A Central Asian nation known for its rich Silk Road history, distinctive architecture, ornate mosques, and the ancient city of Samarkand.
Tips from the community
I discovered the beauty of Uzbekistan's architecture thanks to Instagram. I'd love to visit and buy all the ikat print I can.
bookedbyiman 3 years ago
Samarkand is one of my life-dreams
iuliana.marchian 3 years ago
- ryan (Ryan Haq) [Kazakhstan --> Kyrgyzstan --> Uzbekistan --> Turkmenistan --> Azerbajian. Tajikistan is not on this list because of geographical and safety constraints] I haven't done this trip yet, but it's on my bucket list. First of all, let's talk realistically about this region: you will need to adapt to fewer English speakers, infrastructural gaps, and cultural considerations. From what folks say, Central Asia is jam packed with the most authentic & kindest people, freshest fruits, and breathtaking history. Once you get to Turkmenbashi, cross the Caspian Sea by ferry and arrive in Baku. Anyone wanna join me? Let's roam the cities and countrysides of the ancient Silk Road.
- ryan (Ryan Haq) These were trips I had planned pre-Covid that I'm itchin' to finish. Who's joining me?
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Across the vast, diverse continent of Asia, there are seemingly endless World Heritage Sites to explore. Visit the sparse atomic bomb dome in Hiroshima, or walk for hours along the towering Great Wall of China. From sprawling rustic temple grounds to ancient statues of civilizations past- here is a collection of some of the prominent World Heritage Sites in Asia.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Explore beneath the glittering pink lights of Beijing, hop on a plane to the bustling metropolis of Seoul, discover sandy coastline cities and wander ancient temples of civilizations past- we present our collection of capital cities in Asia. Asia is a massive continent deeply rich in history with diverse cultures, these awe-inspiring destinations are sure to be future backdrops of life-changing adventures to come.
- bookedbyiman (Iman Childs) My spin on a travel bucketlist! From visiting Vanuatu to attending all 4 tennis Grand Slams, these are the places and unique experiences I'd love to see during my travels.
- iuliana.marchian (Iuliana Marchian) Countries and Sites I have postponed to visit because of COVID 19. Plan your Trip and you will tell the Universe that you are Working to Achieving your Goal.
- steve (Steven Rabkin)