforts, Rwanda is an unforgettable destination for adventurous travelers.
seeker 11 months ago
Rwanda is a small but captivating country located in east-central Africa. Known for its stunning natural beauty and vibrant culture, Rwanda offers visitors a unique and unforgettable travel experience. From exploring the lush forests of the Volcanoes National Park to learning about the country's rich history and culture at the Kigali Genocide Memorial, Rwanda is a must-visit destination for any traveler looking to immerse themselves in Africa's beauty and diversity.
seeker 11 months ago
Ranked as the 25th best place to travel by Travel & Leisure, Rwanda offers visitors a unique combination of adventure, wildlife and cultural experiences. Gorilla trekking in the lush forests of Volcanoes National Park is a must-do, along with a visit to the Kigali Genocide Memorial and a hike up Mount Bisoke. Whether you're seeking outdoor adventure or cultural immersion, Rwanda has something for every type of traveler.
seeker 11 months ago
Beautiful country with amazing people. I enjoyed Rwanda with the beautiful landscapes, mountains, lakes. Rwanda is a very hilly country. I loved hiking there, the local food, the tea produced there and the coffee. I look forward to go back again.
alkidacerri1 3 years ago
- wildlifeconnect (Wildlife Connect ) Ever dreamed of wandering amidst lush greenery and coming face-to-face with nature's most majestic creatures? Wildlife sanctuaries offer just that – a chance to step into the habitats of the animal kingdom and witness the wonders of the natural world up close. These havens of biodiversity not only provide crucial protection for wildlife but also invite us humans to immerse ourselves in an experience that's both enlightening and humbling. From the roaming giants of the savannahs to the elusive predators of the dense forests, each sanctuary is a world unto itself, waiting to be explored. So, grab your binoculars and let’s take a virtual trek through some of the most amazing wildlife sanctuaries that you can actually visit. Prepare to be awed!
- bookedbyiman (Iman Childs) My spin on a travel bucketlist! From visiting Vanuatu to attending all 4 tennis Grand Slams, these are the places and unique experiences I'd love to see during my travels.
- alkidacerri1 (Alkida Cerri)
- thegoddess_pallas (Pallas-Amenah Morgan) My top 10 countries to visit in the African continent - hint: it's much more than safaris and villages! #seekerchallenge #DoBeforeIDie
- seeker (Seeker Editors) With a full palate featuring all colors of the rainbow, from picturesque ivory houses lining the Tangier coast to the clear turquoise waters of Okinawa, these are the 20 best places to travel according to CN Traveler. Take a look into these unique and culturally rich tourist destinations that while sometimes overlooked, are guaranteed to produce lifelong memories and Instagram-worthy pictures.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Nat Geo has their finger on the pulse in terms of trendy destinations to add to your bucket list. While these destinations are recently lighting up on Traveller's minds worldwide, they also have amazing historical significance and have been attracting streams of adventurers for years. From the ancient pyramids towering in sandy Egypt to the lush natural landscape of Vietnam, let's take a look at Nat Geo's selection of trending destinations.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) These breathtaking destinations selected by Travel & Leisure are on the top of bucket lists worldwide. From the gorgeous tropical landscape of Costa Rica to the modern metropolis of Beijing, this list encompasses the vast sceneries and experiences that our planet has to offer. Explore with us seekers, the 50 best places to travel as chosen by the experts at Travel & Leisure.
- steve (Steven Rabkin)