Cambodia Siem Reap Province Krong Siem Reap
A historic temple complex in Cambodia, iconic for its massive stone structures and intricate carvings, symbolizing Khmer architectural mastery.
Tips from the community
Yes, Angkor Wat is located in Siem Reap but it deserves it’s own special mention. Most tourists will come to Cambodia just for the temples. There are 1, 3 or 7 day tickets available with prices starting at $35. One day was enough for me to see this stunning collection of ancient temples. Leave at 5am to catch the sunrise and see some of the temples, head back to your hotel for a nap and lunch, then back at 4pm to see some more temples and watch the sunset. A Tuk Tuk for the day will cost around $25 and a guide $35+. You can’t go to Cambodia and not visit Angkor Wat!
onestep4ward 4 years ago
Angkor Wat is an iconic symbol of Cambodia and it is considered to be one of the most significant archaeological sites in Southeast Asia. This enormous temple complex boasts intricate carvings, stunning architecture, and sprawling greenery, setting the stage for an awe-inspiring experience that will enchant visitors from all walks of life. Whether admiring the sun-soaked ruins or exploring the ancient city on foot, there's no denying that Angkor Wat is truly one of the world's most famous landmarks.
seeker 11 months ago
Angkor Wat is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and an iconic travel landmark located in the city of Krong Siem Reap, Siem Reap Province, Cambodia. It is a massive temple complex that was built in the 12th century and is a testament to the Khmer Empire's architectural feat. With intricate carvings, towering spires, and breathtaking views, Angkor Wat is a must-see attraction that offers visitors a glimpse into the rich history and culture of Cambodia.
seeker 11 months ago
Angkor Wat is the largest religious monument in the world, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site located in Siem Reap Province, Cambodia. It was built in the early 12th century as a Hindu temple, and later became a Buddhist temple. This iconic temple complex features stunning architecture, intricate carvings, and a unique blend of cultural influences. A trip to Angkor Wat is a must-visit for anyone interested in history, culture, and architecture.
seeker 11 months ago
Nestled in gorgeous northern Cambodia, Angkor Wat is a well-preserved massive Buddhist temple that was built in the early 12th century. This gorgeous stone structure is unrivaled in artistic distinctiveness and magnificence, rightfully earning itself as one of the coolest things to see in person in Asia. Tour ancient ruins and gorgeous landscapes at this vast monument to human creativeness.
seeker 3 years ago
Angkor Wat Guides
- michele (Michele Humeston) At the moment, there are 1,153 UNESCO World Heritage Sites dotted across the globe
- kelli.allred (Kelli Allred)
- jeanlouise (Jean Tiston) This is a work in progress list that I would constantly update as I go along :)
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Asia has no limit on life-changing experiences and gorgeous views, no matter where you travel in the vast continent. From the natural healing properties of the Dead Sea to the lush botanical gardens of Singapore, Asia is full of culturally rich treasures and well-preserved temples and shrines that you can see first hand. Throughout our travels in Asia, we have put together a list of some of the most awe-inspiring experiences, including climbing to the top of Mount Fuji and taking in the vibrant market square of Kathmandu, this list is full of the coolest experiences across the board so that you are ready for your next big vacay.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) These monumental locations have maintained their status as bucket list-worthy travel destinations. Whether it's the iconic Hollywood sign that transports you into a movie or the mysterious structure of Stonehenge that has puzzled historians for centuries, these landmarks are distinguished in how they have influenced culture across the globe. Inspiring natural wonders, conspiracy-inducing formations, and outright stunning achievements of humanity: enjoy our seeker-approved list of the world's most famous landmarks..
- chiefseeker (Jody Vandergriff)
- onestep4ward (Johnny Ward) Cambodia is one of the highlights in Southeast Asia. People often just visit the big 3; Phnom Penh, Battambang and Siem Reap, but there is so much more to see in this beautiful country. Here are my 12 most beautiful spots in Cambodia.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Across the vast, diverse continent of Asia, there are seemingly endless World Heritage Sites to explore. Visit the sparse atomic bomb dome in Hiroshima, or walk for hours along the towering Great Wall of China. From sprawling rustic temple grounds to ancient statues of civilizations past- here is a collection of some of the prominent World Heritage Sites in Asia.
- seeker (Seeker Editors) Mark the occasion- literally, with these incredible travel landmarks across the planet. These destinations represent history and culture and have drawn travelers from all corners of the globe to take in their magnificence. Enjoy the view from The Empire State Building in NYC or snap a pic in front of the Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy. Become a part of history- let's explore these iconic Travel Landmarks.
- cherishbroker (Cherish Broker)